Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2008, 05:45:46 PM
There'll be less names in this week's Gaelic Life.

If only I could remember who I picked, twice. Did you see the Russian keeper top of the pile?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jinxy

Quote from: hardstation on October 05, 2008, 04:56:28 PM
FT
Cartoon 0-08
Shamrocks 0-05

Thank Christ that shite is over.

Cortoon Shamrocks is the name of the club. They were playing Corofin. Have you no word of Irish at all? :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Full-time in Fintona :-

Dromore: 2-08
Omagh: 0-05

No doubt about that then.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

el_cuervo_fc

Thomas Davis 0-9 St Vincents 0-14

That's a nice wee bet up with St vincents, Crossmaglen, Pearse Ogs and Ballinderry  ;D

HowdyDoody

vincents v crokes semi....connelly sent off straight red in the quarters so prob miss semis

interestedingaa

Well done to St. Galls and Ballinderry in winning their county finals.

Have a look at the stats recorded for each team here:

http://www.gaastats.com/samplestats.htm

INDIANA

connolly does miss the semis, final and leinster early rounds if we progressed which we're way off at the moment. The std in dublin is brutal this year, easily the worst std of county championship i've seen in along time. and any of the 4teams left could win it,.

Maguire01

The end of this one sounds a bit hairy!

QuoteCross to face Pearse Og in final 

Pearse Og qualified for the Lucozade Armagh SFC final as they edged out Killeavy 0-13 to 0-9 on Sunday.

Killeavy led early on but Pearse Og hit back to lead 0-6 to 0-4 at the interval and last year's beaten finalists stayed ahead in the second half.

Crossmaglen stayed on course for a 13th successive title as they held off Armagh Harps 1-13 to 1-10 in the second semi-final at the Athletic Grounds.

The game ended in controversy as a Joe Quigley Harps' goal was disallowed.

Deep into injury-time, Harps were awarded a 13-metre free and kicker Quigley was informed by referee Michael Leonard that it was the final play of the match.

Quigley's goal attempt went into the net off the legs of Crossmaglen goalkeeper Paul Hearty but referee Leonard apparently ruled that the ball had gone dead once it did not go directly into the net.

Needless to say, the decision caused some consternation among Armagh Harps fans.

Crossmaglen led 1-7 to 0-3 at half-time with Tony Kernan slamming to the net from close range on 10 minutes after his own penalty had been blocked.

The holders were leading 1-5 to 0-2 when they had an escape on 20 minutes with Harps' Kevin Kelly missing a penalty.

Crossmaglen still looked in control after the break when they led 1-9 to 0-5 but points from Quigley, Sean Morrison and Kevin Kelly gave Harps renewed hope.

Aaron Kernan and Stephen Kernan then pointed to increase Cross' lead to six but Joe Quigley's goal got Harps right back into the game.

Crossmaglen were leading 1-13 to 1-10 deep into injury-time when Harps were awarded the free, which led to last-gasp controversy.

Lecale2

Maguire01

It would appear ridiculous rather than brave. It's not as if Cross would have lost - it would have been a draw. It seems a bit unfair to say the least.

Reminded me of this one last year:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7077851.stm

Bogball XV

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 05, 2008, 09:17:54 PM
It would appear ridiculous rather than brave. It's not as if Cross would have lost - it would have been a draw. It seems a bit unfair to say the least.

Reminded me of this one last year:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/7077851.stm
it's an absolutely nonsensical call - you train all year and then the referee does that, joke!

imtommygunn

So much for those stats, none of the links work.

Your back-slash should be a forward m-slash...

That Galway final was awful. Donegal one not too bad though.

interestedingaa

QuoteSo much for those stats, none of the links work...
What error message are you getting?  Do you have adobe reader installed? They are pdf files so they need adobe to view them?  Works on my computer but I'll check on another one .  Thanks.

Maguire01

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2008, 09:30:13 PM
So much for those stats, none of the links work...
Work for me.

imtommygunn

It's a 404 not found. There's a \ instead of a / in the link. Doesn't work in IE or firefox. Changing the link from \ to / in the address bar makes it work. Adobe etc is fine.

Anyway - quite a lot of into if you like / can make use of that sort of thing.

That cross thing sounds shocking - they should really put an appeal in - if you can put appeals in for that sort of thing.