Latest Scores

Started by Lecale2, February 25, 2007, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: gerry on September 06, 2008, 02:26:09 PM
Quote(14 minutes-1st half-time counting down)

first time to watch a ladies match.  when i looked at the clock and i saw 8 minutes on it i thought this was a high scoring game, then i realised that the clock was counting down.

is this the norm for ladies football?

i think the clock is a great idea and should be introduced at intercounty matches its stops in the ladies game whenever there is an injury ,the referee asks for the clock to be stopped and it is it cuts out the nonsense of wondering what time the referee adds on which is normally only 2-3 minutes when in fact play can be stopped for a lot longer during matches with injuries
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Carmen Stateside

It can cause alot of problems. Answer me this , If a penalty is give and the hooter goes what happens?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 06, 2008, 02:43:11 PM
It can cause alot of problems. Answer me this , If a penalty is give and the hooter goes what happens?

oh never thought of that one carmen  :-\
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Carmen Stateside

Cork look very strong.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2008, 03:55:37 PM
If a free kick, penalty or 45 is awarded and has not been taken before time siren has blown, the kick is allowed to be taken; after it is taken no player from the same team that was awarded the kick may touch the ball or the game is over and it is usually over when the ball either goes dead or an opponent takes possession. However if a defender touches the ball before going out for a 45 or a goalkeeper saves a penalty and pushes the ball out over the end line, a 45 will still be awarded.

What if the keeper saves and it comes back out into play?

Onlooker

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 06, 2008, 02:37:13 PM
Quote from: gerry on September 06, 2008, 02:26:09 PM
Quote(14 minutes-1st half-time counting down)

first time to watch a ladies match.  when i looked at the clock and i saw 8 minutes on it i thought this was a high scoring game, then i realised that the clock was counting down.

is this the norm for ladies football?

i think the clock is a great idea and should be introduced at intercounty matches its stops in the ladies game whenever there is an injury ,the referee asks for the clock to be stopped and it is it cuts out the nonsense of wondering what time the referee adds on which is normally only 2-3 minutes when in fact play can be stopped for a lot longer during matches with injuries
I have often wondered how much time is added on in a Ladies Football match, when the watch is stopped for each injury.  I put a stop watch on last Saturday's Intermediate semi final between Tipperary and Wexford and time added on in the first half was 5 minutes and 30 seconds and in the second half 1 minute and 42 seconds.  I have an open mind on the use of the clock, but I think it will come in the next few years, at least on a trial basis.  One important point, what happens if the hooter goes just after a player kicks the ball, but before the ball goes over the bar?.

Carmen Stateside

In that case Onlooker the score stands.

gerry

cork looking strong, need a big second half of the ladies if we are going to be in another all ireland.

Carmen Stateside

Not hard to see why Cork are All Ireland champs! There scores seem to come alot easier.  Only for some poor shot selections and a great save Cork could be out of site. Tyrone defenders seem to be charging in for the tackle and are being side stepped very easily. An early goal here could change things but!

Carmen Stateside

ziggysego

Cork ladies just all over Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Its like men against boys out there, except that its not.

Cork much stronger on the ball - Tyrone taking bad options now, and rarely out in front (defenders or forwards) :-\

gerry

Quote from: ziggysego on September 06, 2008, 04:25:07 PM
Cork ladies just all over Tyrone.

must change my name to tyrone then

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2008, 04:25:51 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on September 06, 2008, 04:04:30 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 06, 2008, 03:55:37 PM
If a free kick, penalty or 45 is awarded and has not been taken before time siren has blown, the kick is allowed to be taken; after it is taken no player from the same team that was awarded the kick may touch the ball or the game is over and it is usually over when the ball either goes dead or an opponent takes possession. However if a defender touches the ball before going out for a 45 or a goalkeeper saves a penalty and pushes the ball out over the end line, a 45 will still be awarded.

What if the keeper saves and it comes back out into play?
It's game over as neither the penalty taker or her team mates can play the ball again. Think penalty shoot-out in soccer.

Thanks for clearing that up.  The reason i asked is because this situation arose a fortnight ago in the New York ladies final. The penalty was given with three points in it and time up.  The Cavan keeper saved the shot but it rebounded back out to the kicker who buried it at the second attempt.  Despite the protests of Cavan the goal stood. The referee who was out from home for it said it was good! ??? Cavan won the replay easy.