NFL Division 1 2024

Started by Blowitupref, January 16, 2023, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 20, 2024, 08:10:37 PMG the arrogrance of just dismissing Donegal and Monaghan out of hand,

Poor Cavan, boys a dear

Armagh18

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 20, 2024, 08:10:37 PMG the arrogrance of just dismissing Donegal and Monaghan out of hand,
More chance of Derry beating Donegal than Tyrone beating Monaghan imo, although Cavan and Monaghan never a straightforward game for Monaghan so who knows.

Goals_Will_Come

You would have to fancy the Semi Final to be Tyrone and Derry. In an Ulster championship game you would expect Derry to account for Donegal and Tyrone to account for either of Monaghan or Cavan.

tyrone08

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 21, 2024, 11:36:57 AM
You would have to fancy the Semi Final to be Tyrone and Derry. In an Ulster championship game you would expect Derry to account for Donegal and Tyrone to account for either of Monaghan or Cavan.

Wouldn't really be confident of a tyrone win in ulster to be fair. Donegal will be derry first real test while I would expect them to win a donegal win wouldn't be too shocking

Armagh18

Quote from: tyrone08 on February 21, 2024, 04:51:45 PM

Wouldn't really be confident of a tyrone win in ulster to be fair. Donegal will be derry first real test while I would expect them to win a donegal win wouldn't be too shocking
Was Kerry not a test for Derry?

An Watcher

Kerry without the Clifford's are a completely different proposition to kerry with the Clifford's.  A test but not a huge one

screenexile

I agree about Kerry without the Cliffords of course but I'd think Dublin and Mayo will be fairly big tests in the coming weeks. Not to mention Galway and Roscommon not being a walk in the park!

armaghniac

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 21, 2024, 05:03:25 PM

Was Kerry not a test for Derry?

Early games in the league are not quite the real thing, a couple of years ago Armagh hockeyed Dublin, but still fizzled out later in the season.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyrone08

Huge difference in facing teams in national league vs knockout championship. Be interesting to see how both teams approach the game. Mickey will be keen to get a win over Jim.

Wildweasel74

Drop off In form not what it was when u were playing to September. Sure County fball be over for near all in 4/5 months

ONeill

Since the '21 AI, this is Tyrone's record in league and championship.

DRAW
LOST
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
WON
WON
LOST
LOST

LOST
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
WON
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
DRAW
WON
LOST

WON
LOST
LOST

11W 2D 13L
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Watcher

JoG2

The grass isn't always greener

Aaron Boone

Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2024, 10:39:03 PMSince the '21 AI, this is Tyrone's record in league and championship.

DRAW
LOST
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
WON
WON
LOST
LOST

LOST
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
WON
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
DRAW
WON
LOST

WON
LOST
LOST

11W 2D 13L

It's dreadful stats but the team still remain in Div 1.

Hindsight tells us the 2021 Sam was the last kicks of a dying scorpion, but the young guns now have to dig in deep v Mayo on Saturday.

Division 1 is the place to be, even if "blooding young lads".

seafoid

Quote from: Aaron Boone on February 22, 2024, 12:42:00 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2024, 10:39:03 PMSince the '21 AI, this is Tyrone's record in league and championship.

DRAW
LOST
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
WON
WON
LOST
LOST

LOST
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
WON
WON
LOST
LOST
WON
DRAW
WON
LOST

WON
LOST
LOST

11W 2D 13L

It's dreadful stats but the team still remain in Div 1.

Hindsight tells us the 2021 Sam was the last kicks of a dying scorpion, but the young guns now have to dig in deep v Mayo on Saturday.

Division 1 is the place to be, even if "blooding young lads".
Tyrone would have won an all Ireland before 2021 if the dubs hadn't been financially doped by the GAA.
2021 was the last chance saloon for the team and they took it. There are a lot worse situations than D1 mediocrity. Ask Down or Meath or Cork