Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Brennan just probably didn't have the stomach to fight for his place. That's his decision. If he doesn't want to be there then he's right to leave.

nrico2006

One thing I have noticed the past 2 years since Sludden has came on the scene is that he goes missing in every big game.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

skeog

What a statement his goal the reason Final was reached last year.Was that not a big game.Maybe not at his best recently i will admit.Still a starter every time imo.

NotedObserver

Quote from: skeog on May 20, 2019, 12:57:19 PM
What a statement his goal the reason Final was reached last year.Was that not a big game.

Game changer v Donegal

Angelo

Quote from: NotedObserver on May 19, 2019, 01:52:48 PM
Quote from: Angelo on May 19, 2019, 01:35:11 PM
Is Conan Grugan still involved?

Is Harry Loughran still about also?

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/775334797/5000/

From the squad protraits, it looks like Grugan and Loughran were still involved at the end of the April anyway.

There's a few lads there that haven't seen a match day squad for some time - (Grugan, McClure, Loughran, Mulgrew, McNabb, B Burns and McHugh).

I had thought McNabb had left as he hasn't featured in any match day squad at all this year, has he been injured? I know Burns is not long back from an ACL and McHugh had a big injury at the start of this year.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

nrico2006

Quote from: skeog on May 20, 2019, 12:57:19 PM
What a statement his goal the reason Final was reached last year.Was that not a big game.Maybe not at his best recently i will admit.Still a starter every time imo.

Subbed in a lot of big games though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on May 20, 2019, 10:21:56 PM

From the squad protraits, it looks like Grugan and Loughran were still involved at the end of the April anyway.

There's a few lads there that haven't seen a match day squad for some time - (Grugan, McClure, Loughran, Mulgrew, McNabb, B Burns and McHugh).

I had thought McNabb had left as he hasn't featured in any match day squad at all this year, has he been injured? I know Burns is not long back from an ACL and McHugh had a big injury at the start of this year.

I didn't think McNabb was part of things either. Mulgrew has been injured this months, McHugh done the knee in a play off game at the tail end of last season so he's gone for the year I'd imagine and Burns is still to feature for Pomeroy this season. .

Not sure what the story is with McClure and particularly Loughran. He seemed to one of the first subs on last season thought he would have pushed on this season. The squad is probably it's lightest in terms of numbers for a few years now.

Angelo

Quote from: square_ball on May 21, 2019, 08:20:34 AM

I didn't think McNabb was part of things either. Mulgrew has been injured this months, McHugh done the knee in a play off game at the tail end of last season so he's gone for the year I'd imagine and Burns is still to feature for Pomeroy this season. .

Not sure what the story is with McClure and particularly Loughran. He seemed to one of the first subs on last season thought he would have pushed on this season. The squad is probably it's lightest in terms of numbers for a few years now.

Yeah, it's 34 (including Brendan Burns and McHugh who are unlikely to feature this year) from my reckoning as Lee Brennan has dropped off and Murnaghan has been released to the u20s. I'd imagine Harte might bring in a few lads going well on the club scene for training in the next few weeks - particularly forwards.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Angelo on May 21, 2019, 08:48:55 AM

Yeah, it's 34 (including Brendan Burns and McHugh who are unlikely to feature this year) from my reckoning as Lee Brennan has dropped off and Murnaghan has been released to the u20s. I'd imagine Harte might bring in a few lads going well on the club scene for training in the next few weeks - particularly forwards.

Who would be the likely candidates for this? I think a couple of new faces could be required as we wouldn't even have enough for a 15 v 15 in house game when you exclude the likes of Burns, McHugh, McNabb, Loughran and Mulgrew who haven't been fit to play any club football this year.

youhavenofans

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 21, 2019, 01:26:07 PM

Who would be the likely candidates for this? I think a couple of new faces could be required as we wouldn't even have enough for a 15 v 15 in house game when you exclude the likes of Burns, McHugh, McNabb, Loughran and Mulgrew who haven't been fit to play any club football this year.

Johnny Harkin was brought in for an inhouse game on the saturday of the weekend away. Didn't go to well for him as he picked up an injury 5mins into the inhouse game. Didn't go well with the tats at the time but dont think it was a bad injury.

Fuzzman

Sorry if this has been discussed before but why can't Mickey give players the option of playing club football if they want, especially if they are outside the 1st 21 playing squad.
I know it changes but would it not help the situation of lads who are not regulars, still train with the squad and get a chance to move into the top 21 players but then they can also play with their club and so they're whole season isn't ruined by just training and getting little football?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 21, 2019, 02:05:52 PM
Sorry if this has been discussed before but why can't Mickey give players the option of playing club football if they want, especially if they are outside the 1st 21 playing squad.
I know it changes but would it not help the situation of lads who are not regulars, still train with the squad and get a chance to move into the top 21 players but then they can also play with their club and so they're whole season isn't ruined by just training and getting little football?

I think the 3 issues with this are:

1) County board in theory looks at the fixtures in advance and tries to sort the starred games so that teams with county men play each other (though looking at the fixtures they aren't very good at it). If they didn't know who would be involved in advance they couldn't do this.
2) Could lead to disputes. Say if one club had a county man that played for 5 minutes in the previous game and he wasn't allowed to play in the next club match but the opposition had a county man that didn't get on and he was allowed to play. It would be hard to decide where to draw the line on who could play.
3) I'm sure the county team train every weekend. If some boys had club games and some didn't it could be messy in terms of preparation.

I don't think you could say Brennan's season would be ruined. No matter what he got to play 10 club games and the championship. He also played against Mayo and in the McKenna cup and no doubt would have got some time in the championship.

I'm assuming Trillicks main focus will be on the championship, as with most big clubs the league is very much secondary to how there season is judged. Playing in 5 starred games (1 they have already lost) isn't going to make or break their season. I'd say the decision has mainly come down to him not getting on. Wouldn't rule out an American offer either.

Angelo

It's mainly forwards that we are light in at the minute. Ryan Coleman did well for Mary's at FF in the Sigerson this year, Emmet McNabb and Paul Donaghy were decent for the u20s last year.

Michael O'Neill from Ardboe is a player I've liked the look of when I've seen him, Nathan Donnelly Killyclogher and Eoghan Murray from Tattyreagh also.

Could be worth a look at in any case just for the training games.

Under Lights

Four went to make up the numbers for an in-house game recently

Peter Teague, Dromore
Ryan Gray, Trillick
Jonny Harkin, Tattyreagh
Niall Kelly, Ballygawley and surrounding clubs

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Angelo on May 21, 2019, 08:31:26 PM

It's mainly forwards that we are light in at the minute. Ryan Coleman did well for Mary's at FF in the Sigerson this year, Emmet McNabb and Paul Donaghy were decent for the u20s last year.

Michael O'Neill from Ardboe is a player I've liked the look of when I've seen him, Nathan Donnelly Killyclogher and Eoghan Murray from Tattyreagh also.

Could be worth a look at in any case just for the training games.

USA Bound