Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 6294629 times)

WeeDonns

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #37680 on: May 17, 2018, 10:29:02 AM »
In South Antrim (mostly the belfast clubs) we have a south antrim league. its pretty much recreational football, played every thursday night. 15 a side if both teams have 15 if 1 team has 13 then 13 a side is played. works great, clubs grade 15 players who can't play. its always a good mix of older lads in their late 30s early 40s and some lads who need game time and also some lads who just dont wanna commit to senior or senior reserve. i think there are 12 teams in the league and there are very few fail to field. also have a championship for it. As its pretty much all belfast teams there is very little travelling which probably helps a lot too.
When I lived in Belfast my housemate played for St.Brigids in this league. It looked like good craic and to be honest was a little tempting to someone driving up & down the road to train/play Division 3 Reserves at home.
Itís a good way to keep people involved in the club who canít commit to the Tuesday, Friday, Sunday commitments of most teams. (That said; Football is more enjoyable when youíre in good shape as already pointed out)
Keeping people involved after they stop playing competitively means more volunteers, more revenue and a stronger club community.

Insurance issues can be worked out Iím sure. Much the same as entering a 5-a-side competition with your mates

The main drawback of such a competition would be that it would be more attractive to some current Reserve players & could affect numbers in that league.

Anyway, less of this day dreaming...

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #37681 on: May 17, 2018, 12:51:06 PM »
Errigal have the biggest pick of any club in Tyrone?

I would say so They take in 2 parish's, my Club Clonoe are in Clonoe Parish with Brockagh,Derrylaughan and Derrytresk!!

Tell me more about these 2 Parishes?

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #37682 on: May 17, 2018, 01:08:17 PM »
Club Championship draw, that was due to be tonight, has been postponed on request of the county senior management.

More To Follow...

laceer

• View Profile
« Reply #37683 on: May 17, 2018, 01:26:10 PM »
Club Championship draw, that was due to be tonight, has been postponed on request of the county senior management.

More To Follow...

Looking forward to hearing the explanation for this in a prompt and truthful manner.

ThreeStones

• View Profile
« Reply #37684 on: May 17, 2018, 01:51:06 PM »
Was there not talk the Club Championship Draw was put back to the first week in June, to give the new Sponsor LCC a standalone launch night for publicity etc rather than lump it in with Tyrone team announcement.
Think that makes sense to be fair.

BIGONE

• View Profile
« Reply #37685 on: May 17, 2018, 02:07:06 PM »

I would say so They take in 2 parish's, my Club Clonoe are in Clonoe Parish with Brockagh,Derrylaughan and Derrytresk!!

Poor Clonoe!!! Many a parish has two or more clubs.

Not as if the Clonoe tentacles arent stuck in every junior club within five miles.

We had one Senior player transferred to us from Derrytesk from 1990 no one from any other Club,so i am unsure what you mean...

Hughes' from Killyman?

laceer

• View Profile
« Reply #37686 on: May 17, 2018, 02:14:48 PM »
Was there not talk the Club Championship Draw was put back to the first week in June, to give the new Sponsor LCC a standalone launch night for publicity etc rather than lump it in with Tyrone team announcement.

That'd be fair enough.

Where'd you see this Under Lights?

GaaFanatic123

• View Profile
« Reply #37687 on: May 17, 2018, 03:16:52 PM »

That'd be fair enough.

Where'd you see this Under Lights?

They said at a recent meeting in Garvaghy that the draw would take place after the Tyrone/Monaghan game!

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #37688 on: May 17, 2018, 03:33:42 PM »

It's one big Parish. Covers a huge area. They also pick up the best players from Neighbouring clubs.

GJL

• View Profile
« Reply #37689 on: May 17, 2018, 03:45:46 PM »

It's one big Parish. Covers a huge area. They also pick up the best players from Neighbouring clubs.

How many? You got names?

Knock Yer Mucker In

• View Profile
« Reply #37690 on: May 17, 2018, 03:49:45 PM »

Not as if the Clonoe tentacles arent stuck in every junior club within five miles.

We had one Senior player transferred to us from Derrytesk from 1990 no one from any other Club,so i am unsure what you mean...

Hughes' from Killyman?

Hughes lives besides our pitch. He started his underage career with us, left to go to Killyman and then returned to his home club. Simple as that.

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #37691 on: May 17, 2018, 03:59:01 PM »

Hughes' from Killyman?

Hughes Transferred to Killyman from us and then came back to us....

bigtogs

• View Profile
« Reply #37692 on: May 17, 2018, 04:01:57 PM »
i can think of at least 15 players that left us to go to Brocagh/Derrytresk and Killyman n the last 20 odd years....

BIGONE

• View Profile
« Reply #37693 on: May 17, 2018, 04:31:10 PM »

Hughes' from Killyman?

Hughes Transferred to Killyman from us and then came back to us....

Fair enough then  ;D

Club boi

• View Profile
« Reply #37694 on: May 17, 2018, 05:04:10 PM »
i can think of at least 15 players that left us to go to Brocagh/Derrytresk and Killyman n the last 20 odd years....

Was any of them in their mid 20's or in their prime?? Or end of their career's??