Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Million

Quote from: 50fiftyball on November 01, 2020, 11:37:28 PM
What a year for errigal ciaran.

Asses handed to them by dungannon who they looked down their noses at.

Now their 2nd most famous celebrity Micky the Dictator gets the proverbial managers' guillotine in the morning

Bad year for the parish. MH is devoid of new ideas, talent pool needs revamped and his loyalty to some of the panel is unfair to the hungrier players within the county that are ignored.

omagh_gael

All great teams have strong and consistent spines, I was trying to think over the last 5 years who would fill this void for Tyrone?

3. McNamee

Is it fair to suggest that McNamee is the only player who consistently played in one of these jerseys? It is pretty mad to think that Harte has never  established someone to consistently fill at least half or 3/4s of these positions. I know the game is more fluid now but even today you couldnt say what position Harte or Donnelly play for Tyrone.

5times5times

Has anybody checked in on McKernan? Will he recover from his vicious assault?

GetOverTheBar

Now their 2nd most famous celebrity Micky the Dictator gets the proverbial managers' guillotine in the morning

You need to remove your real name email from your account before you come trolling here.

RedHand88

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 02, 2020, 10:25:47 AM

You need to remove your real name email from your account before you come trolling here.

Haha. Took 2 seconds to find a Facebook too.

Angelo

Quote from: omagh_gael on November 02, 2020, 09:47:45 AM
All great teams have strong and consistent spines, I was trying to think over the last 5 years who would fill this void for Tyrone?

3. McNamee

Is it fair to suggest that McNamee is the only player who consistently played in one of these jerseys? It is pretty mad to think that Harte has never  established someone to consistently fill at least half or 3/4s of these positions. I know the game is more fluid now but even today you couldnt say what position Harte or Donnelly play for Tyrone.

Going forward.

1. Morgan
3. McNamee
9. Kennedy
11. McKenna
14. McShane

I'd be fairly confident we have 11 and 14 established going forward.

I'd like to see Michael O'Neill being given a run at 6 going forward, he's done well in brief appearances so far. Richie Donnelly probably the best option to partner Kennedy in the middle if he can stay fit. Big year next year for Kilpatrick, hopefully we can get McNulty back on board as well.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Ty4Sam

3. McNamee

Very true omagh_gael. Harte, Donnelly, McGeary, Burns, Hampsey plus others constantly moved and changed. No chance of getting a settled team with that much change.

I've no doubt that its time for Mickey to move on, what he has done for Tyrone football will be remembered forever and everyone should be very thankful to him for it. Time waits for no man though and unfortunately for him his time has come. He has been given loads of time/resources/money (some may say too much) to build another team but alas it hasn't worked out. The frustrating thing for myself is that this team has huge potential and we aren't getting the best out of them, even yesterday, that match was there for the taking and again that chance wasn't taken advantage off. Another thing I've noticed over the last few years is a worrying lack of discipline creeping in from some of our players (on a few occasions yesterday ie McGeary, McCann were guilty of mouthing to the ref and frees being moved in) no top team does that, Donnelly showed his frustration to McCann on one occasion for this. Also there was countless lazy tackles put in that resulted in cheap frees, not exactly a forte of the great Tyrone teams who were exemplary in their tackling.

Going forward who is best placed for the job? I have no doubt that McGuinness would improve this team, would he cost much more than Harte is on at the minute? I'd say doubtful. I would go for him, his attention to detail is second to none with fantastic game management. I think his style of play with Donegal was dictated by the players at his disposal, I wouldn't be surprised if his style changed if he takes over this bunch of Tyrone players.

As some have alluded too, the County board may be reluctant to go outside the county. If that's the case, front runners would be Logan, Canavan, Dooher I believe. Although inexperienced at this level, I still think that this would be an improvement, mainly due to the fact that they would bring a lot of much needed freshness. Interesting times ahead, can we rely on the Count board to make the correct decision? We will soon find out.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

3. McNamee

That's exactly the point I've been making for ages. The team has no recognised spine or consistent style and it's leaders, Donnelly and Harte have been moved around all over the place for years. These are fundamental issues, particularly when the team is under pressure. It's little wonder that their decision making invariably goes wrong.

GetOverTheBar

McGuinness would be a great choice, obviously. But I don't think realistic. Malachy O'Rourke would have been another but looks like he's out of the picture too.

I actually think Tyrone would go outside, if someone outstanding came along depending on the circumstances etc. It would make sense really since the nature of our club competition means nobody ever gets the chance to put together that CV that would really be needed to get the public on board inside Tyrone. Maybe an outsider is actually needed. Someone like Stephen Rochford has all the credentials and the finger on the pulse of the county game being with Donegal currently.

The current underage managers do nothing for me, would be very underwhelming. Tyrone need a lift. That also includes a Mark Harte/Gavin Devlin ticket and Peter Canavan himself - who won't get involved now the son is there anyway.

FWIW I think Harte is with Tyrone until he's had enough, which doesn't look like being anytime soon. He'll argue with McShane and McKenna next year he has the firepower for first time in a number of years to go for it. Does he deserve that chance....?

NotedObserver

Big changes ahead

1. Morgan ?
2. Brennan
3. Mcnamee
4. Rafferty
?
6. Hampsey (if fit)
?
?
?
10. Donnelly
11. ?
12.?
13. Canavan
14. McShane
15. McKenna

A lot of positions up for grabs in the middle sector of pitch . Some decent performances in there yesterday and some v poor ones. Some thinking needed for next year

Angelo

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 02, 2020, 10:31:00 AM

3. McNamee

Very true omagh_gael. Harte, Donnelly, McGeary, Burns, Hampsey plus others constantly moved and changed. No chance of getting a settled team with that much change.

I've no doubt that its time for Mickey to move on, what he has done for Tyrone football will be remembered forever and everyone should be very thankful to him for it. Time waits for no man though and unfortunately for him his time has come. He has been given loads of time/resources/money (some may say too much) to build another team but alas it hasn't worked out. The frustrating thing for myself is that this team has huge potential and we aren't getting the best out of them, even yesterday, that match was there for the taking and again that chance wasn't taken advantage off. Another thing I've noticed over the last few years is a worrying lack of discipline creeping in from some of our players (on a few occasions yesterday ie McGeary, McCann were guilty of mouthing to the ref and frees being moved in) no top team does that, Donnelly showed his frustration to McCann on one occasion for this. Also there was countless lazy tackles put in that resulted in cheap frees, not exactly a forte of the great Tyrone teams who were exemplary in their tackling.

Going forward who is best placed for the job? I have no doubt that McGuinness would improve this team, would he cost much more than Harte is on at the minute? I'd say doubtful. I would go for him, his attention to detail is second to none with fantastic game management. I think his style of play with Donegal was dictated by the players at his disposal, I wouldn't be surprised if his style changed if he takes over this bunch of Tyrone players.

As some have alluded too, the County board may be reluctant to go outside the county. If that's the case, front runners would be Logan, Canavan, Dooher I believe. Although inexperienced at this level, I still think that this would be an improvement, mainly due to the fact that they would bring a lot of much needed freshness. Interesting times ahead, can we rely on the Count board to make the correct decision? We will soon find out.

To be fair Michael Murphy was mouthing off at the referee all day yesterday, the difference was McQuillan was doing everything Murphy told him. I can understand the frustration of the Tyrone players.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 02, 2020, 10:31:00 AM

3. McNamee

Jim McGuinness wouldn't take Tyrone - regardless, I don't think he would be asked.

Would be hard to see Logan/Canavan/Dooher combination getting the job as they haven't managed much in the past few years. Other options within the county with experience:
Malachy O'Rourke and Ryan Porter
Paddy Tally
Collie Holmes

I'm sure there are bound to be more.

southtyronegael

What would be the point in giving harte one or even two more years? Nothing will change and we will have wasted yet more time and more talent. It's a fuckin disgrace that we are letting mickey decide for himself when he should go. I wonder how MC curry feels this morning? Worked hard on his game, found a nice but of form, then gets taken off after looking a big threat. And 'petey' playing pure shite and stays on.

LeoMc

Quote from: RedHand88 on November 02, 2020, 10:27:49 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 02, 2020, 10:25:47 AM

Haha. Took 2 seconds to find a Facebook too.
And a deleted Twitter account after Ewan McKenna schooled him.

Angelo

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
What would be the point in giving harte one or even two more years? Nothing will change and we will have wasted yet more time and more talent. It's a fuckin disgrace that we are letting mickey decide for himself when he should go. I wonder how MC curry feels this morning? Worked hard on his game, found a nice but of form, then gets taken off after looking a big threat. And 'petey' playing pure shite and stays on.

Who would you give the job to?