Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ApresMatch

Liam Hardy left Darragh Cross year ago...
Donnie Brennan at Saul?
Dougherty manager of the Duff?
To name a few...

Lecale Gael

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 08, 2018, 07:43:35 PM
Conor Deegan confirmed as Mayobridge manager

;D

Sure your bound to know he was ratified as the Down U20's several weeks back and likewise McCartan as minor so they not be in the annual managers merrygoround. Not allowed to double job anymore...
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

banker

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 09, 2018, 06:42:22 PM
Burren Paddy O Rourke
CPN Niall McAleenan
Mayobridge Mickey Walsh
Kilcoo Frank Dawson
Clonduff Keith Farrell
Bryansford Francie McKibben
Rostrevor Peter McGrath
Downpatrick John Fegan
Loughinisland Tony McEntee
Castlewellan Mark Dornan
Ballyholland Jackie lynch

Division 2
Saval Danny Hughes
Longstone Shorty Trainor
Kingdom Martin Clarke
St Johns John Mackey
Tullylish Mickey Mcveigh
Saul Donnie Brennan
Liatrom Gary Farrell
Bredagh Jody Gormley
Carryduff Paddy Dougherty
Darragh Cross Liam Hardy

Have I missed any

Tom McMahon is Darragh Cross manager
Eamon Morgan Tullylish manager
Marty Clarke not at St John's?

downjim

Rumours in the Point last night that the Bridge were trying to poach managers

Leftmidfield

Carryduff combo team beat Burren today in U21 semi final. Just about deserved it

Smurfy123

Is this the 3-4 teams combined and no call for it? Hardly fair

RedBlackPurpleGold

It's 2 players not from Carryduff,  sure we are missing 3 of last year's team due to injury(all Carryduff players!)
We are not the only team with outside players in the U21 competition.

Smurfy123

Carryduff have dominated underage at this level throughout underage why do they need to bring in other players? How does this benefit your club in the long term? I can see into it the teams that go join as they are weak but for Carryduff to do it and are allowed to do it is a joke. The system is all wrong. If Carryduff win it's not beneficial for them as a club.

Maiden1

Quote from: RedBlackPurpleGold on November 11, 2018, 05:51:12 PM
It's 2 players not from Carryduff,  sure we are missing 3 of last year's team due to injury(all Carryduff players!)
We are not the only team with outside players in the U21 competition.
It's great for those 2 players to get to play Burren etc as well. The amalgamated teams in general might even help Conor Deegan see a few players that he otherwise wouldn't see.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 11, 2018, 05:59:00 PM
Carryduff have dominated underage at this level throughout underage why do they need to bring in other players? How does this benefit your club in the long term? I can see into it the teams that go join as they are weak but for Carryduff to do it and are allowed to do it is a joke. The system is all wrong. If Carryduff win it's not beneficial for them as a club.

Yis are looking at this inside out.

Saul would, I'm guessing, struggled to make an u21 team this year, let alone a competitive one.

So would you rather them lads don't play u21 club football?

Smurfy123

I'd rather they joined up with a team who have not dominated this group in the way up through underage. Yes the lads are doing nothing wrong but join in with Downpatrick or Darragh Cross.

thewobbler

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 11, 2018, 06:10:08 PM
I'd rather they joined up with a team who have not dominated this group in the way up through underage. Yes the lads are doing nothing wrong but join in with Downpatrick or Darragh Cross.

I'd like to think that any right minded Saul man would sooner easy his spleen than join forces with RGU.

Re Darragh. Here's the problem with u21 championship. It's a high standard, it's expansive to enter. Entering a team for the sake of it is a waste of everyone's time.

Lecale Gael

so its a Carryduff v Bryansford final

the Ford looking very strong and look certs to win this
2016 Prediction Competition 3rd place :)

RedBlackPurpleGold

Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 11, 2018, 05:59:00 PM

carryduff didn't  dominate  at this level,  they were no where near the top teams. Shamrocks won 14 & 16 and Rostrevor the minor.  This year's team is an U 20 side except  for 1 player,  similar  to Burren who have only  a few not available  next year

ApresMatch

Quote from: thewobbler on November 11, 2018, 06:14:10 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on November 11, 2018, 06:10:08 PM

I'd like to think that any right minded Saul man would sooner easy his spleen than join forces with RGU.

Re Darragh. Here's the problem with u21 championship. It's a high standard, it's expansive to enter. Entering a team for the sake of it is a waste of everyone's time.
Was worthwhile venture for Darragh! Got 4 weeks training, a challenge game and two hard games. Will bring few more through to our senior panel which is what we need. Minors got introduced to a higher standard of physical football. We've consistently entered U21s over last few years to compete and it's had positive impact on senior team and the battle with dropout!
U21s is an excellent bridge from minor to senior!