Hunky Dorys' turns to Gaelic football adverts

Started by Man Marker, September 05, 2011, 01:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Man Marker

Hunky Dorys' turns to Gaelic football adverts

12-months ago it was rugby, but now it is the turn of Gaelic Football to be the focus of a Hunky Dorys' advertising campaign.

Scantily clad ladies were used in a series of rugby themed advertisements last year which created a storm of publicity, with opponents of the ads claiming they were sexist.

Ahead of the All-Ireland football final in two weeks time Largo Foods has released a series of Gaelic football themed adverts, with Sunday's papers carrying them yesterday for the first time.

The www.hunkeydorys.ie website also covers the campaign in full detail, asking visitors to choose either the Emereld or Gold team.

"These Golden Girls sure know how to kick, hop & solo," says the company website. "This team prides itself on slick hand-passes and tasty moves - on, and off, the ball. With crisp tactics, well developed backs and a dominating defence they make their opposition crumble. So when the final whistle blows, everyone will be cheering for Gold."

Already members of the public have been in contact with the Advertising Standards Authority to express their unhappiness with the campaign.

Some of that will do very nicely, which ball do you tackle  ;)

men in black

I'm putting myself forward as the Physio seeing no one else wants to do it. ;D

Denn Forever

I wonder were they hoping for a Donegal/Kerry final.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

sheamy

camogs take note...this is the way forward. Forget that integration nonsense.

armaghniac

QuoteI wonder were they hoping for a Donegal/Kerry final.

Donegal has loads of knockers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Man Marker on September 05, 2011, 01:36:44 PM
Already members of the public have been in contact with the Advertising Standards Authority to express their unhappiness with the campaign.

Isn't the ASA a UK industry organisation? This must mean that complaints have been made in the north. I suspect that the complainers were more offended by the images of Gaelic football being played than the hotness of the players.

Frank Casey

KERRY 3:7

Orior

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 05, 2011, 06:40:09 PM

Isn't the ASA a UK industry organisation? This must mean that complaints have been made in the north. I suspect that the complainers were more offended by the images of Gaelic football being played than the hotness of the players.

You are right. The Belfast Telegraph had a two-page spread today - very nice indeed.

Normally, this paper keeps gaelc to an absolute minimum. Their gaelic correspondant John Campbell tries but reports are often full of mistakes. The Belfast Telegraph pecking order for sport is
- sassenach soccer
- rugger
- 5 county soccer (none from Fermanagh)
- scotch soccer
- motor racing
- cricket
- hockey
- bowls
- gaelic football
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2011, 08:19:43 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 05, 2011, 06:40:09 PM

You are right. The Belfast Telegraph had a two-page spread today - very nice indeed.

Normally, this paper keeps gaelc to an absolute minimum. Their gaelic correspondant John Campbell tries but reports are often full of mistakes. The Belfast Telegraph pecking order for sport is
- sassenach soccer
- rugger
- 5 county soccer (none from Fermanagh)

- scotch soccer
- motor racing
- cricket
- hockey
- bowls
- gaelic football

Has Ballinamallard Utd folded?

Jinxy

comethekingdom

Quote from: Jinxy on September 05, 2011, 10:14:14 PM

Good girl yourself Orla.

This style of football kit should be compulsorary in the Ladies football championship.

Jinxy

demusicman

Quote from: Jinxy on September 05, 2011, 10:58:18 PM
Orla has the look of a Meath woman I think.
Ay good looking and always up for it.
Obviously better than the Ulster Ladies.
Seeing as Banty wants to stay in Meath.
Everything is Hunky Dory with us.
Shor isnt the ex crisp man Graham Gs hat in the ring for another year.??

Throw ball