Thread for Tony Fearon to to pontificate about Catholicism

Started by heganboy, September 12, 2017, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heganboy

And how it should set your world view.

Thread should not contain facts.

Thread should not contain logic.

Alternatives will not be tolerated.

Hell, or at the very best Purgatory awaits.

The old white man with the beard in the sky is watching you...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

LCohen

I disagree. In advance

I believe several of the future responses (see below) are ad hominem and some sail close to infringing Godwin's Law

T Fearon

I thought this thread was reserved exclusively for my pontification?

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

seafoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EBw_da7BZk

You need to have at least 1500 novena stamps to get past the bouncers at the doorway to Heaven these days
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Two questions for Tony:

i) Given that Catholics believe that communion hosts are the actual body of Christ, does taking communion make you a cannibal?

ii) Given that Catholics believe altar wine is the actual blood of Christ, does drinking altar wine mean priests are vampires? Or are they just drinking on the job?

Eamonnca1

iii) Did Gawd get Mary's consent for impregnation? Or did he just go ahead and rape her?

iv) If Gawd wasn't capable of having a human child without human intervention, it doesn't exactly make him omnipotent, does it? Why not just send him down on a flaming chariot from the sky and make a proper entrance? Put your back into it, man!

v) If Gawd used a human female to have his child, does that make Jesus the first surrogate child?

seafoid

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 12, 2017, 04:22:47 PM
iii) Did Gawd get Mary's consent for impregnation? Or did he just go ahead and rape her?

iv) If Gawd wasn't capable of having a human child without human intervention, it doesn't exactly make him omnipotent, does it? Why not just send him down on a flaming chariot from the sky and make a proper entrance? Put your back into it, man!

v) If Gawd used a human female to have his child, does that make Jesus the first surrogate child?
You would wonder what the neighbours thought about the story.  Divine impregnation? Really?  Especially the women.
Patriarchies really hate women.

T Fearon

Simple.If you believe in God,divine impregnation is perfectly reasonable.If your beliefs do not extend beyond the narrow confines of humanism,then your plausibility levels are limited,sadly

Eamonnca1

Reality is not "narrow confines." But all that aside, my question was not about whether or not Gawd actually god Mary knocked up. I was asking about whether or not she consented. Is Gawd a rapist? Was Jesus a surrogate child?

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2017, 05:01:13 PM
Simple.If you believe in God,divine impregnation is perfectly reasonable.If your beliefs do not extend beyond the narrow confines of humanism,then your plausibility levels are limited,sadly
Why would God impregnate a woman?
If God is the father son and holy show why does a woman have to be involved ?

Christianity can never accept sex and sexuality. The Virgin birth is the reason. Afraid of the power of the the shrine  , the virginator , the baby zipper  , man's ruin, the mystical fold, the jaws of life

Christianity say groupthink can overrude  tits. It can't. 

T Fearon

Jesus had to be born of a woman to connect with humanity.But his birth had to be pure.

playwiththewind1st

Well a stable doesn't guarantee cleanliness or purity.

illdecide

Every religion in the world believe theirs is the one, they can't all be. Someone or everyone is telling porkies...like virgins giving birth?, walking on water?, turning water to wine and or whatever the feck it was, parting the Red Sea etc etc. If you actually thought about all this  seriously you'd be safer in the pub than the chapel
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

That's why it's called faith.Not logical,a mystery,cannot be proved or disproved.