The Open 2017

Started by Boycey, July 17, 2017, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Rory did very well today but too many bogies. Prob more birdies than Speith but not enough

We remarked about Rory's following this weekend - there was a definite hysteria. He has so much pressure from the crowd. Never realised it was this mad. The Brits definitely love him as their own.

Minder

Quote from: Orior on July 23, 2017, 09:46:14 PM
Quote from: laoislad on July 23, 2017, 06:50:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on July 23, 2017, 06:39:32 PM
Amazing how Spieth came back from what looked like disaster on the 13th
Like I said he is a machine.
Orior will be sickened  ;D

You betcha. Sick as a parrot.

If I was an official, I was deduct Spieth 2 shots for slow play, but the fecker would still win.

Why do you not like Spieth Orior ? Always seems a decent enough sort.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

laoislad

Quote from: Minder on July 23, 2017, 10:34:41 PM

If I was an official, I was deduct Spieth 2 shots for slow play, but the fecker would still win.

Because he is better than Mcilroy  ;)

Speith does indeed seem a decent bloke. He does a good bit of work for the special Olympics and has said many times in interviews his sister who has special needs is his inspiration.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

I backed Kucher and for once cashed out at nearly the right time. I had him backed and 60s and cashed out at about 40s. Brilliant viewing. Speiths mental strength to come back from the crazy stuff was amazing.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Orior

Quote from: Minder on July 23, 2017, 10:34:41 PM

To be honest, I don't really know.

Maybe LL is right, and it is just that he might take Rory's crown. Plus the slow play.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gabriel_Hurl

Thanks Jordan - a nice $260 return

Minder

Be interesting to see how many majors he ends up with, I don't see anyone dominating and you would assume he has the next decade at his peak. Mind you a golfers peak can come and go very quickly
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 23, 2017, 11:02:19 PM
I backed Kucher and for once cashed out at nearly the right time. I had him backed and 60s and cashed out at about 40s. Brilliant viewing. Speiths mental strength to come back from the crazy stuff was amazing.

how is this cashing out at the right time?  ::) when he was odds on was the time to cash out  8)

Boycey

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on July 23, 2017, 11:37:37 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on July 23, 2017, 11:02:19 PM

how is this cashing out at the right time?  ::) when he was odds on was the time to cash out  8)

I'm guessing he got the equivalent of backing him at 40s back which would mean Kuchar was odds on at that stage? About a 1/2 shot I'd say..

Milltown Row2

Speith would be short enough odds next month! The Irish lads (bar Rory) had a nightmare
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2017, 12:02:19 AM
Speith would be short enough odds next month! The Irish lads (bar Rory) had a nightmare

Looked on betfair this evening he's 15/2, Mcilroy 9/1, DJ 10/1

AZOffaly

Lads, why do people involve in golf insist on using the word 'golf' before the other nouns related to the game. I've never seen any other sport do it as much.

It's always a fantastic 'golf course'. The 17th is a spectacular 'golf hole'. And Rory hit a wonderful 'golf shot' as he mastered the 'golf ball'.

Would there be confusion if it was a fantastic course, a spectacular hole and a wonderful shot with the ball?

Esmarelda

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 24, 2017, 11:51:05 AM
Lads, why do people involve in golf insist on using the word 'golf' before the other nouns related to the game. I've never seen any other sport do it as much.

It's always a fantastic 'golf course'. The 17th is a spectacular 'golf hole'. And Rory hit a wonderful 'golf shot' as he mastered the 'golf ball'.

Would there be confusion if it was a fantastic course, a spectacular hole and a wonderful shot with the ball?
Roy Keane and others are always talking about "the football club" which I always found strange.

Never noticed it with golf.

AZOffaly

That's true. The 'Football Club' does seem to be a term widely used. But you rarely hear about the 'Football', the 'Football Pitch' or the 'Football Stadium'. And you never hear that was a fantastic Football Shot :)