Author Topic: Documentaries  (Read 14481 times)

magpie seanie

• View Profile
Re: Documentaries
« Reply #150 on: July 21, 2017, 09:18:50 AM »
Superb documentary tonight about Johnny Giles on @rte....he needs a few lessons on Amhrán na bhFiann though..😬

Absolutely outstanding programme. Great insight into our best ever footballer

Did it go into his relationship with Clough at all? I'm not particularly interested in Giles himself but am somewhat obsessed with Brian Clough and would be curious to know the story from Giles' point-of-view.

Superb Johnny Giles documentary.  He comes across as a decent fella, no airs or graces with him.  Definitely fair to call him Ireland's greatest ever player.

Never having seen him play I wouldn't be able to give him a fair assessment but was he seriously arguably better than George Best?

A true gael if ever there was one.

Ah anti-English xenophobia... how refreshing...  ::)

I don't remember George Best ever playing for Ireland..

Don't actually recall ever reading Giles played for a team called "Ireland". If my memory serves me, and I believe it does, he represented a team called "the Republic of Ireland". George Best played for "Northern Ireland"... Oh look, Ireland in both... Best was born in Belfast, Giles in Dublin, both Irish cities, both part of Ireland and hence both men were/are from the same country.

I'm not anti-English or xenophobic and quite admire Brian Clough actually. It's just I'm surprised that someone with your aversion to big balls and love of true gaels is so interested in soccer. Though maybe you were just talking shite to get a reaction.

I've no aversion to big balls when the idea is to get it past another team and into a small goal... I'm not entertained by a sport where you can win simply by hoofing a big round ball thirty feet into the air... The fact that you're still touchy about the subject only means you know there's truth in what I'm saying.

Did you enjoy Jack Charlton's era as Republic of Ireland manager?

Have you watched any gaelic football since the 1970's? People could say if they were being as childish as you that they're not entertained by a sport where you can win simply by lashing a little ball 90 yards down a pitch (people even give out loud cheers for it). Do you have a problem with points being scored in hurling? You seem very confused.......or a poor WUM.

Kilkevan

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2017, 09:22:49 AM »
Superb documentary tonight about Johnny Giles on @rte....he needs a few lessons on Amhrán na bhFiann though..😬

Absolutely outstanding programme. Great insight into our best ever footballer

Did it go into his relationship with Clough at all? I'm not particularly interested in Giles himself but am somewhat obsessed with Brian Clough and would be curious to know the story from Giles' point-of-view.

Superb Johnny Giles documentary.  He comes across as a decent fella, no airs or graces with him.  Definitely fair to call him Ireland's greatest ever player.

Never having seen him play I wouldn't be able to give him a fair assessment but was he seriously arguably better than George Best?

A true gael if ever there was one.

Ah anti-English xenophobia... how refreshing...  ::)

I don't remember George Best ever playing for Ireland..

Don't actually recall ever reading Giles played for a team called "Ireland". If my memory serves me, and I believe it does, he represented a team called "the Republic of Ireland". George Best played for "Northern Ireland"... Oh look, Ireland in both... Best was born in Belfast, Giles in Dublin, both Irish cities, both part of Ireland and hence both men were/are from the same country.

I'm not anti-English or xenophobic and quite admire Brian Clough actually. It's just I'm surprised that someone with your aversion to big balls and love of true gaels is so interested in soccer. Though maybe you were just talking shite to get a reaction.

I've no aversion to big balls when the idea is to get it past another team and into a small goal... I'm not entertained by a sport where you can win simply by hoofing a big round ball thirty feet into the air... The fact that you're still touchy about the subject only means you know there's truth in what I'm saying.

Did you enjoy Jack Charlton's era as Republic of Ireland manager?

Have you watched any gaelic football since the 1970's? People could say if they were being as childish as you that they're not entertained by a sport where you can win simply by lashing a little ball 90 yards down a pitch (people even give out loud cheers for it). Do you have a problem with points being scored in hurling? You seem very confused.......or a poor WUM.

The fact that you're ssstttiiillllll going on about it suggests either I touched a nerve, and you don't like the truth behind what I said, or I've wummed you good and proper... Your choice...

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »
I'm sitting here laughing at the idea that I'm the troll in this equation.

Somebody posted the reasonable contention that George Best was Ireland's greatest player.
You responded that you didn't remember George Best ever playing for Ireland, which of course did not relate to his talent but was a play on words to try and claim that people from the 6 counties do not belong to Ireland.

Enjoy your laugh, if that is the kind of thing that amuses you.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »
Zoo. Monkeys. Don't talk to them. They're not listening, only chattering to get your attention. If you do react, all you'll probably get from the interaction is a fistful of shite thrown at you.
I studied deeply in the philosophies and religions, but cheerfulness kept breaking through - L.Cohen

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 21, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »
Yip. Was giving the benefit of the doubt there but obviously another empty vessel.

Kilkevan

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 21, 2017, 11:33:19 AM »
Yip. Was giving the benefit of the doubt there but obviously another empty vessel.

Ssssstttttiiiiillllllllll going on about it!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2017, 01:39:30 AM »
Season 2 of Last Chance U is out, focused on EMCC again. The first season was one of the best sports documentaries in a long time.

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2017, 04:48:48 AM »
It's good stuff in fairness. It gives a great insight to what it takes to even get a real sniff of the NFL too.
Like these lads haven't the cop (not fully their fault considering their lives) to go to class a bit and scrape a pass to get to the A division schools and then chat about big money in the pro game.

As an aside ESPN are doing a 30 for 30 on Ric Flair soon and it looks good in terms of him being a person. It's another mad world to get some insight into.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.