Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Don Johnson on April 20, 2018, 02:53:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2018, 07:47:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2018, 07:24:10 AM
We stayed in a lovely campsite with mobile homes etc in the Cote d'Azur near Frejus , about 1hr 15 from Nice. Really good facilities plus a kids club and the region is very interesting. We met a family from Cork who were also staying.

https://www.etoiledargens.com/en

Smashing spot Frejus, La Baume, and the other one towards town we stayed at.. I'd go back tomorrow

We did La Baume last summer and loved it. Thinking about going back this year or next now that the child is a bit bigger and she could enjoy it more, she wasn't walking yet when we went.

Though I think I am black listed with Europcar at the minute after denting the car a few times in September on another trip  :-X

Can't recommend Frejus enough, great spot. After 3 years of going there we're trying Biarritz this summer, staying at a camp site again. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Smokin Joe

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 20, 2018, 04:11:34 PM
Zoomarine is a bit like a smaller Sea World in that there's dolphin shows etc, along with the slides. For a pure 'water park', I found Slide and Splash very good. The young lad loved it, and there's a couple of rides which you sit in a tube so you don't cut fillets off your back going down the slides. There's also a very good kids pool for smallies.

http://www.slidesplash.com/en/

I'll be going back there with the family this July myself.

PS Don't pay full prices whatever you do. Almost all the kiosk etc in the main towns sell concessions.

We're going back again in early July ourselves.  Where are you off to AZ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 20, 2018, 04:46:58 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on April 20, 2018, 02:53:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2018, 07:47:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 20, 2018, 07:24:10 AM
We stayed in a lovely campsite with mobile homes etc in the Cote d'Azur near Frejus , about 1hr 15 from Nice. Really good facilities plus a kids club and the region is very interesting. We met a family from Cork who were also staying.

https://www.etoiledargens.com/en

Smashing spot Frejus, La Baume, and the other one towards town we stayed at.. I'd go back tomorrow

We did La Baume last summer and loved it. Thinking about going back this year or next now that the child is a bit bigger and she could enjoy it more, she wasn't walking yet when we went.

Though I think I am black listed with Europcar at the minute after denting the car a few times in September on another trip  :-X

Can't recommend Frejus enough, great spot. After 3 years of going there we're trying Biarritz this summer, staying at a camp site again.

Stayed in one there also.. you've got to be lucky though as it's got its own weather system which can give plenty rain!! Great spot though Barritz is lovely! 2 hour drive to Lourdes also if you want a laugh!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AZOffaly

Quote from: Smokin Joe on April 20, 2018, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 20, 2018, 04:11:34 PM
Zoomarine is a bit like a smaller Sea World in that there's dolphin shows etc, along with the slides. For a pure 'water park', I found Slide and Splash very good. The young lad loved it, and there's a couple of rides which you sit in a tube so you don't cut fillets off your back going down the slides. There's also a very good kids pool for smallies.

http://www.slidesplash.com/en/

I'll be going back there with the family this July myself.

PS Don't pay full prices whatever you do. Almost all the kiosk etc in the main towns sell concessions.

We're going back again in early July ourselves.  Where are you off to AZ?

Haven't decided yet. Booked the flights on Aer Lingus last week but haven't finalised a hotel yet. Probably somewhere in Alvor, Lagos or Portimao. Where are ye heading?

Smokin Joe

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 20, 2018, 06:08:25 PM

Haven't decided yet. Booked the flights on Aer Lingus last week but haven't finalised a hotel yet. Probably somewhere in Alvor, Lagos or Portimao. Where are ye heading?

Albufeira. Heading back to same spot as last year.  Kids (11, 9 and 5 last year) loved the resort we stayed in.

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Rois on April 20, 2018, 10:41:09 AM
We're flying to Milan Bergamo in June and hiring a car - first couple of nights up in the Brento Dolomites (Madonna di Campiglio) and the last four down in Sirmione right by the lake, but looking to spend a night in between in another reasonable sized village or town on the way down.
A colleague has mentioned Salo, which looks good, and I've already discounted Riva and Malcesine - any other recommendations?

Last year we drove down the side of Lac d'Annecy and I remember thinking going through one or two towns that "aw if I knew these hotels were here, I'd have stayed here".  So hoping for some hidden gems that I don't find on google.

Stresa on Lake Maggiore - take boat trip to the three islands that make up the Borromean Islands and spend a while on each island (especially Isola Bella "Beautiful Island").

http://www.stresa.com/  click on link for Borromean Islands on the page.

Rois

Ah we only have one day and has to be on the way from Madonna di Campiglio to Sirmione. I've been to Lake Maggiore on a day trip only, and if we like Garda, then it'll be next. Direct flights from Belfast now so no excuse.

seafoid

When we went to lake Garda we were stopped and asked if we had drink taken.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Flying to Bergen, Norway before taking the train to Oslo for a few days and finally on by train to Stockholm before flying back to Dublin.

Anyone been in Bergen, Oslo or Stockholm.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on April 20, 2018, 08:55:08 PM
Ah we only have one day and has to be on the way from Madonna di Campiglio to Sirmione. I've been to Lake Maggiore on a day trip only, and if we like Garda, then it'll be next. Direct flights from Belfast now so no excuse.
Desenzano if you want a day of hitting the shops and drinking/people watching in the evening. It's full of VERY fashionable Italians in leather trousers etc. And that's just the men.

manfromdelmonte

you can bring almost whatever you need in the car though with a roof box

we went to the west coast of France twice when I was younger
still remember the adventure!

Rois

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on April 20, 2018, 09:35:47 PM
Flying to Bergen, Norway before taking the train to Oslo for a few days and finally on by train to Stockholm before dying back to Dublin.

Jeez sounds like my ski trips in my 20s. Are you planning on hitting the drink hard? Probably cheaper places you could do it.  ;D

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Rois on April 20, 2018, 10:08:48 PM
Flying to Bergen, Norway before taking the train to Oslo for a few days and finally on by train to Stockholm before dying back to Dublin.

Jeez sounds like my ski trips in my 20s. Are you planning on hitting the drink hard? Probably cheaper places you could do it.  ;D

;D

Far from my 20s, so just a sedate cross Scandinavia rail trip with city breaks and a visit to see the fiords.

playwiththewind1st

Flying to Bergen, Norway before taking the train to Oslo for a few days and finally on by train to Stockholm before flying back to Dublin.

Been to Sweden couple of times. Stockholm lovely place.

Harold Disgracey

Stockholm is a lovely city, if you get a chance go to the Vasa ship museum, have a dander round Gamla Stan and take a boat trip around some of the islands.