Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: pintsofguinness on December 29, 2008, 12:05:44 AM
Nah ziggy, great idea for a film but ruined by too much sillyness.

What happens in vegas is better than just married - it's not a masterpiece but it's worth watching to pass a hour. 
I like Kutcher.  Gets a lot of unfair criticism imo. 

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 28, 2008, 11:51:40 PM
By the way Pints are you just wathing film after film to fill your time off?? Is that eight in the last two days??!
Aye, downloaded a few before I came home and just going through them - have righteous kill and dark knight to go.  (I also watched Mr Bean's holiday)
then i've to rewatch wild hogs, superbad and knocked up.
I've also got to watch seasons 2 and 3 of arrested development, seasons 3&4 of everybody loves raymond, the last two seasons of malcolm in the middle, a couple of the final episodes of that 70s show and shameless season 5. 

I like my films and tv shows.

Arrested Development is very good bt I have never seen it through properly, thinking about getting the dvds.

If you have never seen it, I would recommend downloading some Curb Your Enthusiam, from series one and give it time to get to know the characters, one of my favourite shows.

ziggysego

Watched Elf a couple of times on FilmFour. Hilarious Christmas film!
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

If you have never seen it, I would recommend downloading some Curb Your Enthusiam, from series one and give it time to get to know the characters, one of my favourite shows.
ah I have it, one of my favourite shows too, have the frist 5 series on dvd and series 6 was my first download when I got the broadband in.  Great, great show. 
Smiling just thinking about it.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

QuoteWatched Elf a couple of times on FilmFour. Hilarious Christmas film!

Yes it's common place in our house too at Christmas.. Innocent, funny film.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Hardy

Things to do in the week after Christmas instead of lounging in the house watching DVDs:

1. Lamping rabbits

Fire away ...

Niall Quinn

2. pen some OWC-inspired vitriol and blanket enter a selection of uninteresting competitions.
3. early Christmas shopping.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

Gabriel_Hurl

looking forward to seeing The Wrestler

Puckoon

Watched Fargo last night - quite enjoyable, if a bit dark.

pintsofguinness

Watched dark knight at 3 this morning, great film and I'm not normally in to the super hero thing but I enjoyed it.
Heath Ledger was excellent, such a sad waste.

heganboy

watched the day the earth stood still 6.5 out of 10 and 7 pounds 6 out of 10
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

nrico2006

Quotejust back from watching that Australia- unreal show!!!!!

Saw it on Saturday night, great film.  The wee fella (Nullah) stole the show.  Going to see Twiilight now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 29, 2008, 08:16:26 PM
Quotejust back from watching that Australia- unreal show!!!!!

Saw it on Saturday night, great film.  The wee fella (Nullah) stole the show.  Going to see Twiilight now.
Get a life nrico.

pintsofguinness

Tony Baloney

You'd think he'd take his fella out somewhere other than the cinema every other night!

pintsofguinness

Nonsense, when I lived a 10 minute walk from the cinema I use to go at least twice a week (sometimes 3 or 4, depending on what was showing).  Early evening was the best time when there wasn't many there and you hadnt to put up with too many people.  It's very relaxing.