Laois Football Divisional Competition 2019/2020

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 13, 2019, 01:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

The PRO

Thought they were going to come up with "identifiable" team names.
North, South, West and East didn't exactly tax the minds much!
I hope lads buy into it. The West team last year kinda fell asunder as it went on and struggled for lads. It may help our new manager a bit but I'm not sure it's the silver bullet.

Neutralobserver

Did we actually find any extra players from it last year as i cant remember any new names playing this year that was not already in the squad or the u-20 squad.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Neutralobserver on September 13, 2019, 08:15:28 AM
Did we actually find any extra players from it last year as i cant remember any new names playing this year that was not already in the squad or the u-20 squad.

Marty Scully, Paddy O'Sullivan, think there's a few more.

SCFC

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on September 13, 2019, 08:29:10 AM

Marty Scully, Paddy O'Sullivan, think there's a few more.
Scully was surely called up on the basis of his displays for his club last year (which were brilliant) not in the divisional league. Same with Adam Campion.

Don Draper

Ah you're dead right, get rid of the f**king thing.

Neutralobserver

also you have 5 or 6 lads over each team from different clubs and they all fighting to get their own players on the field even though deep down they know they not good enough for county standard. on the other hand it did raise a few pound for charity so it cant be put down to much but for spotting talent i don't think its the way to go. look at the progress of the senior hurlers this year and there was no divisional tournament ran!!!

Don Draper

Quote from: Neutralobserver on September 13, 2019, 11:50:24 AM
also you have 5 or 6 lads over each team from different clubs and they all fighting to get their own players on the field even though deep down they know they not good enough for county standard. on the other hand it did raise a few pound for charity so it cant be put down to much but for spotting talent i don't think its the way to go. look at the progress of the senior hurlers this year and there was no divisional tournament ran!!!
There's 8 Senior Hurling Clubs in Laois. Anyone putting their hand up elsewhere is easily spotted. You're talking through your hoop.

Neutralobserver

There's 8 Senior Hurling Clubs in Laois. Anyone putting their hand up elsewhere is easily spotted. You're talking through your hoop.
[/quote]

exactly, and maybe thats the way the senior football championship should be,

Don Draper

Quote from: Neutralobserver on September 13, 2019, 12:20:33 PM

Which has nothing to do with your point.

Blow-in

Only issue I see with it is the amount of people on the management panels. Otherwise it's fine.

Don Draper

Quote from: Batman!!! on September 13, 2019, 12:24:04 PM
Only issue I see with it is the amount of people on the management panels. Otherwise it's fine.
Whats the issue?

Neutralobserver

Quote from: Don Draper on September 13, 2019, 12:23:04 PM

my point is look at the senior football championship instead of running a tournament at the end of the year. 

Don Draper

Quote from: Neutralobserver on September 13, 2019, 12:28:18 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on September 13, 2019, 12:23:04 PM

my point is look at the senior football championship instead of running a tournament at the end of the year.
They did. The clubs refused and acted with all sorts of fuckology. We need the clubs to realise they're at f**k all on their own and start coming together, like Borris Kilcotton did, like Rathdowney Errill did, etc etc.

They wont. So we have this. Give it a chance, its harming no one.

Neutralobserver

good point, clubs are the back bone and co board can only do so much