Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: No wides on January 15, 2017, 03:08:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2017, 02:05:12 PM
Any UK residents going on holidays in the Eurozone should get their €€ asap - if they haven't already. May is going for Hard Brexit to be officially announced on Tuesday  - eventhough every paper seems to be carrying the story today .

What would we do without your finger on the pulse!

Australian markets must have opened,  £ down a cent already.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on January 15, 2017, 08:56:21 PM
Quote from: No wides on January 15, 2017, 03:08:14 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on January 15, 2017, 02:05:12 PM
Any UK residents going on holidays in the Eurozone should get their €€ asap - if they haven't already. May is going for Hard Brexit to be officially announced on Tuesday  - eventhough every paper seems to be carrying the story today .

What would we do without your finger on the pulse!

Australian markets must have opened,  £ down a cent already.
There is a symmetry to it. The £ is going back to where it was in 1979 when Thatcher was elected. RBS is a vegetable and the  oil money is almost finished. When NI was jerrÿmandered it had huge industries serving an Empire. Now the industries , the Empire and the economic coherence of the UK are gone.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hereiam

Sure its ok Trumps America will keep the brits floatin. That what war buddies are for

manfromdelmonte

Rule Britannia...

trileacman

Why is May pushing for a hard brexit? I see nothing advantageous in it for her party or herself. Any ideas?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

Quote from: trileacman on January 15, 2017, 11:43:22 PM
Why is May pushing for a hard brexit? I see nothing advantageous in it for her party or herself. Any ideas?

Anti immigration and while the Tory party generally have a lot of links with business and will be getting it in the ear about this, there is a loud faction within the Tories that want to return to the 1950s.

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on January 15, 2017, 11:51:34 PM
Quote from: trileacman on January 15, 2017, 11:43:22 PM

Anti immigration and while the Tory party generally have a lot of links with business and will be getting it in the ear about this, there is a loud faction within the Tories that want to return to the 1950s.
I think they are afraid of the voters. And they don't really know what to do.

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on January 16, 2017, 08:13:11 AM
I think they are afraid of the voters.

They would be afraid of the voters, except that Labour has imploded. If they had an election then voters would still vote Tory as they would have no confidence in Labour's ability to manage the present situation.

QuoteAnd they don't really know what to do.

That is the only thing that is clear in the whole mess.

seafoid

The Tories have no economic ideas.  Growth was driven by immigration but the voters rejected it. Brexit will damage the economy but they support it. The thing to do is tax the rich but they won't. 

screenexile

So the unelected Prime Minister is going to announce an initiative nobody voted for.

It's a shambles lads. At no stage throughout the Referendum campaign was leaving the single market an option and now we're going full steam ahead  with it? Turning our back on 500 million consumers??!!!

Great!!

seafoid

The Tory manifesto of 2015 was very clear about staying in the single market.
"We say: yes to the Single Market."

sid waddell

Britain's plan has been officially unveiled:

Minder

I don't get the "unelected PM" that we have been hearing, as if she has no right to act on this. Cameron left, there was a vote to elect a new leader of Tories, and thereby a new PM. Thems the rules.

What was the alternative, no PM until the next general election ?!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

screenexile

Quote from: Minder on January 17, 2017, 12:57:13 PM
I don't get the "unelected PM" that we have been hearing, as if she has no right to act on this. Cameron left, there was a vote to elect a new leader of Tories, and thereby a new PM. Thems the rules.

What was the alternative, no PM until the next general election ?!

A new general election!