The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Well that was fun.  Two teams going hell for leather.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

lurganblue

They draw villa in the next round then.  Talk in work here that Liverpool wont field for this game due to the world club championship? Surely they'll even send an under 23 team or something?

AZOffaly

Quote from: lurganblue on October 31, 2019, 11:32:22 AM
They draw villa in the next round then.  Talk in work here that Liverpool wont field for this game due to the world club championship? Surely they'll even send an under 23 team or something?

Klopp referred to this in his interview after last night's game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 31, 2019, 11:52:18 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on October 31, 2019, 11:32:22 AM

Klopp referred to this in his interview after last night's game.

"If they don't find a proper date for us then we cannot play the next round and whoever is our opponent will go through - or Arsenal will play it," said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp after Wednesday's game.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lurganblue

Now talk that they might play this game in January.  When the semi finals are scheduled. Bit of a shambles.

TabClear

That game was one of the most enjoyable I have seen in a long time. I wanted Liverpool to win but when you dont really care it makes it much easier to watch. The fact Liverpool were behind pretty much all the time helped as well. Did nt have the last five nervousness we have had in all the league games lately.

The kids did well in general but were punished for mistakes which they have to learn. You might get away with errors in the U18/U23s (Yes I'm talking about you Milner  ;)) but at the top level you generally get punished.

The lack of a backup holding midfielder was worrying. Fabinho is fast becoming Liverpools most important player alongside VVD in terms of being close to irreplaceable if there is a longterm injury. We would miss any of the front three etc obviously but the other two are there to compensate. If VVD/Fabinho got injured I do not think we would adapt as easily.

Ambrose

Quote from: TabClear on October 31, 2019, 04:24:17 PM
The lack of a backup holding midfielder was worrying. Fabinho is fast becoming Liverpools most important player alongside VVD in terms of being close to irreplaceable if there is a longterm injury. We would miss any of the front three etc obviously but the other two are there to compensate. If VVD/Fabinho got injured I do not think we would adapt as easily.

I think Matip is hugely underrated and is a massive loss to the team at the minute. He's as important as VVD and Fabinho in my opinion. Gomez hasn't stepped up to the mark as expected, which leaves us with Lovren as our other center back. He's a ticking time bomb.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

dec

Liverpool's fixture pile-up (Premier League unless stated)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50259669

4 December   Everton (h)   
7 December   Bournemouth (a)   
10 December   Red Bull Salzburg (a)   Champions League
14 December   Watford (h)   
16 December   Week of EFL Cup quarter-finals   
18 December   TBC (Qatar)   Club World Cup
21 December   TBC (Qatar)   Club World Cup
26 December   Leicester City (a)   
29 December   Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)   
2 January   Sheffield United (h)   
4 & 5 January   FA Cup third round   
6 January   Week of EFL Cup semi-final first legs   
11 January   Tottenham Hotspur (a)   
19 January   Manchester United (h)   
23 January   Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)   
27 January   Week of EFL Cup semi-final second legs   
1 February   Southampton (h)

Boycey

TabClear

Quote from: Boycey on November 01, 2019, 01:42:32 PM
It's a good problem to have

It is in one sense in that it means you are doing well but i for one would rather exit the World Club/EFL cup or play the kids if it means that the first teamers get a decent break. League is Number 1 priority by a mile as far as I am concerned. If we could come to some gentleman's agreement with City on loaning them Old Big Ears in return I'd be  quite happy with that!  ;)

markl121

Quote from: TabClear on November 01, 2019, 01:59:54 PM

It is in one sense in that it means you are doing well but i for one would rather exit the World Club/EFL cup or play the kids if it means that the first teamers get a decent break. League is Number 1 priority by a mile as far as I am concerned. If we could come to some gentleman's agreement with City on loaning them Old Big Ears in return I'd be  quite happy with that!  ;)

Not a chance would I want to see them winning that, no way

TabClear

Quote from: markl121 on November 01, 2019, 05:56:31 PM

City winning the CL or Liverpool winning the league?

markl121

Quote from: TabClear on November 01, 2019, 06:21:58 PM
Quote from: markl121 on November 01, 2019, 05:56:31 PM

City winning the CL or Liverpool winning the league?
City winning the CL.....

laoislad

VAR screwing Liverpool today so far. Bobby wasn't even close to being offside.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.