Gary O'Kane
6 (7.9%)
Danny McNaughton
7 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 71

blasmere

Should Brian Donnelly not be in there?

magpie seanie

A disgrace that Niall Patterson wasn't nominated.

blasmere

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 23, 2006, 02:30:59 PM
A disgrace that Niall Patterson wasn't nominated.

It does say greatest ever, not biggest ever!!!

Square Ball

God

all these names bring back so many happy memories, but if you are talking of Antrims greatest ever what about Kevin Armstrong? never seen the man play, but he his held in such high esteem in the Hurling community at large. Was talking to a load of elderly Tip hurlers after the match in 89 and they wouldnt shut up about him, so any discussion about Antrims greatest must include him, even for a passing moment.

Jonnycool, did you play againsh him? ;)
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

johnneycool

Quote from: Square Ball on November 23, 2006, 07:35:46 PM
God

all these names bring back so many happy memories, but if you are talking of Antrims greatest ever what about Kevin Armstrong? never seen the man play, but he his held in such high esteem in the Hurling community at large. Was talking to a load of elderly Tip hurlers after the match in 89 and they wouldnt shut up about him, so any discussion about Antrims greatest must include him, even for a passing moment.

Jonnycool, did you play againsh him? ;)

No, but me da did :)

Bacon

Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

johnneycool

Square Ball

JC,

did your da ever mention him as a great player? I am sure there were other players from bygone days that may be worthy of a mention here, any others spring to mind?

Bacon

Your not Bap Armstrong by any chance Square Ball? You've a great interest in Kevin.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

johnneycool

Quote from: Square Ball on November 24, 2006, 11:26:49 AM
JC,

did your da ever mention him as a great player? I am sure there were other players from bygone days that may be worthy of a mention here, any others spring to mind?

My da reckoned he was a good hurler but his profile as a footballer pushed him into the reckoning for the likes of teams who never won an All-Ireland which was picked in the centenary year.
He always raved about the bear Donnelly, Wille Richmond, Chris Elliott and Brendan McGarry players from that era.

Square Ball

Bacon

No i am not Bap, mind you i know him (sort of) from spending a lot of nights in the Rossa club many years ago, i knew Kevin as well, a complete gentleman

Guillem2

I have you sussed now Square boy! Are you PH?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Square Ball

So you think I am the ex vice principal of Corpus Christi?

i wonder how you managed to get PH from "from spending a lot of nights in the Rossa club many years ago" :P

Guillem2

Your also involved with Bredagh now, so is he.  How's retirement treating you?
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Square Ball

Very wide of the mark mate, do you know PH well? Oh and he isnt involved with Bredagh now