Previous topic - Next topic

the scenic route

Quote from: charlie stubbs on October 14, 2009, 06:26:48 PM
Quote from: the scenic route on October 14, 2009, 03:29:51 PM
Talking a look at boylesports odds for the county final there they have it

Ogs 4/9
Draw 15/2
Harps 11/5

Think these odds are a bit harsh on harps think ogs have more firepower but i think the local derby factor will play effect to make this game very close and go right down to the wire which makes me think the draw  may be the value bet or maybe Harps +2 at 5/4

do they do handicap betting scenic route?

Offering harps +2 Ogs -2

check website www.boylesports.com
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

ogshead

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 15, 2009, 11:58:02 AM
Quote from: ogshead on October 14, 2009, 09:44:03 PM
I never get bogged down over how teams get to finals but thinking about the Ogs played Carrickcruppin (finished 3rd in the league behind Ogs and Cross)
Ahoy! Clans finished 3rd actually!
On this point though it is hard enough to determain who had the harder route. Ogs obviously disposed of Cross which is in itself an historic victory in Armagh football, but apart from that Cruppen and Clann Eireann aren't exactly what you'd describe as top class sides. Harps had Nab, Clans x2 & Granemore (who I'd rate as Div1 standard) and probably have that extra bit of momentum which could go in their favour.

Sorry my mistake, they must have been third in the league at the time of the game then. Don't think I have looked at the table since start of September

nashville

Quote from: thewanderer on October 15, 2009, 08:48:36 AM
the american rule is that when a player transfers to a team in the states he is barred from returning to play for his own club for 60 days. when the 60 days are up he can return at any time and is eligble to play immediatly the transfer is signed back. ps i hope the transfer forms were signed by the harps. a point of note also the boys who returned and then flew back out to boston to play in the all american finals after togging out in the armagh championship 1st round had to be illegal for one club??? was it san fran or ???? rules breach? interesting!

The 3 Harps lads who were in San Fran were still there for the first round of championship, they missed the win over the nab, so when they flew back to Boston they were still legal to play for San Fran as they didn't feature in any league games whilst they were home. Any participation for home club in any game ends the American transfer.

So I fully expect to see Loughran on Sunday, off the bench with 20 to go.

zoyler

Just want to say that I passed through the city yesterday and its a credit to both teams and their supporters the way the town is dressed up. However was a bit surprised that outside the Ogs ground that they had their flags flying higher then the County one - very bad form!!
Good luck to them both but especially the Harps who our family have always loyaly supported.

fcuksake

Quote from: nashville on October 14, 2009, 06:16:49 PM
Quote from: BenDover on October 14, 2009, 09:17:26 AM
Quote from: nashville on October 13, 2009, 07:43:59 PM

Any Ogs men know what time Loughran's flight in from the states is? He would need some time to get over the jet lag!

Anyone know when the last time a Div. 2 team won the Senior Championship?

Even if Loughie did fly back he would be ineligable to play (plus I wouldn't start him as I don't think it's fair on the boys who've busted their ass all year :P) for the Ogs so I'm sure he'll be enjoying himself in San Fran waiting to hear the result.

Spirit word on the grapevine is a badly injured quad muscle any truth in this? If so its a bummer for him def deserves a crack at a county final.

Why would he be ineligible to play? Surely it's the exact same situation as Kelly, McCoy and McConville who were in San Fran? They came back to play in Quarter Final, just because he comes back later does not make him ineligible to play.

Have heard Ogs men referring to it as their "Johnny Corvan" moment.

no disrespect to Greg, great player, and an engine in him that never quits, but i dont think he is in the same league as Corvan. IMHO

heard a rumour STEW arrived in the country and was seen at Harps training togged out on Tue night ;)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

BenDover

Quote from: nashville on October 15, 2009, 09:51:22 PM
So I fully expect to see Loughran on Sunday, off the bench with 20 to go.

I'd love for you to be right nash, the sight of Loughie coming on to drive the team on would certainly make me feel good - I'll wait to see on Sunday but I'll not hold my breath on it

thewanderer

what a load of crap about greg loughran. on another note a real blow for one of the most honest and hard working ogs players declan mc auley who broke his ankle at training on weds nite. he has been the main impact sub for the ogs this year. best wishes decky hope to see you playing again soon. what nonsense about a flag flying higher than another someone is starting to sound like nelson mc causland. is wee joe goin to feature he seems to be struggling at training the other nite.

BerfArmagh

thewanderer

thewanderer

was stew at abbey park during the week.  did someone open the double gates, lookin forward to seein him? :D

ITS KAAAT

Quote from: thewanderer on October 16, 2009, 10:30:11 AM
what a load of crap about greg loughran. on another note a real blow for one of the most honest and hard working ogs players declan mc auley who broke his ankle at training on weds nite. he has been the main impact sub for the ogs this year. best wishes decky hope to see you playing again soon. what nonsense about a flag flying higher than another someone is starting to sound like nelson mc causland. is wee joe goin to feature he seems to be struggling at training the other nite.

we joe mite feature 1 half

Muhammed McCarthy

Whatever team that doesn't get upset by nerves will win this game. Ogs are the better team with no real weakness, Harps have a few outstanding players and are capable of causing an upset.
I'm going to go for a Nippy Swift inspired Harps to win by 1 point.......don't know if my heart could take it!!......nor my liver afterwards ;)

Hope it is a good game and that there is no controversey.

BerfArmagh

Oh there'll be controversy, you mark my words...... local derbies between the Harps & Ogs are never straightforward. There will be at least 1 dismissal, 1 penalty & 1 appaling referreeing decision to discuss come monday. Hope all of the above 3 are against the Ogs  ;)

Up the Harps... Can't wait ;D

ITS KAAAT

C'MON THE HARPS LETS DO IT. :D

thewanderer

Kaaat spelling my son. If joe isnt totally fit it could be a big risk. stop shouting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!