Off the Ball v Second Captains - So Who Won?

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 26, 2013, 10:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caprea

Unsubscribed to SC recently, they are still doing well but the show is not strong enough for me. Ken talks a lot of completely bollocks, Murph on GAA isnt a patch on OTB or Woolys GAA hour and Richie Sadlier should not have a media career.

OTB is back to being very strong although i never listen live only to their pods, joe Molloy is as good as there is out there on sport.

gallsman

Woolly is a gobshite of the highest order. Has nothing objective to say and is a complete mercenary to boot.

Molloy is very good on OTB but Gilroy is an embarrassment. The less said about "Off the Ballbag" the better.

Ken Early is one of the best soccer analysts in Ireland and the UK.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: gallsman on January 11, 2018, 10:41:32 AM
Woolly is a gobshite of the highest order. Has nothing objective to say and is a complete mercenary to boot.

Molloy is very good on OTB but Gilroy is an embarrassment. The less said about "Off the Ballbag" the better.

I find Early interesting but an analyst he is not, never says anything overly insightful. Actually soccer in general, for a sport that is the most popular, the lack of insightful tactical analysis is quite amazing. It's all shock and awe punditry, who can say the most controversial thing, real RTE school of thought. 
#newbridgeornowhere

yellowcard

Molloy is excellent, best sports presenter around and Gilroy is also very good.

AZOffaly

I think Joe Molloy is very good, but I don't like Gilroy. He's snide, condescending and pretentious.

DuffleKing

Off the ball are the market leader in sports coverage, review and analysis in this country in my book. I don't bother with anything else any more.

rosnarun

did wooly play for laois at one point under Micko maybe? . I think he may have accidently mentioned it at one point in Every show so far
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2018, 11:29:23 AM
I think Joe Molloy is very good, but I don't like Gilroy. He's snide, condescending and pretentious.

Amazing considering he's from Athy. I don't find him that bad just not a patch on Molloy as a host.
#newbridgeornowhere

Tubberman

And Gilroy also puts on this "we're having so much craic in the office" act, as if anyone in the wider world gives two shites!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

You mightn't like Wooly, but he knows his football an awful lot better than ANY other presenter out there.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 11, 2018, 02:27:24 PM

Amazing considering he's from Athy. I don't find him that bad just not a patch on Molloy as a host.

It's because he's from Athy. :)

I always feel he's talking down to the audience. Preachy.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 11, 2018, 04:03:30 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 11, 2018, 02:27:24 PM

It's because he's from Athy. :)

Are you sure you are not mixing him up with Ewan MacKenna, also from Athy!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

Declan

QuoteIt's because he's from Athy. :)

Always knew it was a kip ;)

Anyone listen to the Fergus Connolly OTB podcast? Will try and get to it tonight

Newbridge Exile

Am a world service member of second captions but am thinking of cancelling my subscription ,Ken early's ramblings are getting tedious now, I  would agree with a lot of people in that  Joe Molloy is a very good host /presenter

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Declan on January 11, 2018, 04:28:33 PM
QuoteIt's because he's from Athy. :)

Always knew it was a kip ;)

Anyone listen to the Fergus Connolly OTB podcast? Will try and get to it tonight

It was good, wish it was longer, he held back I thought.
#newbridgeornowhere