Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Is club football in Tyrone very defensive these days like how the county play or is it more attack minded?

I would love to see us revert back to a more attack minded team who don't always play with a sweeper. I am bored to tears watching us slowly playing the ball up from the back and rarely kick passing any long balls into our FF line as it has no support behind it as everyone is back defending.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Fuzzman on October 16, 2013, 04:51:32 PM
Is club football in Tyrone very defensive these days like how the county play or is it more attack minded?

I would love to see us revert back to a more attack minded team who don't always play with a sweeper. I am bored to tears watching us slowly playing the ball up from the back and rarely kick passing any long balls into our FF line as it has no support behind it as everyone is back defending.
Quote from: Tommo2 on October 16, 2013, 04:37:36 PM
Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 16, 2013, 12:22:49 PM
I don't think Grugan is the required standard to be honest. McCann is probably a better prospect simply because he is more of a grafter. I think Tyrone could do a lot worse than look at Dawyne Quinn and Ruairi Loughran on Sundays evidence. PJ Lavery has been a free man this past 2 championship games so the jury is out on him.

Define Grafter and confirm who you are referring to?

Good shout tommo.

i was confused and the only man i can think of is Tiernan mcCann Killyclogher.
Big year for Coney hes still living on the promise of his minor days he needs to get himself alot fitter.
going by the fixtures we've been dealt in the national league that we will be down round the bottom rather than competing at the top IMO
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Fear ón Srath Bán

2014 NFL  fixtures

Saturday, February 1st (7pm): Derry v Tyrone

Sunday, February 9th (2pm): Tyrone v Mayo

Sunday, March 2nd (2pm): Kildare v Tyrone

Sunday, March 9th (2pm): Kerry v Tyrone

Sunday, March 16th (2pm): Tyrone v Westmeath

Sunday, March 30th (2pm): Cork v Tyrone

Sunday, April 6th (3pm): Tyrone v Dublin

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wee Roddy

Yes Tiernan McCann was the lad I was referring too. Perhaps grafter is the wrong term but he would relish the physical challenger a little more than Grugan would he not?

Tommo2

He has many talents but a physical battle would not be his preference!

Tyrone Gaa

McCann is not the answer.  In fairness I have not seen a lot from him but I watched him in the championship and he was outclassed by Colm Cavanagh and Ryan Mellon.  I don't think Killyclogher won 1 kickout in the 2nd half.  That's where Killyclogher lost the game (midfield) McCann isn't the answer
Living the dream!!!

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 16, 2013, 11:34:26 PM
2014 NFL  fixtures

Saturday, February 1st (7pm): Derry v Tyrone

Sunday, February 9th (2pm): Tyrone v Mayo

Sunday, March 2nd (2pm): Kildare v Tyrone

Sunday, March 9th (2pm): Kerry v Tyrone

Sunday, March 16th (2pm): Tyrone v Westmeath

Sunday, March 30th (2pm): Cork v Tyrone

Sunday, April 6th (3pm): Tyrone v Dublin

what a horrible set of fixtures to be handed.
it looks like a dog fight already.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Under Lights

Any more word of the trials. Last I heard they were to place some time this month.

nrico2006

On the comment above about Tyrone adopting a more attack minded approach - why is Mickey so reluctant to try and force this template through?  Surely with all the success over the past 8 or 9 years from schools level up (coupled with the number of clubs/players) Tyrone have as much talent as any county (Dublin included) to go out and rack up big scores.  Could never understand why players like Johnny Lafferty have never been given a really good chance, would do a lot of damage if played in the full forward line.  His brother Ronan would be one of the best fielders of the ball in the county (if not the best) and would have a physicality and edge that none of our current midfielders possess.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tommo2

Quote from: Under Lights on November 06, 2013, 12:14:01 PM
Any more word of the trials. Last I heard they were to place some time this month.

Need to wait until Mickey comes home from his holidays.

reddgnhand

Anyone know what's happening with u21 management?

bigtogs

Quote from: reddgnhand on November 07, 2013, 06:36:36 PM
Anyone know what's happening with u21 management?

Seems nothing.... two parties showed interest and withdrew shortly before meeting!!! No interested parties as off tuesday night meeting.

Moortown Spuds

EC Unique

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 07, 2013, 07:42:07 PM
You/s are taking the piss-right?
I would like to see senior management take it for a year or 2.

bigtogs

Quote from: EC Unique on November 07, 2013, 07:45:01 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on November 07, 2013, 07:42:07 PM
You/s are taking the piss-right?
I would like to see senior management take it for a year or 2.

I agree 100 % with that