Quote from: Sandy Hill on July 31, 2017, 05:49:45 PM
Paddy Power's prices:
Tyrone 2/9
Draw 12/1
Armagh 4/1

It's not worth our while going up!
Agreed
We may just give up now😉

They should lump the crowdfunding on at 4/1, if we win then we'll be well prepared for the semi, if not then we won't need it.

;D
That's just, like your opinion man.

Orior

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 31, 2017, 02:17:56 PM
Jeez you'd swear Armagh had absolutely trampled over Kildare the way some are going on.

They narrowly pipped a Kildare team who only had a very average performance.

No no no!

The trick is to narrowly squeeze past each team, keeping expectations low and reminding the players that every one of them has to work very very hard. There is no room on the Armagh team for passengers or prima donnas
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

If both teams play to their potential Tyrone will win by 4-5pts but there is something about this Armagh team that I think there is still a big scalp in them and Hopefully it's Tyronies on Sat.
Armagh are kicking the ball more and you can't run faster than you can kick a ball so if Armagh excute this right they can beat the packed defence, they are also capable of kicking long range scores which is kinda new to them. This is another way to counter the packed defence so Armagh do have the weapons to beat Tyrone but for me Tyrone's biggest asset is how quick they break out of defence when they win the ball back, for me this is where they can open us up.
I would love to see this game level on 60 mins to see a great finish...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Wildweasel74

What did Tyrone do to Down who beat Armagh in the 1st rd, same for Derry and Donegal; all playing in higher division that Armagh! Armagh have improved but will not trouble Tyrone!

BennyCake

Armagh remind me of Fermanagh in 2004. Playing good attacking football, comfortable on the ball and taking some great scores.

omaghjoe

Quote from: bennydorano on July 31, 2017, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 31, 2017, 04:24:42 PM
The Armagh fans seem to be struggling as to what angle they want to take on this game. On the one hand they want to play up to the fact that Tyrone are big favourites one of the best teams in country and they're only a wee division 3 outfit with no chance. On the other they can't help but think Tyrone are over rated and haven't been tested and that Armagh are much better than the league suggested with a better set of forwards than Tyrone and huge momentum behind them. They're saying the former whilst struggling to hide the latter.
Very true.

I think Tyrone would have preferred Kildare tbh, they could do without the derby factor as it throws a bit of the unknown into the equation.

It's not a straightforward Div 1 v Div 3 game (well hopefully not).

Yeah....;D ;D ;D...sure...

Did ye not read this thread after you won?

sam03/05

According to Jamie Clarke - Armagh have the best footballers in Ireland.....

naka

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 31, 2017, 11:08:44 PM
What did Tyrone do to Down who beat Armagh in the 1st rd, same for Derry and Donegal; all playing in higher division that Armagh! Armagh have improved but will not trouble Tyrone!
Keep convincing yourself there 😉

redhandofgod

Tyrone by a bagful again. Armagh are a division 3 team. The gap between Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone and the rest is massive. Armagh people are actually deluded if they think they have any chance.

Taylor

The first 10mins should be tight but after that we will pull away.

All in all it should still be considered a good season for Armagh so dont get too despondent

armaghniac

Tyrone are so fabulous that I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they went ahead even before the ball is thrown in.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

square_ball

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 01, 2017, 06:42:03 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 31, 2017, 06:49:59 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 31, 2017, 04:24:42 PM
The Armagh fans seem to be struggling as to what angle they want to take on this game. On the one hand they want to play up to the fact that Tyrone are big favourites one of the best teams in country and they're only a wee division 3 outfit with no chance. On the other they can't help but think Tyrone are over rated and haven't been tested and that Armagh are much better than the league suggested with a better set of forwards than Tyrone and huge momentum behind them. They're saying the former whilst struggling to hide the latter.
Very true.

I think Tyrone would have preferred Kildare tbh, they could do without the derby factor as it throws a bit of the unknown into the equation.

It's not a straightforward Div 1 v Div 3 game (well hopefully not).

Yeah....;D ;D ;D...sure...

Did ye not read this thread after you won?

I'd suggest Benny means the actual team/management and not the supporters. Of course the supporters are going to want Armagh for the derby factor and a reminder of the good oul days.

punt kick

Very unfair though to be in an All-Ireland semi untested - hopefully GAA can sort this out for next year!

BennyHarp

Quote from: punt kick on August 01, 2017, 09:29:01 AM
Very unfair though to be in an All-Ireland semi untested - hopefully GAA can sort this out for next year!

They have.....the super 8. Keep up!
That was never a square ball!!

Beantown

I have been impressed with Armagh in the qualifiers this year.  They semed to have went back to the style of football that brought success in 2000's.  Good ball into dangerous forwards will always give a team a chance to win any game.  Maybe the weakness is the fact that their defence had a tendency to switch off during the league.  A couple of games were lost by late scores that should have been dealt with, hence they didnt get promoted when they probably should have.  They do have quality players in McParland, Clarke, Grimley etc.

However Tyrone should win this game if its approached in the right way.  Speed, strength in the tackle and a bit more cuteness and experience will see them home. A better team overall and a strong bench.

It will be a tight tough affair but people seem to think that Tyrone cant do the physical stuff and will shy away when confronted.  Tyrone can be as physical as the next team, the key is discipline at this stage of the year.  Keep the heads, play at a high tempo and we should win.  Armagh have momentum and did run Donegal close a few years ago, but Tyrone have been playng at a higher level the past couple of years and should have enough in the tank.

Also as a Tyrone man, I personally am happy to see McGeeney do well.  A great player in his day and got a fair bit of stick from southern media in his time at Kildare.  Its good to see how he has conducted himself in chamionship this year.

Saying all that, Tyrone by 3.