Self Catering Holiday Cork/Kerry

Started by leaveherinsir, April 15, 2013, 10:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leaveherinsir

Thinking about spending a week in Cork/Kerry in June. Open to ideas on the best place to use as a base if anyone can help. Thanks

bennydorano

Stayed in Youghal 2 summers ago & had a great time, good for East Cork & not too far from Cork City, we actually drove to Tramore for a day. Previously stayed in Barleycove right on Mizen head in West Cork, very isolated but still a good holiday, lovely beach.

5 Sams

I have good contacts for self catering between Dingle and Ventry. PM me if you want details.
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Quote from: leaveherinsir on April 15, 2013, 10:39:33 PM
Thinking about spending a week in Cork/Kerry in June. Open to ideas on the best place to use as a base if anyone can help. Thanks
;D I was just about to post that you'll start 5 Sams off on his love affair with Kerry again! Too late!

5 Sams

Sure isn't it great to have an interest in something other than slagging people on the Internet!!
The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

Stayed in Tralee a few years ago (not self-catering, but the point remains) and it was a great base camp, Killarney on your doorstep, Ring of Kerry and Dingle within easy driving distance. The Muckross House (not the yoke Billy Cullen owned) and its estate are wonderful to have a wander around on a fine day too.

Tralee is a fine town itself to boot with most everything within walking distance.