Feile 2008

Started by Zulu, July 04, 2008, 12:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlooker

Talking of well known clubs taking part, it is interesting to note that the Tipperary reps. this year are Loughmore-Castleiney.  They last came to national notice, when their hurlers won the Munster Club Hurling Final, before losing to Portumna (Joe Canning & Co.) in the All Ireland Semi Final.  A genuine dual club if ever there was one.

Zulu

Yeah noticed that too Onlooker, Dungarvan, the Waterford representitives were also in this years hurling feile and did fairly well. Another good dual club and a good bet to win div. 5 of the football.

INDIANA

yes but AZ at least those clubs were in the top 2 in their county, the fact that the others were better is besides the point. like the football has only one game in each group, the rest are hidings.

AZOffaly

Sorry Indiana, I don't follow you? There were a load of Offaly clubs at all levels. They all hosted county champions of various differing levels, but some of our weaker clubs took awful hidings. Laois clubs too. I suppose the fact that there are less 'hurling' counties might mitigate the amount of hidings a little, but there are still teams involved just making up the numbers as hosts. (The same format applies, 4 teams, 2 hosts and 2 guests).

Zulu

Congrats AZ, Ferbane are in the final and you were right about Crokes Indiana they beat a very strong Douglas team in the semis and are probably favourites for the final.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on July 04, 2008, 06:21:21 PM
Yeah noticed that too Onlooker, Dungarvan, the Waterford representitives were also in this years hurling feile and did fairly well. Another good dual club and a good bet to win div. 5 of the football.

Dungarvan are Inter in both Hurling & football and have been for a few years now - they won a football three-in-a row in the early nineties, but have struggled to get out of West Waterford in both codes the last few years..

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on July 05, 2008, 09:17:52 PM
Congrats AZ, Ferbane are in the final and you were right about Crokes Indiana they beat a very strong Douglas team in the semis and are probably favourites for the final.

Douglas coached by a mr T. Davis from the Sunday game.

Zulu

QuoteDungarvan are Inter in both Hurling & football and have been for a few years now - they won a football three-in-a row in the early nineties, but have struggled to get out of West Waterford in both codes the last few years..

They've a lot of good players coming through the last few years and they'll be back up senior in both codes soon enough, in fact they might even do the double this year. It should be noted that the favourites for this years senior hurling and football championships in Waterford are Ballinacourty who from the town also. Most of you might remember them from last years Munster club football final when they just lost out to Nemo.

INDIANA

apologies AZ didn't realise that.Its a strange system to be honest. Good luck today.
That Crokes side is the best u14 team I've ever seen in Dublin but Salthill are a fine side too. Should be a good game.

carnaross

Dungarvan beat South London in the final this morning, after the London lads beat Yorkshire in the semi-final last night.
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

Zulu

Congratulations to all involved with the Dungarvan team, I know a few lads involved with that club and they are a good bunch so this is well deserved. I'm looking forward to the Crokes/Salthill final aswell it should be a good un.

gaagaa

glenn are from co down
glen are from maghera in co derry

Farrandeelin

How did Aghamore do today?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Zulu

Beat New York by a point 2-8 to 2-7, are Aghamore a Mayo club?

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on July 05, 2008, 10:20:18 PM
QuoteDungarvan are Inter in both Hurling & football and have been for a few years now - they won a football three-in-a row in the early nineties, but have struggled to get out of West Waterford in both codes the last few years..

They've a lot of good players coming through the last few years and they'll be back up senior in both codes soon enough, in fact they might even do the double this year. It should be noted that the favourites for this years senior hurling and football championships in Waterford are Ballinacourty who from the town also. Most of you might remember them from last years Munster club football final when they just lost out to Nemo.

Aside from Jamie Nagle, I don't see them. I have friends involved there too and have seen quite a few of their Inter games in both codes.

Ballinacourty's run to the Munster final was something else when you consider the tiny area they pick from - I don't for a second believe that they are favourites for the Senior hurling though...ahead of MS, BG, De LaSalle, Lismore & Abbeyside??