Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Glentaisie on January 20, 2017, 09:47:10 AM
I don't actually know Nag. I don't know how the managerial merry go round has gone this year so I was just asking the question.  As there's only really 3 Down clubs this could be I thought someone might know whether it was bullsh*t or not.

That's ok, I don't know myself but I my initial thoughts on it would remain that if anyone does know then I think it should be posted up.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 20, 2017, 09:35:59 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2017, 07:46:53 AM
Arrogant? Certainly not.... but anything the county do you have yourself and Pj give off about it.... pure negative and we wonder why Antrim is a shit county!! They have been elected in and should be given a chance instead of sniping all the time....

You were out of order. End of. The county is in diffs because we have people who are above their station.

I'm negative when I feel I have to be.

Get off your high horse oul hand.

Then do something about it!! Unless youve been under a rock for 50 years the county has been in diffs a lot, are you critical all the time without a solution?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Usain

Quote from: NAG1 on January 20, 2017, 09:59:47 AM
I don't actually know Nag. I don't know how the managerial merry go round has gone this year so I was just asking the question.  As there's only really 3 Down clubs this could be I thought someone might know whether it was bullsh*t or not.

That's ok, I don't know myself but I my initial thoughts on it would remain that if anyone does know then I think it should be posted up.

This whole thing may be a windup, I hope it is. 

But if its true, name and shame the club and the manager. Goes against the entire ethos of club GAA.
I accept that coaches are getting paid by clubs all over the country but to ask players to pay for their own manager, ridiculous.

btdtgtt

Quote from: Usain on January 20, 2017, 11:21:25 AM

But if its true, name and shame the club and the manager. Goes against the entire ethos of club GAA.
I accept that coaches are getting paid by clubs all over the country but to ask players to pay for their own manager, ridiculous.

So who should pay?
Why should anyone else in the club pay it?

The real answer is nobody.
It's long over time this cancer was exposed and cut out.

NAG1

Quote from: btdtgtt on January 20, 2017, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: Usain on January 20, 2017, 11:21:25 AM

So who should pay?
Why should anyone else in the club pay it?

The real answer is nobody.
It's long over time this cancer was exposed and cut out.

I think you will find that in most cases where this occurs the players are paying for it indirectly by fund raising or other means.

They are not in paying via a standing order directly which is where this case differs.

I do hope that it is a bullsh*t story.

johnneycool

Quote from: NAG1 on January 20, 2017, 09:40:15 AM
Quote from: Glentaisie on January 20, 2017, 09:20:07 AM
Any truth in the story that this is a Down team with an Antrim manager?
£10k pa
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/outrageous-direct-debit-demands-club-team-pay-manager-show-gaa-lost-control/110163

Why not name him and the club then G?

If this is true then he was obviously comfortable with the club doing this with the players, so I dont think there would be any harm in naming him and the club?

Well it isn't us and I'd be surprised if it was any of the other two Ards clubs as that sort of news would go round the place like wildfire and the first I saw it was on here.

What's the wing doing this weather? :)

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on January 20, 2017, 01:22:15 PM
There is a hurling coach in Ulster worth £10k??

Not a chance.

imtommygunn

Quote from: johnneycool on January 20, 2017, 01:26:12 PM
£10k pa
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/outrageous-direct-debit-demands-club-team-pay-manager-show-gaa-lost-control/110163

If this is true then he was obviously comfortable with the club doing this with the players, so I dont think there would be any harm in naming him and the club?

Well it isn't us and I'd be surprised if it was any of the other two Ards clubs as that sort of news would go round the place like wildfire and the first I saw it was on here.

Maybe it's in the big city where there's too much money and hurling is growing  :P

(P.S. Purely speculation with no basis...)

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 20, 2017, 02:50:10 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on January 20, 2017, 01:26:12 PM
£10k pa

Maybe it's in the big city where there's too much money and hurling is growing  :P

(P.S. Purely speculation with no basis...)

Speculating on the money? Or that hurling is growing? :D
I don't see either! ;)

imtommygunn

Wrong side of the ormeau bridge btdtgtt ;-)

Mourne man

You are referring to bredagh or Carryduff then?

imtommygunn

Only speculating that maybe Bredagh as they have been progressing very well in the hurling.

As I say purely speculation as the whole thing could be nonsense and probably is anyway...

btdtgtt

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 20, 2017, 03:19:58 PM
Wrong side of the ormeau bridge btdtgtt ;-)

The Orangemen used to have that problem :D

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2017, 10:57:03 AM
Arrogant? Certainly not.... but anything the county do you have yourself and Pj give off about it.... pure negative and we wonder why Antrim is a shit county!! They have been elected in and should be given a chance instead of sniping all the time....

You were out of order. End of. The county is in diffs because we have people who are above their station.

Then do something about it!! Unless youve been under a rock for 50 years the county has been in diffs a lot, are you critical all the time without a solution?

Who are you to tell me to do something about it? How do you know what I am doing to improve my club or county?

I'm not critical all the time for the sake of it. I've been critical of saffron vision and I have every right to be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on January 21, 2017, 09:24:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 20, 2017, 10:57:03 AM

Who are you to tell me to do something about it? How do you know what I am doing to improve my club or county?

I'm not critical all the time for the sake of it. I've been critical of saffron vision and I have every right to be.

I tell you what I want until I know or you tell me different? You are critical all the time so I think you're negative which you've admitted... you're not part of the Antrim committee do in that respect you do feck all.. if you wash the gear at the club, the well done
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea