Mayo v Galway, MacHale Park, Sunday 13th May 4pm

Started by From the Bunker, April 01, 2018, 08:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: whitey on April 10, 2018, 08:53:15 PM
Anywhere can be the easiest to get in and out if if you live the same side of town as the stadium or if you can skirt the town to get parking near the stadium

I haven't been in the Hyde for years, but anytime I was there before that  it was a nightmare

For the love of God stop digging.

Orchard park

Anywhere can be the easiest to get in and out if if you live the same side of town as the stadium or if you can skirt the town to get parking near the stadium

I haven't been in the Hyde for years, but anytime I was there before that  it was a nightmare

Results wise or access wise ???

macdanger2

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 10, 2018, 01:09:02 PM
Four players dropped from Mayo panel according to the Mayo News. Freeman, McDonagh, Gibbons and Newcombe.

Two minutes for Freeman at the end of the Donegal game, hard to take considering the injuries / lack of options we have in the forwards.

Orchard park

Quote from: macdanger2 on April 10, 2018, 11:19:25 PM
Four players dropped from Mayo panel according to the Mayo News. Freeman, McDonagh, Gibbons and Newcombe.

Two minutes for Freeman at the end of the Donegal game, hard to take considering the injuries / lack of options we have in the forwards.

An insult to a fine footballer

Cunny Funt

Meanwhile Cian Hanley apparently will be part of the Mayo championship panel even though he hasn't played a inter county game since 2014 and that was a minor game.

whitey

Quote from: Orchard park on April 10, 2018, 09:41:19 PM

Results wise or access wise ???

Haha...Ive had more good days than bad in the Hyde including 1985 and 1989, but my last trip was probably the lowpoint in the history of Mayo football.... 1994

moysider

Quote from: Orchard park on April 10, 2018, 11:24:29 PM

Hmmm. Asked back for the FBD. Gone again until we were bled out and asked to bench v Donegal. Gone again. I dunno what to make of that. Not reading anything into that tbh. Things happen. Horan dropped Parson's a few years ago. Nobody called it out at the time. Horan is writing a lot about the game and on tv. Nobody - as far as I know have asked him why he dropped a lad that was in his early 20's and had represented his country in the Aussie thing?
Meanwhile, Treacy has been dispatched to the development squad. Understandable. He wasn't fit to play league so..... In fact, even though he did warm up for club game at weekend he did not play.
Still Horan's team and it is no brainer why that is the case. However if you take it on a bit: there are 11 still on the panel that lost to Sligo and Longford back in 2010. That means that the core of this team was Johnno's vision. Bless.

An insult to a fine footballer

larryin89

Very good performances in his debut season in 2010 v Sligo and Longford. A good game v Tyrone in 13 . Mostly negative contributions for the rest of his time , a tendency to shy away from 50/50 balls , a complete no no for inter county.   it was 2015 v Dubs I seen him with my two fooking eyes yellow out of a 60/40 in his favour when it was melting pot time . His fans never seem to see whats obvious to others.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tubberman

Quote from: larryin89 on April 11, 2018, 09:48:54 AM
Very good performances in his debut season in 2010 v Sligo and Longford. A good game v Tyrone in 13 . Mostly negative contributions for the rest of his time , a tendency to shy away from 50/50 balls , a complete no no for inter county.   it was 2015 v Dubs I seen him with my two fooking eyes yellow out of a 60/40 in his favour when it was melting pot time . His fans never seem to see whats obvious to others.

Unfortunately accurate.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

rosnarun

Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2018, 09:53:51 AM

Unfortunately accurate.
no point in slagging him off at this point.
he did his stint for mayo and should be thanked for it
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

highorlow

Freeman got a few starts in the FBD this year so the 2 mins is inaccurate. He was marked out of the club match at the weekend.

I'm more concerned with our lack of back-up in midfield.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

larryin89

Quote from: rosnarun on April 11, 2018, 04:11:16 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on April 11, 2018, 09:53:51 AM

Unfortunately accurate.
no point in slagging him off at this point.
he did his stint for mayo and should be thanked for it

Fair point .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

cornetto

Jesus McHale part will be jammers with the big match,
Pearse stadium will be jammers the same day for ed Sheehan it's win, win for the gaa.
off course they will have the match on a big screen sure doesent ed only love the "Galway girl",what's the chances of him giving a bar of "the green and red of mayo".All in all it promises to be a great day whoever you support.it will set the record for the most county jerseys ever uat a music concert!😁

Farrandeelin

Quote from: cornetto on April 12, 2018, 12:00:17 PM
Jesus McHale part will be jammers with the big match,
Pearse stadium will be jammers the same day for ed Sheehan it's win, win for the gaa.
off course they will have the match on a big screen sure doesent ed only love the "Galway girl",what's the chances of him giving a bar of "the green and red of mayo".All in all it promises to be a great day whoever you support.it will set the record for the most county jerseys ever uat a music concert!😁

Thank God we're heading to Ed on the 12th.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.