30 (19.1%)
No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

SHEEDY

Some people are losing the run of themselves on this thread, some of the wild theories being thrown about are clear nonsense. A mistake was made on the sideline by the officials not to notice the player hadn't come off simple as that. Anybody suggesting Crokes deliberately left the man on the field as some sort of last minute ploy that's been hatched since last years final needs their head examined.

If it was the other way round would there be the same social media pile on looking a replay?
nil satis nisi optimum

Nanderson

Quote from: Louther on January 25, 2023, 09:32:35 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 25, 2023, 09:11:27 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 25, 2023, 09:06:07 AM
What KC do wrong? That's fairly simple, they brought on 2 took off 1, am back again to, well when I was a player, if you coming on to the field, you tell u teammate  he going off, Players IQ hasn't dipped in recent years. So why the sub make no attempt to tell the lad he coming in for, he's off?

You are looking at it from a 'gentlemans agreement, fairplay crap' The slips were given and its totally down to the officials that allowed play to continue while there was an extra man on the pitch.

The player coming on was given (I'm sure) instructions to line out or pick someone up, Its not a league game on a Wed night in the sticks with nothing really at stake, there is no high fives to the sub its some player trying to win an All Ireland

I'm just looking  at how KC will approach this, and if this was your club you may think the same

Do you think that on the KC sideline, with all their Mgt and club Secretary, someone didn't say/notice that the player hasn't come off and either thought to themselves, I'll say nothing until the ref notices or he does says something and is promptly told to say nothing until the ref notices. I'd have little doubt this happened, even in the heat of the battle and in the blink of an eye  and it might never be admitted or proven but someone will have that guilt in the Crokes camp if this goes to a replay. Very little gets missed along the line even in an instant and someone would have expect the sub to appear.

I'd even wager someone thought if this goes in as goal we will say we'd extra man on field and look the 45 retaken  ;D
You're looking too deep into it. Mannion went off behind the goal and im sure KC had assumed mullin went off behind the goal too hence why no one would have noticed him if he was on the sideline or not

tintin25

Quote from: SHEEDY on January 25, 2023, 10:06:37 AM
Some people are losing the run of themselves on this thread, some of the wild theories being thrown about are clear nonsense. A mistake was made on the sideline by the officials not to notice the player hadn't come off simple as that. Anybody suggesting Crokes deliberately left the man on the field as some sort of last minute ploy that's been hatched since last years final needs their head examined.

If it was the other way round would there be the same social media pile on looking a replay?

100% - some balloons actually thinking they did it deliberately....FS.

imtommygunn

Yep. Agree with this. Why would they do any of that at the risk of being caught. Makes no sense.

seafoid

Any news from KC? Will they play a replay ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 25, 2023, 10:10:29 AM

Yep. Agree with this. Why would they do any of that at the risk of being caught. Makes no sense.
Why would you go up the steps of the Hogan and parade around Stillorgan with the cup knowing the rules were broken ?
It's nuts.

yellowcard

I think Glen have played their card and now it is back to the GAA to deal with it and decide on what course of action to take. Which will probably be to order a replay. What happens next then? Will Kilmacud refuse to play it and potentially forfeit the AI title and will Glen actually accept the replay offer and forfeit the game. If not this could drag on for weeks through an appeals process. Its messy for everyone and no matter the course of action there will be some people jumping up and down in fury. 

tonto1888

There is a clear anti Dublin bias on this board. This thread is allowing people to express that with the county team having had a poor year - by their standards

pbat

Boyle sports have the match on there docket for 3.30 Saturday, Glen 15/8 KC 4/7.

Maroon Manc

Agreed, can't imagine there's full agreement within the Glen camp on this either.

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 25, 2023, 10:00:50 AM
Were Dublin punished in 95?
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-s-success-gives-feargal-logan-relief-from-the-pain-of-1995-1.4671866

For a second on Saturday night, Feargal Logan looked as if he was going to fish out his phone and start reading from it.

One of the questions we asked him was , given that he had had such a grim experience in the one All-Ireland final he played in – 1995, the Dubs, the last-gasp disallowed point, etc – whether or not this meant more to him than it did to his co-manager Brian Dooher.

Dooher was sitting beside him, by the way. And judging by the half-harrumph, half-smirk he gave when he heard the question, we were all lucky that Tyrone had actually won the thing. You take your life in your hands when you suggest that winning an All-Ireland means more to anybody than it does to Brian Dooher.

Logan is, above and beyond everything else, however, his own man. And rather than bat the question away, his bearing visibly sagged ever so slightly as he began to answer. That 1995 final could have been the greatest day of his life and only the tiniest margin – a referee seeing a ball picked up off the ground when it had in fact bounced up – ruined it on him.

READ MORE

And now, 26 years later, even the glow of finally getting up the Hogan steps, even then he couldn't be blithe about what that defeat had meant. Not just for him but for the Tyrone team around him that day. Some of them, as Peter Canavan outlined in these pages on Saturday, got to slay the demons in the 2000s. But most of them didn't. Tiny margins, big consequences.

"In the immortal words of Páidí Ó Sé, a grain of rice tips the balance," Logan said. "That's what you live or die by in football. You can be very sore as a manager when you go home and that grain of rice tips against you. It was small margins today but probably the goals set us up. Goals win matches and we were lucky to get them. They worked and our midfield were outstanding.

Learn more

"It probably does [mean more to me], in truth. There's no getting away from the fact that 1995 was a very, very painful day for Tyrone. And in particular for the lads, the '95 lads who I ran with back in the day and still would run with. I took all their names in my phone here and I'd love to give them all a shout out.

"I'd love to see them printed tomorrow to say, 'Listen lads, that's one that got away.' We partly redeemed it here. We didn't redeem it as players but in my mind anyway this is somewhat of a redemption."

He did go rummaging in his pocket for a second but didn't actually take out his phone and start listing off names. So what the hell, let's do it for him anyway. Finbar McConnell. Paul Devlin. Fay Devlin. Ronan McGarrity. Séamus McCallan. Seán McLaughlin. Jody Gormley. Ciarán Corr. Pascal Canavan. Ciarán Loughran. Ciarán McBride. Stephen Lawn. Mattie McGleenan. Brian Gormley. Paul Donnelly. Chris Lawn and Peter Canavan were there too but they got their medals eventually.

Logan was talking about the others, members of that small circle of GAA players from down the decades who got their one shot at glory and didn't take it. Most players never get to a final. Half that do go home as made men for life. The other half carry with them heads filled with regrets. For some it dissipates. For others, it's that small shadow on the X-ray of their life. Always there, always black, never benign.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 25, 2023, 10:20:52 AM

There is a clear anti Dublin bias on this board. This thread is allowing people to express that with the county team having had a poor year - by their standards

There is and the Shane Walsh transfer hasn't helped the matter either.

The huge majority of people I know in the real world think Glen shouldn't be objecting.

imtommygunn

The Shane Walsh thing has hugely conflated people's opinions it seems. It has bog all to do with this at all so I dunno why people think it suddenly changes anything.

The GAA should have dealt with this and then never needed to have to deal with objection or not.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on January 25, 2023, 10:20:37 AM
I think Glen have played their card and now it is back to the GAA to deal with it and decide on what course of action to take. Which will probably be to order a replay. What happens next then? Will Kilmacud refuse to play it and potentially forfeit the AI title and will Glen actually accept the replay offer and forfeit the game. If not this could drag on for weeks through an appeals process. Its messy for everyone and no matter the course of action there will be some people jumping up and down in fury.
I think it was on OTB that the GAA position was that the offended team has to object in order to limit the number of cases that reach the GAA.
But surely for an all Ireland final of national importance they could have a separate process.
The uncertainty must be difficult for the 2 clubs.

Conor Glass came back from Australia for days like Sunday. He couldn't have imagined this week.