Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

statto

See Ivan Toney has cam out said has gambling addiction and was placing bets against Newcastle in games he wasn't involved in.  You be fairly annoyed if you knew one of your own was backing against you.  I recall listening to Niall McNamee before and whenever he raised issue with his addiction the counsellor told asked if he ever betted against self and he was annoyed with the comment but was told it was only a matter of time before he did this.  Be interesting to know how the FA became aware of the goings on with Toney.  Was thinking he could possibly have been a cheaper option that Kane/Osimhen for Man Utd but the fact hes banned to January probably rules that out. 

Captain Obvious

Little Luton into the Premier League via a sudden death penalty shootout. Will their pitch be big enough for the Premier league?

Hound

Quote from: statto on May 26, 2023, 11:24:54 AM
See Ivan Toney has cam out said has gambling addiction and was placing bets against Newcastle in games he wasn't involved in.  You be fairly annoyed if you knew one of your own was backing against you.  I recall listening to Niall McNamee before and whenever he raised issue with his addiction the counsellor told asked if he ever betted against self and he was annoyed with the comment but was told it was only a matter of time before he did this.  Be interesting to know how the FA became aware of the goings on with Toney.  Was thinking he could possibly have been a cheaper option that Kane/Osimhen for Man Utd but the fact hes banned to January probably rules that out.
Toney never bet against himself. The bets against Newcastle were not allowed, but still regarded at the lower end of the scale as his bets had no impact on the result. The bets that got the long ban were the ones on matches he was playing - all such bets being on himself to score.
Seems quite a harsh ban, especially as so much gambling promotion and adverts in the premier league.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 27, 2023, 07:52:58 PM
Little Luton into the Premier League via a sudden death penalty shootout. Will their pitch be big enough for the Premier league?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7BNu-Sb7q4

AustinPowers

Luton  back in the big time. I remember  collecting  the Panini stickers  back in the day when they  had the  likes of Mal Donaghy , Big mick harford, one of the Steins, and another  big fella with the headband (name escapes me). Ah, Simpler times.

Kidder81

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 27, 2023, 11:38:14 PM

Luton  back in the big time. I remember  collecting  the Panini stickers  back in the day when they  had the  likes of Mal Donaghy , Big mick harford, one of the Steins, and another  big fella with the headband (name escapes me). Ah, Simpler times.

Steve Foster

Tony Baloney

Did Les Sealey not move from Luton to United?

quit yo jibbajabba

Ricky Hill
2 Steins. Brian and Mark
Beat Arsenal in Littlewoods Cup final or whatever she was called

quit yo jibbajabba

The plastic pitch

Jumpers for goalposts. Happy times 😃

Hound

Barry Horne
Gareth Farrelly
DOUCOURE!!

seafoid

Is it still Kenilworth Road? Is it still an artificial surface ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Estimator

Quote from: seafoid on May 28, 2023, 06:40:59 PM

Yes. No.
Have to spend £10mil to get it up to scratch for the Premier League.
New stadium being developed, but won't be ready until the following season.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Square Ball

Quote from: Estimator on May 28, 2023, 08:58:39 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 28, 2023, 06:40:59 PM

Yes. No.
Have to spend £10mil to get it up to scratch for the Premier League.
New stadium being developed, but won't be ready until the following season.
Steve Foster?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Main Street

I suppose it's the Monaghan in me but usually I'm an avid  follower of the last round of the EPL season, those games affecting who gets relegated. It's popcorn munching  time. This year it hardly registered a blip in among a classic weekend of televised GAA sport.

quit yo jibbajabba

Lingard released from Forest. Givin Dele Alli a run for his money. Same time nice wage packet for doin v little if ye can get away with it