snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: square_ball on August 19, 2020, 09:04:12 PM

Quote from: ONeill on August 19, 2020, 05:07:46 PM
Used to go to one in Clonoe every Friday. It was the highlight of the week. That and seeing the cousin.

Remember McGraths snooker club alright. Gervin's still going in Coalisland though not sure how busy or popular it is these days. I remember in the academy days bunking off and head to the tables in the INF - don't know if that's still on the go?

Played in the INF loads of times over the years. Don't think it's going now.

From the Bunker

Snooker is a strange animal of a sport. Although it's origins are in Amusement halls and Pubs, places that are frowned upon for a young lad to hang out in. The professional game with it waste coats and neat dress gives off a sort of snobbishness. 

cadhlancian

I remember seeing you those Friday nights Shane ! it was the spot to be, McGraths was arguably the nicest snooker club in the north, there was no expense spared there! Also remember hitting the Foresters on Scotch street as well when I conveniently forgot my blazer and the lip wouldnt let you in the door ;D
Foresters Club is long gone unfortunately ....

ONeill

If I remember correctly Cadh, you'd have been one of the top players in the area - did you keep up playing the sport?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

cadhlancian

Probably played seriously to about 18/19 , too much other shite going on  ;D
Football, Greenvale , Clubland , sure ya know the craic ! I was good at it, actually won the Jimmy Martin Ulster U19 when i was still 16, and never played in it again  :-\ A few regrets for sure , I think one of the last games i ever played, I made 142 total clearance in Gervins and went to the Glenavon and got steamed....

Taylor

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 22, 2020, 07:33:33 AM
Football, Greenvale , Clubland , sure ya know the craic ! I was good at it, actually won the Jimmy Martin Ulster U19 when i was still 16, and never played in it again  :-\ A few regrets for sure , I think one of the last games i ever played, I made 142 total clearance in Gervins and went to the Glenavon and got steamed....

That is seriously impressive.........

quit yo jibbajabba

Agree. I thought a bottle o Blue Nun and a litre bot cider before Glenavon was good. U win

square_ball

Quote from: Taylor on August 22, 2020, 10:15:25 AM
Quote from: cadhlancian on August 22, 2020, 07:33:33 AM

That is seriously impressive.........

That is unreal. Fair play.

ONeill

Any of yiz watching the World Seniors on at the minute? You get it on the red button or iplayer.

White bate Hendry yesterday in the semi, clearing a 130 in the process. Looks like he'll be playing Doherty in the final tonight. Best of 9.

GJL

Quote from: ONeill on August 22, 2020, 03:49:23 PM
Any of yiz watching the World Seniors on at the minute? You get it on the red button or iplayer.

White bate Hendry yesterday in the semi, clearing a 130 in the process. Looks like he'll be playing Doherty in the final tonight. Best of 9.

More entertaining than the World Championship.

ONeill

Michaela Tabb reffin which always helps.

ONeill

That was a fine watch. Doherty 4-0 up. White all over the shop. He took the last 5 to win 5-4.

Never change, Jimmy.

quit yo jibbajabba

Decent entertainmemt alright. Must be no money involved. Id say thats Jimmy on the lash all the same

From the Bunker

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on August 22, 2020, 10:52:43 PM
Decent entertainmemt alright. Must be no money involved. Id say thats Jimmy on the lash all the same

Winner: £25,000
Runner-up: £10,000
Semi-finalist: £7,500
Quarter-finalist: £3,000
Highest break: £1,500
Total: £63,500

Nice bit of pocket money!

quit yo jibbajabba

Good stuff. Just found it strange all they "presented" was the trophy/medal.

Jimmy deffo on the lash now lol