snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MayoBuck

The snooker today was something else. Didn't watch a minute of the champions league it was so tense.

quit yo jibbajabba

Nearly more importantly Selby accused Ronnie of deliberately moving in the background at a crucial stage in a frame when it was 13  9 or around that time. Bbc didnt have time to pick up on it so will be interesting to see if more is made of it, and Ronnies response.

Ronnies been on the edge all week but the beeb know rightly what theyre at gettin the interviews straight away a la skysports.

Snookers just got interesting 😉😃

sid waddell

Quote from: MayoBuck on August 14, 2020, 11:26:06 PM
The snooker today was something else. Didn't watch a minute of the champions league it was so tense.
Today is a reminder of just how great snooker can be as a television sport and how great slow burning sports in general can be. Every so often something of the highest magnitude of drama like that comes along. I watched most of the first half of the football and that was thrilling in its own way but the snooker just took over. Today sort of reminded me of the day last year when the Cricket World Cup final and the Wimbledon final were coming to the boil at the same time and blew Kerry v Mayo out of the water. The drama was very close to that level.

sid waddell

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2020, 11:05:56 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 14, 2020, 10:30:39 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2020, 10:27:49 PM
What he say? If all he said was Ronnie was being disrespectful he wasn't wrong like.
Crying that any time he put him in a snooker, he was whacking them about at 100mph and they could have gone anywhere.

He's raging that the final time Ronnie did that, it landed sweetly, snookering Selby.

Emotions were high, he had Ronnie by the balls and the carpet was swept from under him. It's hard not to blame everything and anything after such a loss. It takes great mental capabilities to hold your head and say the right thing and be gracious. We've all been there.

I like both that Selby was sickened - because I wanted Ronnie to sicken his hole - and that he had the balls to say what he said.

It makes the game and makes for brilliant rivalry and needle. Old school.

Selby v O'Sullivan is an excellent rivalry because they're so different.

What happened there broke the rules of sport. Selby really had broken O'Sullivan mentally. Ronnie just continued to fling the kitchen sink, a failing strategy, and somehow it worked. That almost never happens.

I'm still buzzing after watching it.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2020, 10:47:30 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 10:44:14 PM
Ah jaysus that was great. I only bet in tiny cash outlays but I would have bet a very large tiny cash outlay that at 16-14 and the way he was bashing the balls around, Ronnie was beaten all ends up.

The last three frames were glorious. I have not been remotely as tense and emotionally invested in any sporting event since sport started again as that last frame, and I might not be all year. It was a beautiful taste of normality but it was anything but normal, it was genius in action.

Selby's reaction in the interview only made it better.

Agree, feel drained.

Yer boy will probably hammer Ronnie (who needs to fcuk up about cue action).

I'm not sure you understand though... cue action is the game, nothing else matters!!

ONeill

I see Selby is known as The Jester.

Good one.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

quit yo jibbajabba

Jester from Leicester. As the boy off the twitter said it sounded better than Molester....

ONeill

Ronnie totally switched off at 8-2.

JPGJOHNNYG

Ronnie making far too many mistakes

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on August 15, 2020, 10:06:16 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2020, 10:01:31 PM
Ronnie totally switched off at 8-2.
I think Wilson settling and coming back a bit was inevitable. A bit too much for Ronnie's liking at this stage though.

Do ye think Ronnie started f**king about trying to play the safety game when well ahead. I think he won a frame doing it but he seems to play well when not overthinking it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on August 15, 2020, 09:26:52 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 15, 2020, 09:23:54 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 15, 2020, 09:08:57 PM
Mad.
He's definitely a rocket.
I'm thinking it's mind games (to him). He lost 2 in a row and thought, "fcuk ye, I'll do something unpredictable." It probably makes sense in his head but mad to everyone else.
Definitely mind games. He should have called it before the 7 point pen and a miss and still rattled on! He's a weird dude.

Rich Ricci

It's nearly uncomfortable to watch. The state he's in you just don't fancy him to pot any. If he gets out 10-7, he'll have done well..

ONeill

ONeill

Ronnie has evolved into Scrooge over 3 hrs.