snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

square_ball

quit yo jibbajabba

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Basically had a dig at Wilson racking up points via the miss rule earlier.

There's a big blow up coming from him soon. Has been acting the maggot all tournament. Madman snooker at times.

SHEEDY

Selby not happy, says ronnie being disrespectful. Probably was but that's ronnie being ronnie  :(
nil satis nisi optimum

ONeill

gallsman

What he say? If all he said was Ronnie was being disrespectful he wasn't wrong like.

ONeill

Surely you're entitled to play whatever way you want?

square_ball

Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2020, 10:27:49 PM
What he say? If all he said was Ronnie was being disrespectful he wasn't wrong like.

He benefited from Ronnie being 'disrespectful' by winning those few frames. I'd rather watch Ronnie smash the ball around the table a few times than look at Selby stand over a miss for more than minute knowing rightly he was going to put the balls back like he done in a earlier frame.

JPGJOHNNYG

It's not disrespectful it's a sign Ronnie was losing patience which was great news for Selby he just couldn't capitalise when it mattered. Ronnie missed so many long pots today but those last 3 frames were excellent and he deserved to win

sid waddell

Ah jaysus that was great. I only bet in tiny cash outlays but I would have bet a very large tiny cash outlay that at 16-14 and the way he was bashing the balls around, Ronnie was beaten all ends up.

The last three frames were glorious. I have not been remotely as tense and emotionally invested in any sporting event since sport started again as that last frame, and I might not be all year. It was a beautiful taste of normality but it was anything but normal, it was genius in action.

Selby's reaction in the interview only made it better.

ONeill

Quote from: sid waddell on August 14, 2020, 10:44:14 PM
Ah jaysus that was great. I only bet in tiny cash outlays but I would have bet a very large tiny cash outlay that at 16-14 and the way he was bashing the balls around, Ronnie was beaten all ends up.

The last three frames were glorious. I have not been remotely as tense and emotionally invested in any sporting event since sport started again as that last frame, and I might not be all year. It was a beautiful taste of normality but it was anything but normal, it was genius in action.

Selby's reaction in the interview only made it better.

Agree, feel drained.

Yer boy will probably hammer Ronnie (who needs to fcuk up about cue action).

ONeill

Another reason I'd have no sympathy for Selby is that there were occasions that he had a decent 60/40 chance on a pot but preferred the safety.

I know that's probably good snooker but fcuk that. Up the hoods. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: hardstation on August 14, 2020, 10:30:39 PM
Quote from: gallsman on August 14, 2020, 10:27:49 PM
Crying that any time he put him in a snooker, he was whacking them about at 100mph and they could have gone anywhere.

He's raging that the final time Ronnie did that, it landed sweetly, snookering Selby.

Emotions were high, he had Ronnie by the balls and the carpet was swept from under him. It's hard not to blame everything and anything after such a loss. It takes great mental capabilities to hold your head and say the right thing and be gracious. We've all been there.