snooker world championship

Started by anportmorforjfc, April 09, 2007, 01:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Has he money on himself to win? To lose? Both?

Orior

Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the position of the balls when Selby was potting the seventh red in the twenty ninth frame, was exactly the same as the position of the balls when Davis played Griffiths and Davis was potting the seventh red in the ninth frame of the third round match of the 1979 world championship? No?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

Quote from: Orior on May 01, 2017, 10:51:11 PM
Is it just me, or did anyone else notice that the position of the balls when Selby was potting the seventh red in the twenty ninth frame, was exactly the same as the position of the balls when Davis played Griffiths and Davis was potting the seventh red in the ninth frame of the third round match of the 1979 world championship? No?

Balls?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Higgins knew if he makes one mistake it's game over.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Are you Rain Man?!

ONeill

Was thinking about oul Griffiths and Werbenuik early. Great men. The former as slow as Bellew. The latter pissed. 

Rufus T Firefly

Probably been mentioned before, but the 'Jester From Leicester'? Jester suggests some form of fun, or are nicknames now solely based on finding a rhyming word with the place where you're from? 

BennyCake

A feckin' Tyronie behind the presentation!

ONeill

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on May 01, 2017, 11:08:27 PM
Probably been mentioned before, but the 'Jester From Leicester'? Jester suggests some form of fun, or are nicknames now solely based on finding a rhyming word with the place where you're from? 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/snooker/10817637/Mark-Selby-snookers-so-called-Jester-from-Leicester-is-having-a-laugh-with-his-nickname.html

Orior

Quote from: BennyCake on May 01, 2017, 10:57:30 PM

Are you Rain Man?!

I'm an excellent driver.

An Watcher

Not a big fan of Allen but hope he wins this tonight

Milltown Row2

I find his attitude has changed lately, last couple of years he's been more focused and this has been a decent run of form, though Wilson is no slouch either
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Orior

Quote from: An Watcher on January 21, 2018, 07:47:44 PM
Not a big fan of Allen but hope he wins this tonight

I know a few lads that play golf with Mark Allen. Seems a decent bloke, and good crack.

longballin

Wilson got very careless... is Allen's to lose now as they say. Good to see an Irish lad on the way to a major trophy in the tradition of Doherty, Taylor, Higgins...

bannside

I used to work in a shop in Antrim and Mark Allen's two uncles were regulars, and one day they brought this wee lad in who looked around six or seven, and told me this wee lad was their nephew and one say he would be world snooker champion.That was about 24 years ago and tonight they could be right.