Oscar Pistorius

Started by BennyHarp, February 14, 2013, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparently so

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 14, 2013, 11:10:49 AM
Strange how its acceptable to make jokes about a murder just because it has happened in another Country yet if someone on here even tries to discuss some murders that have happened in this Country there is a furore and threads are taken down etc.

Aye - no knee`d for it

BennyHarp

Quote from: Apparently so on February 14, 2013, 11:35:16 PM
Don`t think he has a leg to stand on here

This trial could run and run

This must be some sort of record, the same joke appearing three times in the first 2 pages of a thread.
That was never a square ball!!

Hardy

This joke could run and run.

nrico2006

Quote from: theskull1 on February 14, 2013, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 14, 2013, 01:47:05 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on February 14, 2013, 12:24:54 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 14, 2013, 11:10:49 AM
Strange how its acceptable to make jokes about a murder just because it has happened in another Country yet if someone on here even tries to discuss some murders that have happened in this Country there is a furore and threads are taken down etc.

Is it really that strange to you? Seriously?

Just don't get the double standards that you get on here, a few weeks ago a young Tyrone footballer is alleged to have murdered his father yet the thread was pulled.  Here we have a case where another fella who is alleged to have murdered his girlfriend yet the thread remains with the jokes intact.

Not saying that it should or should not have been pulled nicro ... thats another argument, but I can't believe you're struggling with the differences here.

Do you really think the families involves in this tragedy will ever visit the GAA board? There's the difference right there.

Not struggling with any differences, but whether the families of tragedy x or y chose to visit a certain website is their own prerogative but that shouldn't be a reason to remove a particular topic. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Shamrock Shore

I think he's being charged today.

And to think only 2 days ago he had the world at his....oh wait...

deiseach

Quote from: deiseach on February 14, 2013, 11:51:29 AM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2013, 11:34:59 AM
This will be a crazy trial.  I wonder will there be a Johnny Cochrane style figure who will come in and run the show.  It will definitely be a media led trial.

An additional element to this trial from the perspective of the media is that the late Reeva Steenkamp was rather pretty. We'll be seeing photos of her in gorgeous pouting mode on a near-daily basis. Grim stuff.

And lo! the Scum hasn't let me down with, as The Media Blog puts it, "an opportunity to perv". Anyone who thinks that rag has changed one jot since Hillsborough is deluded.

HiMucker

Apparently he shot her because she was lack-toes-intolerant

He has track record for this sort of thing

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: deiseach on February 15, 2013, 09:10:06 AM
This will be a crazy trial.  I wonder will there be a Johnny Cochrane style figure who will come in and run the show.  It will definitely be a media led trial.

An additional element to this trial from the perspective of the media is that the late Reeva Steenkamp was rather pretty. We'll be seeing photos of her in gorgeous pouting mode on a near-daily basis. Grim stuff.

And lo! the Scum hasn't let me down with, as The Media Blog puts it, "an opportunity to perv". Anyone who thinks that rag has changed one jot since Hillsborough is deluded.

And now it begins, I know it's the Scum but surely even they should have had more sense.  Cue the big hoking now for more stories by the gutter snipes.

Bingo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 15, 2013, 09:47:45 AM
Quote from: deiseach on February 15, 2013, 09:10:06 AM

And now it begins, I know it's the Scum but surely even they should have had more sense.  Cue the big hoking now for more stories by the gutter snipes.

They'd always "lead" the way in this type of reporting, they'll jump first and it gives the others leeway to follow suit.

give her dixie

Nike will regret this ad...

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

LeoMc

Quote from: give her dixie on February 15, 2013, 11:55:36 AM

Nike advertising must be cursed. From Sergei Bubka back in 1992 through to Tiger Woods their big names let them down.
No pressure Rory.

CorkMan

Said on the news that he shot her 4 times through the bathroom door.

NAG1

I know this is in another country and I know they will never read the Gaaboard but at the same time it is someone's life and death and to me that is not really a theme for people to be laughing at. But its all opinions on here and that is what makes it good.

Aristo 60

Quote from: give her dixie on February 15, 2013, 11:55:36 AM

Nike will be OK I'm sure. After all if they can sell shoes using the image of a man with no feet then I guess they can do pretty much anything.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: NAG1 on February 15, 2013, 01:26:47 PM
I know this is in another country and I know they will never read the Gaaboard but at the same time it is someone's life and death and to me that is not really a theme for people to be laughing at. But its all opinions on here and that is what makes it good.

+1
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001