5 (13.9%)
Down
5 (13.9%)
Armagh
10 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closes: April 27, 2024, 08:54:31 PM

Armagh18

If you think Rogers is better than Glass thats a fair opinion. Thats different than saying Glass isn't a top player. Saying Glass steps up in big monents in the last 10 minutes of games also isnt the same as saying he isn't influential for the first 50/60 minutes.

Anyway I'll let the Derry men defend him in future lol

tonto1888

Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 09:13:40 AMIf you think Rogers is better than Glass thats a fair opinion. Thats different than saying Glass isn't a top player. Saying Glass steps up in big monents in the last 10 minutes of games also isnt the same as saying he isn't influential for the first 50/60 minutes.

Glass is a top class operator. To say otherwise is wrong. He did looked jaded at the weekend though

thebigfullforward

Quote from: JoG2 on Today at 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: thebigfullforward on Today at 08:11:50 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 23, 2024, 10:34:46 PM
Quote from: thebigfullforward on April 23, 2024, 04:42:25 PM
Quote from: God14 on April 20, 2024, 10:22:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 08:13:38 PMJust goes to show anyone can beat anyone on the day. Harte is a stubborn f**ker though so I'd put money on Lynch pushing up the next day too! Not many teams have the midfield to dominate Glass!

Derry are a class side, I've no agenda here... But Conor Glass is so overrated it's unreal..another shocker performance, he saves his shockers for when Derry are in a tight spot too
I'd agree with that. Even from what I've seen at club level he's able to take it up a notch in the final 10 minutes but before that it doesn't feel like he's in the game. Seems to be the same at county level as well. Capable of a few big plays during a game but it doesn't feel like he's there consistently for 45/50 minutes

As a famous son of Derry once famously said.. 'youse boys no nothing about football'.
Do you think Conor Glass consistently impacts the game from start to finish? I don't. As I've said already he takes his game to another level in the last 10/15 minutes if needed but the rest of the game he isn't as influential as Rodgers is say

You can double down all you want but you are still talking out your hole. I've missed 1 Derry game in the last 2 years,caught a good few Glen games. I know it's a thing to reel against popular opinion etc these days but you'll be in a very very small minority who doesn't think Glass is a player at the very highest level, a rolls royce of a player. Glass is the real deal. The wee 10 mins at the end of games cameo from yourself deserves the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka meme more than any line I've heard in a while
I'm just giving my opinion mate. There's no need to be so upset about it. I know Glass is a top player, top 10 in the game right now no doubt. I just don't rate him as high as you do. Do you do this every time someone has an opinion you disagree with? "You're talking out of your hole. I'm right, you're wrong".

Tones

Quote from: thebigfullforward on Today at 09:22:45 AMI'm just giving my opinion mate. There's no need to be so upset about it. I know Glass is a top player, top 10 in the game right now no doubt. I just don't rate him as high as you do. Do you do this every time someone has an opinion you disagree with? "You're talking out of your hole. I'm right, you're wrong".

The answer to that is a resounding yes.

JoG2

Quote from: thebigfullforward on Today at 09:22:45 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on Today at 08:29:43 AM
Quote from: thebigfullforward on Today at 08:11:50 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 23, 2024, 10:34:46 PM
Quote from: thebigfullforward on April 23, 2024, 04:42:25 PM
Quote from: God14 on April 20, 2024, 10:22:49 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 20, 2024, 08:13:38 PMJust goes to show anyone can beat anyone on the day. Harte is a stubborn f**ker though so I'd put money on Lynch pushing up the next day too! Not many teams have the midfield to dominate Glass!

Derry are a class side, I've no agenda here... But Conor Glass is so overrated it's unreal..another shocker performance, he saves his shockers for when Derry are in a tight spot too
I'd agree with that. Even from what I've seen at club level he's able to take it up a notch in the final 10 minutes but before that it doesn't feel like he's in the game. Seems to be the same at county level as well. Capable of a few big plays during a game but it doesn't feel like he's there consistently for 45/50 minutes

As a famous son of Derry once famously said.. 'youse boys no nothing about football'.
Do you think Conor Glass consistently impacts the game from start to finish? I don't. As I've said already he takes his game to another level in the last 10/15 minutes if needed but the rest of the game he isn't as influential as Rodgers is say

You can double down all you want but you are still talking out your hole. I've missed 1 Derry game in the last 2 years,caught a good few Glen games. I know it's a thing to reel against popular opinion etc these days but you'll be in a very very small minority who doesn't think Glass is a player at the very highest level, a rolls royce of a player. Glass is the real deal. The wee 10 mins at the end of games cameo from yourself deserves the Gene Wilder Willy Wonka meme more than any line I've heard in a while
I'm just giving my opinion mate. There's no need to be so upset about it. I know Glass is a top player, top 10 in the game right now no doubt. I just don't rate him as high as you do. Do you do this every time someone has an opinion you disagree with? "You're talking out of your hole. I'm right, you're wrong".

:), I definitely don't, just the very odd time it's merited!

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on Today at 09:17:53 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on Today at 09:13:40 AMIf you think Rogers is better than Glass thats a fair opinion. Thats different than saying Glass isn't a top player. Saying Glass steps up in big monents in the last 10 minutes of games also isnt the same as saying he isn't influential for the first 50/60 minutes.

Glass is a top class operator. To say otherwise is wrong. He did looked jaded at the weekend though
Yeah he's one of my favourite players and in the top handful in the country. The man is bound to be burned out though, 2 all ireland semis with Derry and 2 all ireland finals with Glen with very little break. Tough going for anyone.

Itchy

I dont think Mickey Harte will be too upset that Derry are out of the Ulster. They have the medals from the last 2 years in their pockets. Its all about SAM for them now. They get a nice 4 week break to get themselves ready. I would not be writing them off at all.

Armagh18

Quote from: Itchy on Today at 10:24:41 AMI dont think Mickey Harte will be too upset that Derry are out of the Ulster. They have the medals from the last 2 years in their pockets. Its all about SAM for them now. They get a nice 4 week break to get themselves ready. I would not be writing them off at all.
Some egg on his chin if they end up losing in a quarter or semi final if they got a bad draw!

sensethetone

Quote from: Itchy on Today at 10:24:41 AMI dont think Mickey Harte will be too upset that Derry are out of the Ulster. They have the medals from the last 2 years in their pockets. Its all about SAM for them now. They get a nice 4 week break to get themselves ready. I would not be writing them off at all.

Who ever gets beaten this wknd will have a 3 week break and not be upset?

yellowcard

From a Derry perspective I don't think its a massive deal to give up an Ulster title if it means that they can regroup and prepare for a tilt at Sam Maguire. But Mickey Harte will definitely be disappointed on a personal level, after all he is there not for any great love of Derry but for personal achievement, the financial package and his legacy. They will be the team that every provincial winner will want to avoid in the group stages.

As for the Glass debate, watching the match on the TV doesn't actually do him justice in terms of performance. His positional play is second to none and he does a lot of off the ball work that is not the most glamorous to watch but is highly effective for his team. Plus he can play football when needed to as well. He is definitely not a moments player as someone suggested earlier, in fact anything but.     

tintin25

This

They'll still be there come the semi finals I reckon

p3427977

Will they definitely be playing in 4 weeks or could it be 5?