The smell of turf,porridge, tweed and prayer

Started by Peter Solan the Great, March 16, 2011, 11:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Solan the Great

Good auld Mayo. Factual report from Marie Louise O'Donnell on Inda Kinny's home coming to Castlebar.

I knew I was in the West because I got a seat up on the balcony looking down on the sea of people you had that kind of whiff of human haze of the West of Ireland.

The smell of turf and porridge and tweed and prayer and the clothes and the jackets and the huge mass of people.

And a kind of hue of them like you would get at a big country Mass, all standing around ready for Enda to come in.

And you know you're in the West as well, they have great wonderful wide faces, sparkly eyes and thick wiry hair and kind of big ears, bright dancing eyes and great Mayo tones and great manners and great strength.

Would you look at the cut of them. Your man with the bouquet of flowers for Inda is very cute.

spuds

Thats what blueshirts look like all over the country, shower of c**ts

Yer one under Inda's oxter is freaking me out, feels like she can see me online.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Fear ón Srath Bán

He (Indah) is in need of a tailor with a sharper eye (and a better measuring tape for trousers).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

What the feck is yer man beside the handshaker doing with his tongue?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrones own

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2011, 12:52:24 AM
Dunno but yer wan to his left looks like shes about to put it back in where it belongs with the point of her elbow
or is that elbow growing out of the lad in front of hims neck... hard to know, it is Mayo after all  :-X
And even taking in to consideration that it is Mayo, what kind of a clift would arrive on with a bunch of fecking flowers for another man  :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

mannix

Enda is in charge now, so sit down and shut up.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on March 17, 2011, 12:52:24 AM

I think it is Liam Sheedy, ex Tipp manager.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mylestheslasher

We get it Peter, you hate Mayo and Mayo people. Thats great. We are also aware now of your huge intellect and wit in rising people. Any chance you could move on to your next hobby and leave this board in peace?

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 17, 2011, 08:46:01 AM
We get it Peter, you hate Mayo and Mayo people. Thats great. We are also aware now of your huge intellect and wit in rising people. Any chance you could move on to your next hobby and leave this board in peace?

Sure arent I from Mayo.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on March 17, 2011, 09:49:34 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 17, 2011, 08:46:01 AM

Sure arent I from Mayo.

Really? I thought you were more likely to be from some far distant more evolved planet given the huge range of your knowledge and wit.

omagh_gael

Is that the bould Jerome Quinn just behind your man shaking Enda's hand?

lawnseed

you beat me to it peter, begorra! you have to laugh at this. reminds me of a disco i went to in bandon couldnt believe the height of the people i'm 5'8 and i felt like a miget ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

muppet

We can take the piss out of ourselves far better than the man who makes fun of tragedies.

Here are the Hardy Bucks talking about St. Patricks' Day: http://www.youtube.com/rte
MWWSI 2017

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: muppet on March 17, 2011, 12:29:14 PM
We can take the piss out of ourselves far better than the man who makes fun of tragedies.

Here are the Hardy Bucks talking about St. Patricks' Day: http://www.youtube.com/rte

People laugh at you not with you.

Oh by the way