Depression

Started by Eamonnca1, October 25, 2013, 09:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

World Mental Health Day today
#Glitch

an interesting article here on the different forms depression can take

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/world-mental-health-day-what-are-dangers-high-functioning-depression-anxiety-1585154

look out for each other folks
Talk to someone

www.samaritans.org
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Red Hand Man

That's what it feels like. Good luck to this girl. Great performance.

stew

All the best red hand man, I am pulling for you sir.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: Red Hand Man on November 27, 2016, 11:27:09 PM
That's what it feels like. Good luck to this girl. Great performance.

Singer-songwriter and guitarist who competed on season 9 of America's Got Talent, finishing as a quarter-finalist. She is wildly popular on Vine where she has over 2.3 million followers. She was diagnosed with anxiety and depression when she was 14 years old but overcame her afflictions to perform on America's Got Talent. She is also popular on YouTube surpassing 300,000 YouTube subscribers in February 2016. She is from Chapel Hill, North Carolina and has two brothers and one half-sister. She began dating fellow web video star James Francis in 2014. She and Tyler Ward sang together in an acoustic cover of the Ed Sheeran song "Photograph."

Red Hand Man

Quote from: stew on November 28, 2016, 06:53:58 AM
All the best red hand man, I am pulling for you sir.

Thanks Stew. I appreciate that. Thankfully I'm doing ok this last couple of weeks, having been through a horrendous time before that. Thanks for your post. 👍

muppet

This might make someone smile:

MWWSI 2017

illdecide

Hi guys...hope some of you can give me some advice.

I have a friend who i think is very depressed, he's not taking calls or texts atm and is off work. He told me last week he was not sleeping at night and had got pills from Doctor to help him sleep. My other bud called around to see him (after me telling him the craic) but he didn't answer the door (my bud said he seen the light going off as he knocked on the door). My question is how do i approach this...? (he has had his fair share of bad luck and incidents over the last year or two)

Do i call?
Do i approach someone in his family?
Should i leave him alone and give him his space?

I know nothing about depression only from reading a few posts on here so please forgive my ignorance on the subject but i'd appreciate your help and advice so i know how to handle this.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

muppet

Quote from: illdecide on December 16, 2016, 12:24:58 PM

I have a friend who i think is very depressed, he's not taking calls or texts atm and is off work. He told me last week he was not sleeping at night and had got pills from Doctor to help him sleep. My other bud called around to see him (after me telling him the craic) but he didn't answer the door (my bud said he seen the light going off as he knocked on the door). My question is how do i approach this...? (he has had his fair share of bad luck and incidents over the last year or two)

Do i call?

I know nothing about depression only from reading a few posts on here so please forgive my ignorance on the subject but i'd appreciate your help and advice so i know how to handle this.

That is a tough one.

Best of luck with it, hopefully it works out ok.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Do i call?

Ask the family
He might not want to see people

AZOffaly

I'd ring one of the Depression helplines and ask them. Not being smart, but they are the best people to advise friends and family on situations like this.

Red Hand Man

I've sent you a PM. 👍

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

J70

Do i call?

I would make sure the family knows your concerns at least.

Not sure there's much you could do beyond that, especially if he won't respond to your calls or texts and won't answer the door.