Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 24, 2019, 11:46:14 PM
I'd love to know how many posters actually watched some of the game. Not many I'd bet. United were shocking unlucky today. They doidn't play badly, missed a penalty (how many times do you see a penalty hit the insdie of the post and go wide the far side???), got rode by the ref/VAR on a certain red card, another penalty and James booking as mentioned (missed the Zaha incident myself). Maguire was out of position slighlty for the first goal covering Shaw as Shaw was hobbling trying to run off an injury (came straight off when goals was scored) and DeGea had a howler for their second. Yes, should be doing more with the possession but United clearly deserved to win this game and were just unfortunate. Freakish circumstances. Very disappointing but no need to lose the head.

Needs to stop playing Lingard. And in home games where you have a lot of possession Mata needs to play.
I only watched the last 10 or 15 minutes but that did not look like a United team in the hunt for a winner with the zeal of a hungry bear savaging tourists for nourishment (and amusement).

gawa316

So is the 90 point target with the couple of signings still on the cards or is it down to 87 now?

nrico2006

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 24, 2019, 11:46:14 PM
I'd love to know how many posters actually watched some of the game. Not many I'd bet. United were shocking unlucky today. They doidn't play badly, missed a penalty (how many times do you see a penalty hit the insdie of the post and go wide the far side???), got rode by the ref/VAR on a certain red card, another penalty and James booking as mentioned (missed the Zaha incident myself). Maguire was out of position slighlty for the first goal covering Shaw as Shaw was hobbling trying to run off an injury (came straight off when goals was scored) and DeGea had a howler for their second. Yes, should be doing more with the possession but United clearly deserved to win this game and were just unfortunate. Freakish circumstances. Very disappointing but no need to lose the head.

Needs to stop playing Lingard. And in home games where you have a lot of possession Mata needs to play.

But the fact remains that our midfield lacks creativity the past few years and we hardly score goals. What was done to resolve these obvious issues? Sell midfielder's and main striker to further weaken those already weak areas and buy nobody. End result is drawing with Wolves and losing to Palace.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

snoopdog

We all knew how difficult this season was going to be after a poor transfer window. Top 4 was always the target. A  big win over a very naieve chelsea raised false hopes.  Wolves shouldve been beaten. But yesterday will be common this season . Teams will come to OT and put everyone behind the ball and utd will seriously struggle to create chances.
Yesterday you couldnt fault commitment but there was no creativity. McTominay offers little lingard shouldnt be near the starting 11. Pogba needs space to run into . No other options up front to change things. Gonna be a long season. The balancing the books by glazers and a lot of poor signings have us where we are today. Its a long way out of it. With Shaw out we now turn back to ashley young and that says it all .  I fear ole will become another casulty of woodward. A director of football will make no diff under the current ownership . Will just be another puppet. Fans need to start showing their anger towards the ownership vocally at games. But at 3 or 4 billion who could afford to buy those pricks out.

BennyCake

Shows how much I've been paying attention, but are United in Europe this season?

gawa316

Quote from: BennyCake on August 27, 2019, 01:17:04 PM
Shows how much I've been paying attention, but are United in Europe this season?

Europa

under the bar

If I'm not mistaken weren't you the Manu authority on DDG last season? Now you don't even know whether the team are in Europe?? Gtf please

BennyCake

Quote from: under the bar on August 27, 2019, 09:31:44 PM
If I'm not mistaken weren't you the Manu authority on DDG last season? Now you don't even know whether the team are in Europe?? Gtf please

Well, whenever it was clear qualification for the CL was out the window, I'd say it wasn't only me who lost interest in whether Europa League qualification was secured. I mean, a further 75 matches trekking around the likes of Kazakhstan, Tibet and Southern Yemen is hardly any fun, is it?

And what has DDG got to do with it anyway?

From the Bunker

Record of Managers after first 32 Games

Jose Mourinho – W21 D6 L5 – Win rate 65.6 per cent
David Moyes – W18 D6 L8 – Win rate 56.3 per cent
Louis van Gaal – W17 D9 L6 – Win rate 53.1 per cent
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – W17 D5 L10 – Win rate 53.1 per cent.
Sir Alex Ferguson – W12 D11 L9 – Win rate 37.5 per cent

https://talksport.com/football/593040/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-record-compare-alex-ferguson-david-moyes-jose-mourinho/

gawa316

Sanchez away to Inter on loan. How much of his wages will utd still pay as no way Inter can afford 400k odd a week?

gallsman

United paying €18m of his €23m salary.

NAG1

Quote from: gallsman on August 28, 2019, 09:34:21 AM
United paying €18m of his €23m salary.

Strange that they would go this far to get him out the door with the squad so light, Ole obviously had no intention of using him in a meaningful way. Means that he has no option but to really use Greenwood and push him into real action.

Also interesting to see if they are clearing the decks to bring in a big replacement, either in January or next summer.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 28, 2019, 12:08:34 AM

https://talksport.com/football/593040/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-record-compare-alex-ferguson-david-moyes-jose-mourinho/

Time will judge Mourinho as a success at United.

He'll be the best manager they could have had.

He just comes with tremendous baggage (when he doesn't get his way).

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 28, 2019, 09:42:50 AM

It won't. He came second and won a few worthless trophies. That's not a success.

magpie seanie

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 28, 2019, 09:42:50 AM

Laughable. The guy absolutely wrecked the club. Made a bad situation much, much worse. The fact that he hasn't got another job shows that people in the game realise he's basically a disease.