Leinster Senior Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, November 18, 2016, 01:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

They were a one man team that day and they're a one man team today. I'm going to end my exchanges with you Ballyroan by asking you this question. Do you think the panel that Creedon has available to him is good enough to be a Division 2 team?

town1980

High fielder I'm asking you who was the last club team to beat Arles Killeen apart from portlaoise????????

High Fielder

I haven't a clue. Your question is designed to put Killeen in a good light. I don't rate Killeen. I don't rate Stradbally and for what it's worth, I think Portlaoise dropped the ball in a big way by not winning 10 in a row in a piss poor county. There is little if no talent coming out of Laois at the moment. We can't tackle, we can't defend and we don't like hard work. In short, we are wasting our time. You and your buddy blame Creedon for all this, which to me is a joke. Do you know why Portlaoise players swerve the county set up? Can you tell me who is meant to replace them? And should we place the same expectations on players even though we know they are inferior from the get go? Look closer to home if you want to know why Laois is REALLY failing as a county.

town1980

I like the way you said you haven't a clue ,, in Leinster club championship portlaoise we're mostly beaten by Dublin teams who had a load of imported county players other than that they would have had a hat of Leinster crowns,,, you think our club foootball is bad? Go to an Offaly Kildare Wexford Meath club game there all poor,,, there is players in every county ,,, Meath beat Laois by 20-25 points in 2002,,2003 we win Leinster 2004 unlucky 2005 unlucky 20007 best team won,,, same players so yes high fielder you haven't a clue

High Fielder

And how many Portlaoise players are on the county panel?

town1980

High Fielder

Exactly. 3. Two subs and a goalie. How can a team as dominant as Portlaoise not have at least one outfield starter on the Laois team? Something badly wrong there don't you think? You and Ballyroan just love analysing things without facts. And these are the facts town180.

town1980

Is that  not a management issue??? Dillon for me ide start yes,, Lilis is hurt at the minute with his ankle and is he good enough to start i  have my doubts... cahaline does not want to commit Conor Boyle is up in Dundalk has played fek all league games it's his club and Healy is hurling so,,, tell me
Who else is good enough to play senior inter COUNTY in that club????????

High Fielder

Ha ha. You keep tripping yourself up. You're basically saying that the most dominant team in Laois has nothing much to offer the county. That Peter Creedon is some bollix alright. Enjoy your football lad. You're not my cup of tea but Ballyroan Abu and yourself, assuming you're not friends or related already, will make good buddies

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on April 22, 2017, 02:02:29 PM
Quote from: SCFC on April 22, 2017, 12:12:50 PM
Ewan McKenna who wrote that is a Kildare c*** who hates Laois so I'm not sure it's unbiased.
The same Ewan Mckenna who now resides in Brazil this week wrote a damning article about his own town , Athy and got slated for it locally.So anything he writes about laois is always tinged with an underlying hatred and jealously of laois people.
And spends his days getting into twitter rages with random sports people. An odd individual.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: High Fielder on April 22, 2017, 08:35:21 PM
I haven't a clue. Your question is designed to put Killeen in a good light. I don't rate Killeen. I don't rate Stradbally and for what it's worth, I think Portlaoise dropped the ball in a big way by not winning 10 in a row in a piss poor county. There is little if no talent coming out of Laois at the moment. We can't tackle, we can't defend and we don't like hard work. In short, we are wasting our time. You and your buddy blame Creedon for all this, which to me is a joke. Do you know why Portlaoise players swerve the county set up? Can you tell me who is meant to replace them? And should we place the same expectations on players even though we know they are inferior from the get go? Look closer to home if you want to know why Laois is REALLY failing as a county.

Can you tell me a club team in Leinster you do rate outside of Dublin so we can get a comparison.

High Fielder

I've a better idea Ballyroan. Let's just leave it. We don't agree. We're never likely to agree, and people probably just want to talk about the team. You and town are right about everything you say. We should burn Peter Creedon at the stake and Padraig Clancy should get the job immediately. Thank you both for showing us the light.

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on April 22, 2017, 09:39:30 PM
Quote from: The Monument Road on April 22, 2017, 02:02:29 PM
Quote from: SCFC on April 22, 2017, 12:12:50 PM
Ewan McKenna who wrote that is a Kildare c*** who hates Laois so I'm not sure it's unbiased.
The same Ewan Mckenna who now resides in Brazil this week wrote a damning article about his own town , Athy and got slated for it locally.So anything he writes about laois is always tinged with an underlying hatred and jealously of laois people.
And spends his days getting into twitter rages with random sports people. An odd individual.
Odd is kind. He's deranged.

BallyroanAbu

But just for arguments sake can you name a club you admire outside of Dublin in Leinster to get a feel for how bad the players are in Laois.

I don't think we have particularly bad players I just think the overall strategy behind football development and preparation (if we have one) is dreadful.

I am open to any young Laois Man getting the job not particularly tied to anyone.   

Creedon is been paid which has sucked money from everywhere else as well as this to add insult to injury he has probably lost us quite abit in revenue as nobody is going to bothered going to Laois Matches except the die hards.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on April 22, 2017, 11:58:08 PM
Creedon is been paid which has sucked money from everywhere else as well as this to add insult to injury he has probably lost us quite abit in revenue as nobody is going to bothered going to Laois Matches except the die hards.

This is it.
You can be sure he is being well remunerated, along with his own extensive backroom team.

Meanwhile the overall problems with Laois football are not being addressed. Some extra money to spend on projects related to this would be handy!
We were told that this appointment would prove good value as it would be one that influence all facets of Laois football. He doesn't even appear to be doing the primary role of his job particularly well.

If we are shite anyway, well then stop wasting money on Creedon and his band of helpers. Give it to someone cheaper from within Laois and use the money saved to develop from the bottom up.
We can't exactly fall any further.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......