Player Opt outs for 2020 season

Started by rodney trotter, November 15, 2019, 07:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Good luck to Cathal and any other individuals who head to Aussie Rules.Its a great opportunity to live a professional life style.

tyrone08

Quote from: Taylor on January 02, 2020, 08:57:57 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on January 02, 2020, 08:54:52 AM
Its 100% true. Harte is finished and sadly his reign will end in tears. He can put whatever spin he wants on it but things are not good in the background and it will fall to pieces early next year. He has lost players, supporters, clubs, sponsors (apart from his buddies).

Cathal done the right thing. A gentleman and all the best to him. Hopefully we can get him and mc kenna back in 2 years under a new management

Regardless of your feelings towards Harte do you think a new manager will have any impact on either of the players coming back?

Players generally want to play attacking exciting football. I suspect there isn't too many players in the entire country who would be excited to play in the current Tyrone set up.

redhandefender

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 02, 2020, 09:42:20 AM
McKenna is unproven at club senior never mind county senior surely? I know people some blame Harte for a lot in Tyrone but sometimes it is very hard to see the rationale... McKenna was about 17 when he left. Why would he have left because of Harte??

I did not blame harte for mckenna going. But there certainly at the minute is nothing there to entice him back. The entire county knows the whole thing has gone stale and no one wants to work with harte.

A new manager the likes of Logan, Dooher and Canavan could inspire a lot more players, supporters, clubs and sponsors back on board. Are you actually from Tyrone? IF not I would seriously doubt you know what is going on in garvaghey. McKenna would be a fantastic addition as well.

regal

Nobody can blame the lad if he wants he head away. Best of luck to him if he gets selected.

Regarding Tyrone, I don't think his possible departure will have a massive impact on them. Tyrone are going nowhere even with mcshane in their ranks or with a new manager. They would need to unearth 3/4 county forwards (darragh canavan may well be one of them) to have a chance of competing for an all ireland in the next 4/5 years.

They are painful to watch, must be painful to play for and must be painful to support.

imtommygunn

Quote from: redhandefender on January 02, 2020, 10:47:28 AM
McKenna is unproven at club senior never mind county senior surely? I know people some blame Harte for a lot in Tyrone but sometimes it is very hard to see the rationale... McKenna was about 17 when he left. Why would he have left because of Harte??

I did not blame harte for mckenna going. But there certainly at the minute is nothing there to entice him back. The entire county knows the whole thing has gone stale and no one wants to work with harte.

A new manager the likes of Logan, Dooher and Canavan could inspire a lot more players, supporters, clubs and sponsors back on board. Are you actually from Tyrone? IF not I would seriously doubt you know what is going on in garvaghey. McKenna would be a fantastic addition as well.

Thankfully not ;D

I don't know anything about Garvaghy but sometimes it feels a bit over the top the criticism Harte gets. I would say it is near time he goes but it's all got very personal with him.

I think Tyrone will get a good bit worse if he goes though possibly longer term may get better too.

redhandefender

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 02, 2020, 11:35:08 AM

Thankfully not ;D

I don't know anything about Garvaghy but sometimes it feels a bit over the top the criticism Harte gets. I would say it is near time he goes but it's all got very personal with him.

I think Tyrone will get a good bit worse if he goes though possibly longer term may get better too.

Personal, you really don't know whats going on behind the scenes fella so maybe don't comment on that aspect. There might be a dip but it needs a fresh approach.

southtyronegael

Tyrone at the top is rotten to the core at the minute and it all down to hartes power trip. Nothing to say a change of manager wouldn't give the county a huge boost and push them on further.

Taylor

McShane or McKenna going had absolutely nothing to do with Harte feck sake.

People using this to have a shot at Harte is ridiculous. There are problems no doubt in the set up but these lads have the chance to play ball professionally

rodney trotter

Apparently McShane was offered improved financial offer, from what was previously offered. He was a All Star in 2019 and adjusting well to Full Forward,  it would probaly would have been a big decision to for him to leave.

The Tyrone posters slating Harte for him going, would  want to wise up.

imtommygunn

Quote from: redhandefender on January 02, 2020, 11:50:17 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 02, 2020, 11:35:08 AM

Thankfully not ;D

Personal, you really don't know whats going on behind the scenes fella so maybe don't comment on that aspect. There might be a dip but it needs a fresh approach.

Ah right sorry. Ok say whatever you like about the man's character etc :o

McShane massive loss to Tyrone. He was turning into a great player. Some of the best movement I'd ever seen in FF.

Itchy

Not a big Micky Harte fan but I find this conversation odd. To Blame Harte for him going to play professionally yet I see no one giving Harte credit for turning a midfielder into one of the countries best Full Forwards in 12 months?

yellowcard

I agree that anyone blaming Harte on this most likely already has an agenda against him and are just using it as another stick with which to beat him. I say that as no fan of Mickey Harte either. McShane is fairly old to be taking up an entirely new sport and I wouldn't imagine he would be on big money going out initially unless and until he proves that he can adapt to the sport. That said you couldn't blame him for giving it a go, he would probably always regret it if he didn't at least try it. Huge blow for Tyrone county side since they aren't exactly loaded with prolific marksmen.

southtyronegael

I don't think anyone is directly blaming harte for Mc Shane leaving but alot of other men have walked too. Peter Donnelly, Stevie o Neill, John devine, Conor Mc aliskey, that's on top of the lads who left last year so definitely a problem with harte and most people in Tyrone know it at this stage.

redhandefender

Once again, see above, harte has absolutely nothing to do with mckenna or mcshane going, AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID! My comment was that we are now in serious serious trouble and mcshane leaving has severly added to a lot of problems harte has created for himself.

Clowns jumping on the last message!

imtommygunn