Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 14, 2023, 11:58:19 AM
I'm not sure the Nicola Gallaghers article will do much for her kids

Staying silent probably wouldn't have done much for them in the long run either.

At least her going public might offer support and inspiration for others not to suffer in silence.

Saffrongael

Quote from: J70 on May 14, 2023, 12:06:36 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on May 14, 2023, 11:58:19 AM
I'm not sure the Nicola Gallaghers article will do much for her kids

Staying silent probably wouldn't have done much for them in the long run either.

At least her going public might offer support and inspiration for others not to suffer in silence.

I'm talking specifically about the newspaper article today, not bringing this into the open
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

giveballaghback

Gallagher took the Derry team meeting yesterday morning in Owenbeg, I have this from a very reliable source,
So much for stepping aside never mind stepping back. Says it all really.

Itchy

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 14, 2023, 12:26:55 PM
Gallagher took the Derry team meeting yesterday morning in Owenbeg, I have this from a very reliable source,

If true that is outrageous

Saffrongael

Quote from: Itchy on May 14, 2023, 12:34:09 PM

You will be outraged no matter what, but will move quickly on to the next outrage I'm guessing
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

blasmere

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 14, 2023, 12:40:36 PM

You will be outraged no matter what, but will move quickly on to the next outrage I'm guessing

Don't be a tit. If he has taken this team meeting allied to the fact that Nicolas father's email to the Derry county board warning about him was ignored (& not being shared with other cb members) this reflects very badly on those at the top of the Derry county board.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Sportacus

It seems the most angry people on this thread are the ones who want to shut down the discussion about how Derry CB should handle this.  I can't see what the problem is with discussing the ins and outs - there are major reputation stakes here for everyone.  If there was a separate thread there'd be people complaining about that too.

On the football front hopefully the game will be a cracker.  If Armagh click they'll win is my tuppence.

Itchy

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 14, 2023, 12:40:36 PM

Antrims own macho man showing zero respect to women. What a hero.

Derryman forever

Not true.
Ciaran meenagh took it.

Mods, you really need to start calling out this bullshit

Milltown Row2

Good article above... Blessed to never see in both my own parents or in my marriage. My sister had a touch of it in her first relationship. Minor coercive stuff but I'm sure it would have got worse had it continued.

Going back to others talking taking matters into your own hands, my dad was annoyed we didn't head over and give the lad a bit of a slap, the reality is ending up with a conviction is not worth it in the long run and while justice would have been sweet at the time it's not the smart thing to do.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LeoMc

Anyone got a total of the aggregate winning margin across the Provincial finals so far. It must be hovering around 50 points after the Leinster final.

Whatever the backstory, at least Ulster will give us a real game and that aggregate will not increase by more than a few.

Blowitupref

Enda McGinley on RTE a few moments ago reckons Derry have already reached their celling would you agree? Sell out final with a little under 29k expected, capacity restricted on previous years.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU