Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Some score line with the game 30 mins old.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

new devil

Quote from: hardstation on October 21, 2008, 08:04:00 PM
The first time I was ever at Old Trafford, they bate Man Utd 1 nil.

Let me guess...1998,overmars??

hitzelsperger

Quote from: new devil on October 22, 2008, 01:54:36 AM

to win the league  ;D

Dinny Breen

Quoteet me guess...1998,overmars??

Happy days.....

Great result and a win in the next round could ensuire qualification. The Turks were fairly poor defensively, how Roberto Carlos's star has fallen..
#newbridgeornowhere

YogiBear

Good performance going forward last night but very very poor in defence.  We have no chance of winning anything this year with no enforcer in midfield and a decent centre half who is a bit of a savage but sure we have known that for three years and wenger does nothing really pissed of with him now thinks it time for him to move up stairs as director of football and let a young manager in who will spend like a David Moyes type.  Silvestre looks to have lost 5 yards of pace since his manure days. Diaby was impressive though would like to see him in for Denilson for a few games.

new devil

Quote from: hitzelsperger on October 22, 2008, 05:42:27 AM
Quote from: new devil on October 22, 2008, 01:54:36 AM

to win the league  ;D
[/quote

Yea was that the game..Father nearly got killed for celebrating when Arsenal scored....I would of helped them that day to  >:(

ONeill

First big game of the season tonight. When the fixtures first came out, it was feasible to believe that Arsenal would be sitting on full points (27) when meeting Spurs. Out of the 9 games played so far, they'll dropped points in three: Hull, Fulham and and Sunderland. It was the easiest start to a season in living memory but to gather 19 points from 27 is disappointing given all the tough games are about to arrive thick and fast: Spurs tonight, Utd on the 8th and Chelsea on the 30th with the likes of Villa and City in between.

Tonight is tough given the circumstances but Arsenal are a much better side and playing at home should be enough to see the three points in the bank. He has been rotating the strikeforce in recent games, with Adebayor rested for most of the West Ham game, RVP before that and Walcott as well. I'd settle for:

Almunia,
Sagna, Gallas, Toure, Clichy,
Walcott  Fabregas, Diaby, Nasri
Adebayor Van Persie

In terms of what AW's thinking, Silvestre seems to be getting the nod over Toure recently and maybe Denilson ahead of Diaby.

Sink the Yids.

YogiBear

Cant wait for this game tonight anything less than a convincing win will be unacceptable.  It may be a derby but the spuds are bottom of the league for a reason because they are worst team in the league.  There is also the small matter of revenge for the Carling cup last year which Adebayor talks about in the Mirror this morning.  He says he has scored 7 goals against spuds in six games and would love if it was 10 in seven games after tonight thats the spirit.
On a side issue I have a sneaky feeling oul donkey might mastermind a first defeat for Liverpool tonight which would really leave us right back in the mix even after such a poor start.

ONeill

Bentley screamer 0-1.

Spurs on top in general.

ONeill

ONeill

H-T 1-1.

Spurs working hard and deserved to take the lead. One hell of a strike from Bentley; the sort of goal regularly scored against Arsenal this season. However, after the goal the Gunners really turned the screw and pinned Spuds back for the guts of 25 minutes solid before Silvestre nodded in from their 290th corner. The final 5 mins or so were simply played out with Arsenal taking a breather and Spurs refusing to attack.

Walcott has been lively but extremely frustrating. His final pass/shot taking can be chronic at times, but at least he's still looking for the ball. RVP has been disastrous again. Hard to justify his starting place at the minute and has that disinterested appearance again. Fabregas is a delight to watch. Towards the end of the half, Spurs stopped even attempting to dispossess him. His control on the ball is something else and he's trying to probe an opening. Walcott's looking like the only outlet but as we know Adebayor can be dangerous. Nasri is also seeing a lot of the ball a la Fabregas and is putting in a decent display as is Sagna, Clichy and Fishface.

Spurs are parking the bus. They don't seem to have much pace in order to hurt Clichy and Sagna on the break though thon big fella up front seems to have put the willies up Almunia. He's punching everything.

ONeill

ONeill

Jays thon's a serious facial twitch Redknapp has. Adebayor had a gilt-edged chance to bury the game.....