Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Senderos leaves for Milan

By Jonathan Chong on Monday, August 25, 2008
Defender Philippe Senderos has joined AC Milan on a one-year loan deal.

The Swiss international had fallen down the pecking order at the Emirates with the signing of former Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre.

Senderos' career at Arsenal began as one of the more promising centre-backs in the world, but he failed to establish himself in the first team and made some costly errors.

He joins midfielder Mathieu Flamini, and the Italian club have the option of making the deal permanent with an agreed fee next summer.

hitzelsperger

Im very worried how our season will pan out now, no additions to a squad that is severely lacking in midfield and defense...i trust arsene's judgement...just :S

Uladh

Fantastic man of the mach performance from gilberto silva over the weekend anchoring the brazilian midfield in a their must win wc qualifier against chile.

ONeill

The next time Arsenal are drawn against Chile, we'll fairly regret it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Another sign that when Arsenal are at full strength, there are few teams that'll match them. With Rosicky and Eduardo coming back before the end of the year and if RVP and Fabregas can stay injury free, there's nothing this side cannot achieve.

ildanach

game tonight is a bit stop start. i would take a point at this stage although, 3 are definately there for the taking
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

The Real Laoislad

I like the new Arse away jersey
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ONeill

The jersey commemorates the Anfield '89 game.

Nervy today. Gallas has a knack of popping up with those type of match-saving goals. RVP on the wing didn't work. Although Walcott didn't see much play, he again never wasted a ball (19/19 were the stats I think). Still no wins out that part of the globe.

Amazed to see Wenger there after he buried his father yesterday.

ildanach

Quote from: ONeill on September 18, 2008, 12:20:23 AM

just shows his dedication. He was very animated at the end with the 4th offical and the ref. He said it was over the added time (or lack of it). i thought it would have been over the penalty. Your man had hold of sagna jersey and just pulled them both down and the ref bought it.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Dinny Breen

Very soft penalty but worrying that Sagna was isolated on his own in that situation. Controlled possesion well and created chances, will be a tight group but as long as the Goons win their home games I think that point will ensure qualification.
#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

Aye I was thinking it was from that season
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

Nervy today. Gallas has a knack of popping up with those type of match-saving goals. RVP on the wing didn't work. Although Walcott didn't see much play, he again never wasted a ball (19/19 were the stats I think). Still no wins out that part of the globe.

Never heard that. Was it in the media?

A point away in Russia is a decent enough point IMHO.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 18, 2008, 05:09:20 PM

Never heard that. Was it in the media?

have dynamo kiev moved to the russian league??

A point away in Russia is a decent enough point IMHO.

The Watcher Pat

That fat c**t Davies!!  If i ever got near him he wouldn't put in a tackle like that......If you cant play football then Fu*k off!!!

Really annoyed about that!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

3-1. Seem to have overcome the northern effect. Great cameo appearance from Walcott - the man is starting to deliver.