Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Real1995

Wenger has ruled out buying another striker which is fair enuf but we are crying out fore a central defender and central midfielder.....hav 2 admit i would b v temped wit Barry.......vela looks an exciting prospect.....
Nice guys always finish second!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: ildanach on July 31, 2008, 01:21:18 PM
very nice of spurs to give us six million euro. our share of the bentley transfer from blackburn to them! ;D

must be great to have your biggest rivals setting your transfer budget for the summer  ;D
Its Grim up North

ONeill

Quote from: An Fear Rua on August 01, 2008, 09:41:18 AM
Quote from: ildanach on July 31, 2008, 01:21:18 PM
very nice of spurs to give us six million euro. our share of the bentley transfer from blackburn to them! ;D

must be great to have your biggest rivals setting your transfer budget for the summer  ;D

Biggest rivals?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Real1995

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has rejected reports linking Philippe Senderos with a move to Newcastle.

Weekend reports suggested Newcastle were lining up a move for Senderos and could even offer Shay Given in a swap deal.

Wenger, though, has rubbished the rumours and says he has no plans to sell the Swiss international.

Asked if he had heard anything from Newcastle about Senderos, Wenger told Sky Sports News: "Nothing, no.

"I will not react because we want to keep our best players. ::)
Nice guys always finish second!

hitzelsperger

is wenger having a laugh when he says Send-him-home is one of our best players? :o

this man has my heart in mouth every time he comes near to the ball or another player... how he has lasted this long is beyond me!

on another note this young wilshire lad seems to be the real deal, hopefully wenger gives him time to come thru instead of playing him too early..but dont worry i trust AW's judgement (despite the senderos comment)

ildanach

Quote from: Real1995 on August 04, 2008, 09:39:19 PM
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has rejected reports linking Philippe Senderos with a move to Newcastle.

Weekend reports suggested Newcastle were lining up a move for Senderos and could even offer Shay Given in a swap deal.

please let it be true!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

About to start v Huddersfield.

Fabianski
J.Hoyte G.Hoyte Djourou Gibbs
Lansbury Randall Ramsey Wilshere
Walcott Vela

Didn't ge to see the weekend tournament. Heard Wilshire put in another decent display.

ONeill

Gunners getting a bit of a spanking at the minute, 2-0 down to Ajax at half time. Does not bode well.

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

1-1 draw with Seville tonight, winning that tournament again. Despite being relatively outplayed, Arsenal's side had an average age of 19.5 against the Spaniards' full team. Remarkable.

galwayman

Ye could do with buying a central midfielder lads? I read that Arsenal have been linked with Yaya Toure of Barca. I saw him play against Inter last summer (albeit in a friendly) and thought he looked a very good player. I had never heard of him before that game but he did look impressive.Scored a cracking goal as well.
Not an Gooner myself but In fairness Arsenal are a joy to watch.Play lovely stuff.

ONeill

Unfortunately, we'll play lovely stuff again - the sort of total football stuff they talk about - and will probably put on major performances in the CL but, again, Arsenal still need a break-yer-legs competitor to win the League.

ildanach

i see diaby is out for a month. that means it will be denilson and cesc in the middle on wedneday night. We need to buy cover (or even better a world class player) in the centre of midfield pronto!!
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

FC Twente v Arsenal

Arsenal are without Cesc Fabregas and several other first-team stars for the game against FC Twente in Holland.

Fabregas (hamstring) joins the likes of Kolo Toure (hip), Abou Diaby (thigh), Philippe Senderos (hamstring) and summer signing Samri Nasri (knee/thigh) on the sidelines along with Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo, who are both recovering from long-term injuries.

The number of absentees for the third qualifying round first-leg tie at the Grolsch Veste means Wales Under-21 international Aaron Ramsey - who joined the Gunners in a £5 million deal from Cardiff - could be handed a full competitive debut alongside young Brazilian Denilson in midfield.

Yahoo.