Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Good to see the lads enjoying themselves.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ildanach

from sky.com

Internazionale coach Roberto Mancini has confirmed Arsenal ace Alexander Hleb is one of his summer transfer targets.
Hleb has been continually linked with a possible summer switch to Inter in the last few months, after reports emerged that the Belarus midfielder and an agent had met with Inter officials last month.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has spoken of his fears of losing the talented midfielder, with Hleb having just two years to run on his current contract at Emirates Stadium.
Inter boss Roberto Mancini is a big admirer of Hleb and he says the Arsenal man, along with Genoa's Abdoulay Konko and Udinese's Gokhan Inler, are on his transfer wish-list.
Targets
"We have already spoken about the players we would like to sign," Mancini told the Corriere dello Sport.
"We are interested in Hleb, Inler and Konko."
Wenger admitted he is keen to keep hold of his best players, but he could face a major fight to hang onto Hleb, who will miss Arsenal's last three games of the season through suspension.
No problems
Meanwhile, Mancini has played down reports of unrest between himself and Inter president Massimo Moratti.
Mancini's position at the club has been the subject of debate with reports suggesting Inter have lined up a move for former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho to replace him at Giuseppe Meazza.
However, Mancini has played down the rumours and insists he has no problem with Moratti.
"Between me and Moratti there are no problems and everything is quiet," added Mancini.

hope he doesn't go. he has been one of our best players this year
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Norf Tyrone

Re the above regarding Hleb. Chelsea went through this with Robben last year and the Real president shouting from the roof tops about buying him.

Is this not tapping up??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

I'm a massive fan of Hleb. He's a throwback to the talented played at school who used to have the ball stuck to his foot as if it was glued there.

hitzelsperger

i have said it before that hleb is a good player but not good enough, cannot be counted upon to do it in the big games...he'll be a big miss if he does go but wont be too worried to be honest as i think rosicky is twice the player

ONeill

Any chance of editing the thread title Dinny in recognition of our champions

ildanach

Quote from: hitzelsperger on April 24, 2008, 10:17:00 PM
i have said it before that hleb is a good player but not good enough, cannot be counted upon to do it in the big games...he'll be a big miss if he does go but wont be too worried to be honest as i think rosicky is twice the player

the problem i have  with rosicky is he spends more time on the treatment table than on the field.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

I wonder will there be an announcement on whether flamini has signed or not today? Normal practice seems to be on the day of a game to do it.

ONeill

ONeill

Man Utd 0 West Ham 0
Arsenal 2 Everton 1
Newcastle 1 Chelsea o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpSFExhRdBA

spiritof91and94

Quote from: ONeill on April 29, 2008, 12:03:34 AM
Man Utd 0 West Ham 0
Arsenal 2 Everton 1
Newcastle 1 Chelsea o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpSFExhRdBA

Chelsea O 1 Bolton
Arsenal 2 Sunderland 0
Wigan 1 Man Utd 0

Champions!!!!!!! This is a Carlsberg Moment!!

An Fear Rua

Arsenal MD has fucked off, is it all falling apart? , hleb, flamini want out, wengers lost the plot........
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

An Fear Rua

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 01, 2008, 09:42:40 AM
What's this about AFR?

just broke on sky sports that the Managing Director has quit, loves the club we have grown as a business etc . Looks ripe for a take over at the grove
Its Grim up North

AZOffaly

Will Dein try and move back in? I read an interview about him recently, it sounded like he'd go back in the morning.