Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

i grow to dislike senderos more and more each day
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

Quote from: ildanach on March 04, 2008, 08:51:22 PM
i grow to dislike senderos more and more each day

Was talking to a fella who told me a true story. A group of Limerick men were at the Emirates and after the game they were in the Arsenal shop inside the ground. He says Wenger walks in flanked by a few minders to do some kind of signing. The Shannonsiders approached him and shared pleasantries - 'you're a great manager Mr Wenger', 'we really admire you Mr Wenger' etc. Before they left one of them asked if he would answer one more question. Wenger replied 'of course' in his best French accent. Yer man asks ' Why the fcuk, Mr Wenger, do you keep on playin thon cnut Senderos?' He says Arsene and his minders just smirked.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ildanach

walcott about to be introduced. will he be the hero?????
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

we need another change. hleb to the wing and bring on van persie. if it goes to extra time we will lose

ildanach

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooallll!!!!!
get in there cesc

ONeill

Yahoooooooooooooooo

The Joy of Cesc.

Houl out lads.

The Real Laoislad

Great Goal,Delighted for the gunners
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ExiledGael

100% deserved, especially Fabregas. Stood up and outshone Kaka. Wish Ronaldo would do it.
Hope that's the end of that Milan team, couldn't stand the sight of Inzaghi & Co for much longer.

ildanach

great result. lets hope our season can kick on from here. Totally out played milan

ONeill

This is the result Arsenal needed. Wenger's teams feed off confidence moreso than any other of the top sides who can grind out results.
First English side to defeat Milan in Italy?

Would swop it for the Carling Cup though.

superblues

great result for the gooners glad to see it don t like that milan  :)

Norf Tyrone

Yip Arsenal the first English side to win away to Milan. More than deserved, Arsenal looked to be happy to shake off the pressure of th premiership tonight, and more than deserved their win. Fibreglass especially looked back to his pre-Christmas form, and a fine Walcott cameo.

A few things noted;

* Was there no segregation? Kept panning to shots of pockets of Goons celebrating among glum Milanese.
* Had the camera man a fetish with the AC crerst. He spent the last 5 minutes shooting close ups of Milan scarves, hats. Everything!
* The draw will be VERY interesting. It looks (Fingers crossed for Chelsea) that there will 4 Eng sides, and 3 from Spain. Everyone hoping to get Porto or Schalke then!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

gawa316

Great result for Arsenal tonight and totally deserved.

Woudn't like to be the new milan coach next season, 3/4 of the team will have to go

T Fearon

I have to grudingly applaud the Goons, recovering from a potentially shattering 5-1 defeat by North London's most glamorous club only a few weeks ago, shows admirable mental strength.

However allowances must be made for the fact that the average age of Milan's defence is 153, and when Martin O'Neill and Alex Mc Leish can induce average teams to take points of the Goons in the league, I fear that last night may be the highlight of the season for the Goons.

ONeill

Yes, the same Martin O'Neill whose side went 4-1 up at Shite Hart Lane on Spuds' night of celebration? The same MArtin O'Neill whose side beat Spuds 2-1 at home? The same McLeish whose side beat Spuds 4-1 at the weekend? The same Birmingham who won 3-2 at Spuds?

Keep it coming Fatman.