Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quotebut it sounds as if Arsenal were unreal, and Liverpool will look at it as a point gained

Wouldn't say unreal but they played very well, Torres however was a problem for Liverpool clearly unfit and he provided no outlet up front, Crouch made a big difference. I think Liverpool should have pushed on for a second goal before sitting back, their aggressive high-tempo was causing Arsenal problems but to sit back was just going to invite Arsenal to attack and Arsenal are very patient in that situation was wrong.

Liverpool had chances and think they might be unhappy not to hold on for all 3 points but Arseanal hit the woodwork twice, missed two open goals from the rebounds and also should have had a penalty but happy with a point and would take the same next Saturday....
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Jose Reina said that Arsenal are the 'best side I have ever played against'. I know soundbites are worthless, but that's some statement to make.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 30, 2007, 12:06:58 PM
Jose Reina said that Arsenal are the 'best side I have ever played against'. I know soundbites are worthless, but that's some statement to make.

I was at the game in Anfield at the weekend and i have to say Arsenal are one of the best teams i have seen in a long time,Their movement off the ball and passing quality's is unreal and really Liverpool were very lucky to get a point in my opinion and i would see it as a point earned rather than two points dropped.Arsenal hit the post twice and missed two wide open goals.
Crouch did make a difference when he came on alright but really Arsenal deserved their point and will probably feel they should have taken all 3
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ildanach

Quote from: Dinny Breen on October 30, 2007, 09:13:42 AM

Eboue is an annoying player and I really do not like seeing him in an Arsenal shirt.....

me too. He lets himself and the side down. If he just played ball instead of that shit he would be better off. I remember he did the smae think last year in anfield in the cup. Wenger dropped him for a while after it and i thought he had grown up.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

As wth Dinny I enjoyed the rarity of watching it in the pub. Maybe it was the stout but it was very enjoyable to watch even at 1-0 down. That match has convinced me more than ever that Arsenal can mount a serious challenge in 2008. Hleb was wonderful to watch.

I was slightly disappointed though that Wenger blinked and played Adebayor on his own for the first time. He stretched 5 across the middle and although it ultimately paid off, if he'd dropped Eboue for Bentner, Eduardo or Walcott Arsenal may have knocked 3-4 past them. Eboue is NOT an Arsenal player. AW will off-load him when he can afford to do so.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

hitzelsperger

eboue is a time bomb, always does something stupid every match, he has all the attributes wenger looks for in a player (athletic and technical ability and i think since sagna has come in hes been on the vrege of things, will be suprised if he is with us next season.

I must say my opinion of Alex Hleb has totally changed in the past few month, before i thought he was very negative and seemed to lack confidence at takin players on etc but watching him this season he along with cesc has been immense, great first touch and some wonderful pieces of skill and his work rate has risen too. can see why wenger let freddie go because hleb is almost the same style as him except doesnty dart into the box as well as the swede.

I know theres a long way to go and the weekend will have a big say on things but i feel we are the team to beat at the minute, lead by the fab-ulous cesc, we're gona take some stopping!

ildanach

does anyone know how i can watch the match on saturday on the pc. have to work and dont want to miss it. wreckin it is going to be a cracker.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

ildanach

ildanach

Arsène Wenger has announced his 16-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup fourth-round tie with Sheffield United:

2. Abou DIABY (Age 21)                     
8. Lassana DIARRA (Age 22)                     
9. EDUARDO (Age 24)                     
15. DENILSON (Age 19)                     
17. Alex SONG (Age 20)                     
19. GILBERTO (Age 31)                     
21. Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 22)                     
26. Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 19)                     
31. Justin HOYTE (Age 22)                     
32. Theo WALCOTT (Age 18)                     
34. Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)                     
39. Henri LANSBURY (Age 16)                     
40. Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)                     
41. Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)                     
42. Fran MERIDA (Age 17)                     
43. Nacer BARAZITE (Age 17)

Average age of squad: 20.1 

take gilberto out and it brings it down to 19.4, i wonder what will the centre back partnership be tonight?
Song and hoyte or song and diarra? Dont think gilberto will be play there

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill

ONeill