Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overthetop

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 14, 2018, 12:00:12 PM
Whats your name Heally?
You wouldn't need to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out who healyhellraiser is to be fair. People are not stupid and can soon smell a rat. Shame on you for some of the shite you've posted on this forum and others

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: tyronegael4 on May 15, 2018, 02:05:13 PM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 14, 2018, 12:27:00 PM
Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 11:36:15 AM
Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on May 14, 2018, 11:20:16 AM
Quote from: outside of the left on May 14, 2018, 10:57:13 AM
Was a feisty game to say the least in greencastle yesterday. Carson had the ball at the time of the incident and was a dirty hit but he got a red card and that should be the end of it. cant see how it warrants more than a 1 game suspension just because the injury sustained was more serious. why treat it differently than any other strike?

Outside of the left you cant actually think this small curly haired p***k didn't mean what he did? in a court of law it would be GBH simple as that, remember one punch incident can be life threatening as we know in Omagh in the past 5 years. no place for it anywhere let alone a football match.

Lough were winning by 5 when it happened the lad must be a complete tr**p to do such a thing.

The player that struck has a long running history of this type of thuggery. Only way to stop him from doing it is to remove him from playing!!

So if Mark Carson receives a career ending injury, What you are saying is a 1 match ban is enough?? Punishment doesn't fit the crime imo!!![/b]

the injury cant affect the suspension, the exact same incident could happen again next week and the player on the receiving end could jump back up and there wouldnt be a word about it. Worst thing is it wasnt even the dirtiest hit in the game
Aye the Loughmacrory corner backs strike on the Greencastle man in the build up to the Loughmacrory goal was a dirty hit to.
Sludden seen it and decided to ignore it just like the incident with Carson.

It is also worth mentioning the fact there were a lot of Greencastle men giving nasty hits throughout the pitch and the fact an individual player from Greencastle got black carded in the first half, made his way down to kick two Loughmacrory boys on the ground when the row was on. Not acceptable and if the Loughmacrory member who jumped the wire is punished, that man should be too.
Loughmacrory man jumping the fence is a serious offence, a much more serious offence than what you are writing above about.

As for a lot of nasty Greencastle hits. From all the posts ive gathered it was an intense game, lot going on, the Loughmacroy goal apparently came from a greencastle man getting struck off the ball and also the nastiest hit came from Loughmacrory who caused a serious injury, a melee and the game to be abandoned. So wouldn't just be sitting there trying to blame Greencastle for what happened.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: DownFanatic on May 15, 2018, 02:12:23 PM
Errigal have the biggest pick of any club in Tyrone?

I'd say Omagh would run them close. Coalisland at stages can have up to 50 men out from what they tell me. Carrickmore used to be in this debate but men at that club could tell you better - think there was a football/hurling split some years ago caused a bit of bother. Don't think anyone else really gets close? Maybe Dromore?

The Golden Years

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 15, 2018, 03:09:32 PM

I'd say Omagh would run them close. Coalisland at stages can have up to 50 men out from what they tell me. Carrickmore used to be in this debate but men at that club could tell you better - think there was a football/hurling split some years ago caused a bit of bother. Don't think anyone else really gets close? Maybe Dromore?
Carrickmore have about 45 at senior training on a good night.  A lot these are lads coming through from the successfully minor team a few years back which is good to see.  Reserve team is as strong as i ever seen it this year.

Club boi

Was a feisty game to say the least in greencastle yesterday. Carson had the ball at the time of the incident and was a dirty hit but he got a red card and that should be the end of it. cant see how it warrants more than a 1 game suspension just because the injury sustained was more serious. why treat it differently than any other strike?

Outside of the left you cant actually think this small curly haired p***k didn't mean what he did? in a court of law it would be GBH simple as that, remember one punch incident can be life threatening as we know in Omagh in the past 5 years. no place for it anywhere let alone a football match.

Lough were winning by 5 when it happened the lad must be a complete tr**p to do such a thing.

The player that struck has a long running history of this type of thuggery. Only way to stop him from doing it is to remove him from playing!!

So if Mark Carson receives a career ending injury, What you are saying is a 1 match ban is enough?? Punishment doesn't fit the crime imo!!![/b]

the injury cant affect the suspension, the exact same incident could happen again next week and the player on the receiving end could jump back up and there wouldnt be a word about it. Worst thing is it wasnt even the dirtiest hit in the game
Aye the Loughmacrory corner backs strike on the Greencastle man in the build up to the Loughmacrory goal was a dirty hit to.

It is also worth mentioning the fact there were a lot of Greencastle men giving nasty hits throughout the pitch and the fact an individual player from Greencastle got black carded in the first half, made his way down to kick two Loughmacrory boys on the ground when the row was on. Not acceptable and if the Loughmacrory member who jumped the wire is punished, that man should be too.

Ok, we'll take your word mister "PG" or Loughmacrory Chairman lol

stillsenior

Omagh probably doesn't have as big a pick as you might think. Remember Drumragh and Tattyreagh are the same parish and  a good portion of Omagh "town" is actually in Killyclogher parish. Errigal fielding 4 teams makes a bit of a mockery of the parish not being able to support 2 clubs which as far as I know was one of the main reasons for Glencull not being accepted by the county board.

bigtogs

I would say so They take in 2 parish's, my Club Clonoe are in Clonoe Parish with Brockagh,Derrylaughan and Derrytresk!!

Delegater

Quote from: bigtogs on May 15, 2018, 05:02:26 PM

I would say so They take in 2 parish's, my Club Clonoe are in Clonoe Parish with Brockagh,Derrylaughan and Derrytresk!!

Poor Clonoe!!! Many a parish has two or more clubs.

Not as if the Clonoe tentacles arent stuck in every junior club within five miles.

bigtogs

Quote from: Delegater on May 15, 2018, 05:24:48 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on May 15, 2018, 05:02:26 PM

Poor Clonoe!!! Many a parish has two or more clubs.

Not as if the Clonoe tentacles arent stuck in every junior club within five miles.

We had one Senior player transferred to us from Derrytesk from 1990 no one from any other Club,so i am unsure what you mean...

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: TabClear on May 15, 2018, 12:48:42 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on May 15, 2018, 12:00:55 PM
Quote from: toby47 on May 15, 2018, 11:40:13 AM
Quote from: DownFanatic on May 15, 2018, 11:00:41 AM
What are the rules on eligibility?
Are Errigal required to produce a list of players that aren't eligible for Thirds football at the start of the year?

As far as I know if you play a senior/reserve league game you aren't eligible to play for the thirds.

Clubs that have a thirds team usually run it separately from their senior/reserve team. Usually more of a sociable/recreational atmosphere and not used in a way that if someone is starring they are promoted to the reserve/senior team.

Perhaps not in this case. Errigal are definitely playing some of their Div 1 players in the III's team whenever the thirds are playing on a different day to the Senior teams. Surely this isn't fair to the Junior Clubs?

To be fair to EC I dont think this has been the case either. Obviously cannot comment on every game but they do usually seem to have a pretty clear line between the two squads. I know they have had Senior or Ex Senior players in the past but thats fair enough if they have dropped to the thirds for a reason (Committment/Fitness/age etc). Errigal are actually at a disadvantage  as they will likely never have a "superstar" in their thirds team (like McShane etc for Owen Roes") as they will obviously be in the 1st team squad. I took a quick look at some of the players featuring in the last couple of matches and while a few players seem stronger than usual, as long as they arent swapping between the squads thats ok in my book. A testament to the strength in depth and numbers they get out (and catchment area no doubt  ;)) so fair play.

Geezus my heart bleeds for them. First world problems.

;D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Tyrone95

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on May 15, 2018, 02:51:42 PM

Loughmacrory man jumping the fence is a serious offence, a much more serious offence than what you are writing above about.

As for a lot of nasty Greencastle hits. From all the posts ive gathered it was an intense game, lot going on, the Loughmacroy goal apparently came from a greencastle man getting struck off the ball and also the nastiest hit came from Loughmacrory who caused a serious injury, a melee and the game to be abandoned. So wouldn't just be sitting there trying to blame Greencastle for what happened.

What way is Mark Carson now from Sunday? I didn't hear much else about him apart from some of the nonsense posted on here! hopefully on the better side of it!

omagh_gael

Saw a screenshot of a post he sent in a watsapp group (assuming it's GC players group) from Monday morning saying all scans etc came back clear and he may have small fracture to his eye socket, although couldn't tell due to swelling. Was out of hospital that evening id assume. Hopefully he's back on the field asap.

LeoMc

If they are fielding 4 teams including subs they would definitely have the biggest playing squad by a long way. However that may not correlate directly to the biggest pick, just the best retention of players.
I would think that if a couple of the other big clubs started to put out a third team to provide more playing opportunities their pick would soon increase.
There is plenty of us would like to play a bit of ball without having to train 3 days a week and follow a gym programme and diet.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: LeoMc on May 15, 2018, 09:34:39 PM

If they are fielding 4 teams including subs they would definitely have the biggest playing squad by a long way. However that may not correlate directly to the biggest pick, just the best retention of players.
I would think that if a couple of the other big clubs started to put out a third team to provide more playing opportunities their pick would soon increase.
There is plenty of us would like to play a bit of ball without having to train 3 days a week and follow a gym programme and diet.

Well tough luck mate,  football doesn't work like that. If you had that attitude even playing division 3, you'd be tanked every game. I would argue that You can't play football now at any level without doing the appropriate training. It's no Craic either when your not fit and your blowing out if your hole after 10 minutes trying to chase the opposition around the pitch. You want a handy time, then football isn't for you mate, you may go play bowls or something.

Under Lights

Didn't there used to be a recreational league