New applegreen filling station Belfast M1

Started by orangeman, May 09, 2015, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 11, 2015, 02:10:09 PM
Quote from: Keyser soze on May 11, 2015, 12:17:08 PM
Quote from: Muzz on May 11, 2015, 12:01:25 PM
The actual reason for the delay is due to a badger set being found.  And as per usual these days when things like these are found you cant do anything until they decide to move out themselves.  Something about mating season or something.

Would gassing them or shooting them not be quicker?

I often wonder could the site managers not just turn a blind eye and fill the holes in with a fill of cement, like who would really know? ;)
It wouldn't sett.

I'll get my coat.

Nigel White

Fearon will be ripping that he didn't think of that.

armaghniac

Another contender for post of the year!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ardal

Don't be badgering Fearon.

It'd a black and White issue. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill

LCohen

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on May 10, 2015, 05:46:02 PM
Quote from: LCohen on May 10, 2015, 05:37:02 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 10, 2015, 01:30:07 PM
The lack of progress is baffling. Maybe there is some good reason for it. But you'd hate to be the developer. It will be a very expensive filling station before it opens.

The site acquisition was a mess. The site was bought off the local farmer. But they didn't buy enough land. They had to back for more. By that stage they had committed to the site and the farmer had them by the nads. The sorted now but at who knows what price

or alternatively it was something to do with badgers. Don't tell prince Charlie
Thanks for that explanation. Like Orangeman, I've been mystified by the progress to date which seemed to involve simply moving large amounts of earth from one area of the site to the other. The Panama Canal was built quicker!

T Fearon

Might do a roaring trade with the faithful flocking in their thousands to the annual Clonard Monastery Novena