DVD Box Sets

Started by David McKeown, December 15, 2007, 11:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Anyone know where I could get old all ireland finals such as those featured on TG4 as a box set.  I think I remember seeing on for the 80's in Golden Discs once but couldnt find any, anywhere when I was looking today
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Zulu

I think the GAA should take a leaf out of the NFL (American football) manual and start producing their own archive footage. Wouldn't it be great in 30-40 years time for people to be able to look back on the time their county won it's first AI and get a real feeling for the game, the day and even the general mood of the county/country at the time. I have the Meath/Dublin trilogy and the Mayo/Dublin semi final on DVD but they basically just show the games, and as great as they were I think that adding additional coverage of what the day was like, the build up to the game, interviews afterwards etc. could allow people to wallow in the whole occasion many years afterwards. After all if that's not your thing you can simply skip onto the match, but I'm sure there would be many a lad who'd slip on the DVD after a few too many over Christmas and could relive the whole day again.

off the laces

Quote from: Zulu on December 16, 2007, 12:01:47 AM
I think the GAA should take a leaf out of the NFL (American football) manual and start producing their own archive footage. Wouldn't it be great in 30-40 years time for people to be able to look back on the time their county won it's first AI and get a real feeling for the game, the day and even the general mood of the county/country at the time. After all if that's not your thing you can simply skip onto the match, but I'm sure there would be many a lad who'd slip on the DVD after a few too many over Christmas and could relive the whole day again.
Will probably be the only time for armagh to get back to the all ireland final :)
Keeps 'er' straight

give her dixie

Take your points, thanks for the link as it is a great site.
Order in for a couple of dvd's already.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......