Offaly v Sligo

Started by LooseCannon, June 17, 2019, 09:55:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mano

2 more goals concede already.

Blowitupref

Half time Offaly 2-8 Sligo 0-9. By my count Sligo have conceded 22 goals this year now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Offaly 3-17 Sligo 0-15 Full time.

SLIGONIAN

Taylor Resign please, your not the source of our issues but you are a symptom of the choices of an incompetent county board.

Given the results which show to me a lack of learning or progress, conceding 3-17 today to Offaly, not a div2 side, a side that's struggled to stay in div 3 is unacceptable.

The worst year in a long time if ever for our Seniors. We are in danger of throwing away all the good work at underage if Taylor stays.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

LooseCannon

To be fair, we've only really got motoring since the league ended.

macdanger2

Good to see Maughan doing well

The Biff

How things have changed around here.  Magpie Seanie used to be the only Sligonian and we had a raft of Faithful followers (who now mostly frequent a native DB elsewhere).  But it's good to see what the other sides are thinking here now and again.

Yesterday, I think Sligo played reasonably well against our team who were under big pressure to step up their form at home.  The key difference was our finishing and overall workrate.  Offaly worked really hard in support running, right up to the end.  For the first time in many years, I reckoned our whole team put in a really big effort to take control of the game, and then mange to hold onto that control.  John Maughan has certainly been a good addition for Offaly Football.  We needed his "steel" badly, and it seems to be paying off for us, albeit at our own level still.
Never argue with a fool; He'll bring you down to his level and then beat you on experience.

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Biff on June 24, 2019, 10:19:34 AM
How things have changed around here.  Magpie Seanie used to be the only Sligonian and we had a raft of Faithful followers (who now mostly frequent a native DB elsewhere).  But it's good to see what the other sides are thinking here now and again.

Yesterday, I think Sligo played reasonably well against our team who were under big pressure to step up their form at home.  The key difference was our finishing and overall workrate.  Offaly worked really hard in support running, right up to the end.  For the first time in many years, I reckoned our whole team put in a really big effort to take control of the game, and then mange to hold onto that control.  John Maughan has certainly been a good addition for Offaly Football.  We needed his "steel" badly, and it seems to be paying off for us, albeit at our own level still.

How are things? I was in Tullamore yesterday and that's a fair enough assessment I'd say.

Still a good Offaly crew knocking around here but they're a lot more subdued than in days gone by, like myself if truth be told.

Blowitupref

Reading between the lines of this Paul Taylor will be staying on as Sligo manager for at least another year.

Quote"Look, I'm not making decisions today and I don't think anyone else will either," stressed the former county star.

"As far as I am concerned, this group is going to be successful yet and we need to build on the work that has been done this year.

"Yes, we didn't have a good year but there's a lot of work being done. You need time to get to know your players. There's a lot of attitudes and some lads have a lot of problems to deal with and you realise that some lads need different stuff as well. We need to progress on what we did this year. There'll be no decision from me, as far as I'm concerned, I'm only starting."