Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: mup on June 24, 2019, 03:22:47 PM
Its actually hilarious that the Dubs can't  see that the money makes no difference.

They actually fully believe it's the magical fairy volunteers.  ;D ;D

Sure if it were all about the volunteers and not about the money, they'd have no problem giving the money back would they?
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

Declan Rowley
@Declan049603271
Suggestion- All teams in Leinster bar Dublin make a pact to withdraw from next year's championship until this ridiculous situation is brought to an end. Why would players make the huge commitment required each year to end up with this humiliation?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

highorlow

Did the Dublin team go to work today or were they all off on some recovery sessions for the day?

I remember back in the days of Whealan and Jayo the whole Dublin team after a championship game used to go out playing golf in Hollystown of a Monday courtesy of Oliver Barry. Struck me back then that they had it handy lifestyle wise.

Money and funding players lifestyles is a huge part of this and yesterday was like professionals against amateurs. The Dublin players can meet up regularly and train 3 to 4 times a day, that also makes a massive difference. The players themselves admit to this where they say they are all close knit and like a big family.

I'd say most of the Dublin panel don't do much in the line of work during the championship campaign and are basically full time Gaelic Footballers. This is the major advantage they have over every other team.

Some lads here are digging into the past and comparing Kerry and Dublins dominance back in the day. It was almost the same thing back then, all the Kerry lads had jobs fixed up for them back then and were earning money off washing machines and ovens and ranges, it was probably the same for the Dubs once they got up and running.

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Tony Baloney

What?! The winners would have been on the rip on a Monday (and beyond) regardless of their county!

kerryforsam19

Quote from: highorlow on June 24, 2019, 09:18:14 PM
Did the Dublin team go to work today or were they all off on some recovery sessions for the day?

I remember back in the days of Whealan and Jayo the whole Dublin team after a championship game used to go out playing golf in Hollystown of a Monday courtesy of Oliver Barry. Struck me back then that they had it handy lifestyle wise.

Money and funding players lifestyles is a huge part of this and yesterday was like professionals against amateurs. The Dublin players can meet up regularly and train 3 to 4 times a day, that also makes a massive difference. The players themselves admit to this where they say they are all close knit and like a big family.

I'd say most of the Dublin panel don't do much in the line of work during the championship campaign and are basically full time Gaelic Footballers. This is the major advantage they have over every other team.

Some lads here are digging into the past and comparing Kerry and Dublins dominance back in the day. It was almost the same thing back then, all the Kerry lads had jobs fixed up for them back then and were earning money off washing machines and ovens and ranges, it was probably the same for the Dubs once they got up and running.

None of Dublin team work. Kerry lads are on the beer all day in Killarney. My husband met them on his lunch break earlier.

kerryforsam19

Bullshit Kerry players in 70s all worked hard. They were the greatest team of all time. This Dublin team is professional.  Ridiculous can train 3/4 times a day. Kerry only meet as group on a Tuesday and Thursday and play a v b on weekend

Baile Brigín 2

imtommygunn

Donegal did 3 under mcguinness apparently. You never know how much truth there is in these thing though which I expect you are alluding to...

tonto1888

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on June 24, 2019, 09:28:45 PM

None of Dublin team work. Kerry lads are on the beer all day in Killarney. My husband met them on his lunch break earlier.
none of the Dublin team work? What a load of crap

yellowcard

Some amount of Dub bashing all over the press since yesterday, it's become a bit embarrassing to be honest and I say that as a non Dub. It's aimed at taking away from what is an exceptional group of players who come along once in a lifetime. The Dubs will always be competitive due to sheer numbers alone and I think most people would think it only right that money be spread equitably across all counties but the timing of the drip drip media articles in a season when they are going for 5 in a row is no coincidence. Media hacks and ex players playing the populist card.

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on June 24, 2019, 11:31:36 PM
Some amount of Dub bashing all over the press since yesterday, it's become a bit embarrassing to be honest and I say that as a non Dub. It's aimed at taking away from what is an exceptional group of players who come along once in a lifetime. The Dubs will always be competitive due to sheer numbers alone and I think most people would think it only right that money be spread equitably across all counties but the timing of the drip drip media articles in a season when they are going for 5 in a row is no coincidence. Media hacks and ex players playing the populist card.

To be fair Dublin players and fans have been the pawns in all of this! Not that they are complaining. Why would they? What annoys most is their total denial that funds have helped them prosper. And there is a must try harder for the rest of us. But don't expect financial help.

TheGreatest

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2019, 12:09:37 AM

To be fair Dublin players and fans have been the pawns in all of this! Not that they are complaining. Why would they? What annoys most is their total denial that funds have helped them prosper. And there is a must try harder for the rest of us. But don't expect financial help.

Not at all, Money is a key component but its mutiple factors that contribute to the success of this team and stated above and forever and ever, the grant money recieved, which is peoples main argument, none of the current squad benefited from that money.

Dublin have advantages absolutley, some have always been there, some are new.

Also, Gents, you cant be taking KerryforSam for real, he/she is on the wind up, best ignored.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TheGreatest on June 25, 2019, 10:57:21 AM

Not at all, Money is a key component but its mutiple factors that contribute to the success of this team and stated above and forever and ever, the grant money recieved, which is peoples main argument, none of the current squad benefited from that money.

Also, Gents, you cant be taking KerryforSam for real, he/she is on the wind up, best ignored.

I have him/her on ignore.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tonto1888

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 25, 2019, 05:39:07 PM

How do you do that

Farrandeelin

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 25, 2019, 06:56:17 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 25, 2019, 05:39:07 PM

How do you do that

Profile, account settings. There's an option to ignore posters if you want.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.